Bedtime Stories Appreciation Thread!

hesser

Presenting best Rap video & being ignored by Dr. Dre

Take A Bow winning Best Female

I never noticed Dre, but I always wondered what was with the George Clooney diss. He looked like he thought he was gonna catch an STD off her.

This was back in the days they showed the MTV Awards (along with fabulous pre-show) on MTV Europe live, so I stayed up and watched her with the swear unbleeped :fag:

Presenting best Rap video & being ignored by Dr. Dre

Take A Bow winning Best Female

<object width="325" height="300"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="325" height="300"></embed></object>

didnt she once work with Dr. Dre

GOd i hated her RUBY WAX interview on BBC ONE

i LOVE that interview!!!

its one of my favorites :thumbsup:

^ But 2 prove I have the bigger dick..here's part II. :fag:

<div><object width="380" height="281"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x9kyfd_bedtime-stories-notte-rock-intervie_music&related=1"></param><param'>http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x9kyfd_bedtime-stories-notte-rock-intervie_music&related=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x9kyfd_bedtime-stories-notte-rock-intervie_music&related=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="380" height="281" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>

Bedtime Stories 'Notte Rock' Interview 1994 pt. II

Geüpload door acko21. - Bekijk de laatste featured muziek video clips.</div>

is she rockin' the gold tooth in that interview??

Guest Sephyr
You are obsessed with charts. Do you chart your boyfriends? Do you chart the food your like with how many people in the world buy it? You must chart everything. Charting is your life.

:dramatic::lmao:

Bedtime Stories is one of my favorite albums. I didn't really get into some songs like Don't Stop and I'd Rather Be Your Lover like I could have but the REST!!! Oh I loved Sanctuary and Bedtime Stories among the others. The production on the album was wonderful and her voice was so rich! I think my favorite line on the album was from Sanctuary: "Who needs the sun when the rain's so full of life"

didnt she once work with Dr. Dre

No. She was rumored to have approached him to work on Bedtimes Stories, but he shot her down saying she was "too pop" but of course he went on to write Eminem's poppy stuff and work with Gwen Stefani.

I loved how defensive she was in this era. "I'm being punished!" was the headline in all the magazine covers.

Then there's Human Nature "did I have a point of view" cause she got her bum out :lmao: "Oops I didn't know we couldn't talk about SEX". In the Sex era people were calling her boring.

*Shows off his Bedtime Stories signature*

I loved how defensive she was in this era. "I'm being punished!" was the headline in all the magazine covers.

Then there's Human Nature "did I have a point of view" cause she got her bum out :lmao: "Oops I didn't know we couldn't talk about SEX". In the Sex era people were calling her boring.

Really?? wow, that surprises me... :nocomment:

Reviews and stuff said she was boring, presumably cause the shock tactics were seen as tired, as was taking her clothes off yet again. I remember she was nominated for Grand Bore Of The Year Award at the BOFTYs (Bore Of The Year Awards) at the time, which was presented by Ian Hislop.

Guest nothingfails0603
Who was calling her boring? Certainly not the American media. She broke history with what she did during the 'Sex' era. JML started the ball rolling and Erotica/Sex just pushed the boat out. I mean a video single that you could purchase? Wow. Plus, the fact that it is referred to as an era says a lot for it. I like that Bedtime stories is her time of wrapping herself up warm and protecting herself. De-cluttering her surrounding and showing that she is human, she has feelings and that it is not wrong to show those feelings. I remember as a child my dads outrage at her. He called her a 'ridiculous whore' or something to that effect (along with dirty). I love recovery.

Well, it seemed like American media had a huge Madonna backlash in late 92/early 93. Sex got a lot of attention, but by the time Body Of Evidence came out, Madonna was considered one of the most hated celebrities. This was when 10 page articles about how "over" she was were being published, although the ironic thing about that IMO was that if she was so over, why would someone write such a long article confirming it. If you thought media was vicious to Madonna in recent years over the divorce and adoption, she's America's sweetheart compared to how she was treated the day after she appeared on Letterman with her famous interview. IMO Bedtime Stories was a crucial step to help repair her reputation.

One thing I wasn't keen on around Bedtime Stories were her nose and navel piercings. Thought she jumped on the bandwagon a bit late there, and that's more for teenagers. That nose ring on the album cover always used to annoy me. :voodoo:

"IF I WERE PRESIDENT" by Madonna Ciccone

GEORGE magazine, 1994.

versace_53.jpg

It seems funny to start a sentence with the words "If I were

president," because I'm sure I'd never want to be. I vaguely remember

being asked this question in fifth-grade history class, but that was

the year I discovered boys. And my political ambitions took a back

seat to my libido. (I know what you're thinking -- some things never

change.)

Don't get me wrong. I like the idea of being a leader and effecting

change. I like the idea of being an inspiration to the downtrodden, of

educating the masses. I like the idea of fighting for equal rights for

women and gays and all minorities. I like the idea of embracing other

countries and other cultures and promoting world peace. Fighting the

good fight, as it were. But I think I'd rather do it as an artist.

Because artists are allowed to make mistakes and artists are allowed

to have unconventional ideas and artists are allowed to be overweight

and dress badly and have an opinion. Artists are allowed to have a

past. In short, artists are allowed to be human. And presidents are

not. So the question is, how can someone be a good leader if he or she

isn't allowed to be human?

It doesn't seem like it's always been this way, but as we hurl

ourselves into the twenty-first century, our paranoia seems to grow

with our technological advancement. We live in an increasingly fearful

society--too many people have guns, too many people are afraid, too

many people are struggling, and too many people need a scapegoat.

Someone to blame. A whipping boy. And this, my friend, is what we seem

to need presidents for. As soon as we're done congratulating them, we

tie their hands behind their backs and watch them flounder. A

self-fulfilling prophecy. The President is going to fuck up. The

President did fuck up! The President sucks!!! He's the reason we're in

this mess. Give me another beer. Nobody wants to take responsibility

for their own behavior. If you're president, there are too many people

to please and too few toes you can step on, and one day you wake up

and find you don't have a point of view or a set of balls. I'd rather eat glass.

But if I were the president ... you know, like in some parallel

universe where there wasn't any pain or prejudice, where the National

Enquirer did not exist and women were allowed to empower themselves

without being labeled heretical and perverse, then:

* Schoolteachers would be paid more than movie stars or basketball

players.

* Rush Limbaugh, Bob Dole and Jesse Helms would be sentenced to a

hard-labor work camp for the rest of their lives.

* Howard Stern would get kicked out of the country and Roman

Polanski would be allowed back in.

* The entire armed forces would come out of the closet.

That's just off the top of my head, but don't get me started - I have

enough problems.

im listening to Don't Stop as im typing.

Love this track!!

"Don't stop, keep movin' keep groovin'!"

"Keep, dont stop groovin"

yea, i like it, im gonna admit it