Madonna & Mercy

daizy1

and is that a bad thing?

considering the way Faye looks nowadays i think it is LOL :confused:

but i guess that was just weird photoshop effect

Why is she releasing a photo now when a few weeks ago she said the whole adoption was nobodys business.... Sometimes she can be such a hypocrite.

to be honest though, ive never actually heard her say that. i didnt even see her mouth move or any sound come out when the media said she said it, i believe they added subtitles, the only thing i heard her say was "no" two times. i never believed she actually said it was no one's business, because she officially made a statement a few weeks earlier that she'd only want to adopt with the support of malawian people and government, so then it most certainly IS "everyone's business".

to be honest though, ive never actually heard her say that. i didnt even see her mouth move or any sound come out when the media said she said it, i believe they added subtitles, the only thing i heard her say was "no" two times. i never believed she actually said it was no one's business, because she officially made a statement a few weeks earlier that she'd only want to adopt with the support of malawian people and government, so then it most certainly IS "everyone's business".

Yes, poor innocent Madonna. :nocomment:

I remember seeing a clip from Malawi with a reporter asking her about the adoption and her responding it was none of their business.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/africa/03/30/nutt.qanda/

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/artic...usiness_1099066

all im saying is that i never literally heard or saw that coming out of her mouth.

I remember seeing a clip from Malawi with a reporter asking her about the adoption and her responding it was none of their business.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/africa/03/30/nutt.qanda/

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/artic...usiness_1099066

What she actually said it was none of the business of the so-called human rights groups who challenged the adoption. They were the "they" she was referring to, not the whole world or the media or her fans. The adoption process should involve the court system, the adopting parent, and the biological parents or relatives of the child. Why do these human rights groups have the right to challenge an adoption, I really have no idea. They have no real interest in the child.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
hahahahaha. Did you not understand what I meant? You know like removed from shitty ipods and the internet and all this shit around us. But their lives a little fucked because of it too. Like the good and the bad magnified enormously.

No, i understood, it was just such a bizarre comment :lol:

I guess you love the movie The Color Purple.....

colorpurple.jpg

That featured black people before they had iPods.

MADONNA SOBS FOR LITTLE MERCY

Madonna and Mercy

Thursday April 16,2009

WHILE Madonna puts on a brave face following the rejection of her bid to adopt a second Malawian child friends say that in private the heartbroken star is finding it hard to eat and even to keep up her punishing exercise regime.

The Material Girl continues her fight to adopt three-year-old orphan Mercy after a judge in Malawi threw out her application last month.

The child would have been sister to adopted David Banda, three, and her other children Rocco, eight, and Lourdes, 12.

Following the drama of her div­orce from Guy Ritchie friends say she is taking the rejection particularly badly.

“Madonna attended a Pass­over dinner in London held by members of her Kabbalah faith and broke down in tears about Mercy,” says a source close to the singer.

“She has abandoned her strict macrobiotic diet and is eating virtually nothing. She has even stopped training since she returned from Malawi and seems to be in a trance a lot of the time. Since her adoption bid was rejected she has dropped five pounds.

“Madonna looked wiped out, telling guests she felt weak from lack of sleep and exercise. She said she felt too low to train which, for her, is unheard of.”

But friends are rallying around and even Guy is keeping an eye on her, reveals the source.

“Madonna said Stella McCartney has given her a lot of ‘girly’ support.

“She has spoken to her in the middle of the night, apparently Stella is always on the end of the phone.

“She has been telling her to eat during the two meals they’ve had together since Madonna returned from Malawi.

“Guy is worried too and is checking in on her with phone calls during the day.

“At the Kabbalah meetings and dinner she just wanted to talk about what she could offer Mercy and how attached to her she now feels.”

I hope that article posted above ("Madonna sobs for little Mercy") is just more tabloid nonsense.

I'm sure she's upset, but I think the tabloids are exaggerating it. If she was that upset and not eating etc, she wouldn't be able to leave her house. And we have seen plenty of pictures of her out and around. It doesn't appear like she has lost 5 pounds, if anything she looks a little heavier than she was in the past.

A couple of articles from The Guardian / Observer:

Better Madonna As Your Mother Than No Mother At All

The Power Of Sepia, An Experts Take On That Madonna Image Martin Parr (one of my absolute favourite photographers) explains the significance of the sepia tone of the Madonna / Mercy photo.

• 2 weeks later...

dailymail suxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...rls-father.html

Madonna isn't fit to adopt my Mercy, claims the girl's father

By Richard Simpson

Last updated at 11:04 PM on 29th April 2009

Comments (0) Add to My Stories

Madonna's hopes of adopting a second child from Malawi were dealt a crushing blow last night after the infant's father began a bid to claim full custody.

James Kambewa, 24, said he wanted to spare his three-year-old daughter Mercy a life of 'scandal' with a woman he claimed lacks 'good morals'.

Mr Kambewa, who has never met his daughter after walking out on her mother when she was pregnant, has written a letter to lawyers asking for a permanent injunction against Madonna adopting her.

Adoption bid: Madonna cradles Mercy, three, while on a visit to Malawi

Speaking exclusively to the Daily Mail last night, Mr Kambewa, who earns just £23 a month as a security guard, insisted he would give his daughter a good home.

Mercy has been living in an orphanage since her mother died.

'She is my daughter; she is my blood; she needs parental love,' he said. 'She is not an orphan. She lost one parent, yes, but I am still alive and so she is not an orphan.

'Madonna has millions of dollars but that doesn't make her a good mum. Parental love is more than money.'

The letter from James Kambewa, which he wrote in an attempt to block Madonna's application to adopt his daughter

James is yet to meet Mercy, after he left her mother when she was pregnant

He added: 'Besides, I don't think Madonna is a model mum. I have seen her in movies of her songs. She doesn't portray good morals.

'How can a woman of 50 dance almost naked on stage? I wouldn't want my daughter to grow up like that! In Malawi women respect themselves. Cultured women do not go about half-naked.

'I also heard after her marriage failed she is already seeing two men, both very younger than her and her ex-husband. I hear one of them is even less than half her age. That's scandalous. How can a normal woman fall for a boy who can as well be her son? No, spare my Mercy that scandal.'

A court has already denied Madonna, 50, the chance to adopt Mercy, but she is said to be ' confident' of overturning that ruling at an appeal next Monday.

She had hoped it would succeed on the basis she has the backing of Mercy's immediate family, includingher grandmother Lucy Chekichiwa and her uncle Peter Baneti. That, however, was before Mr Kambewa's intervention.

He is enlisting the help the Human Rights Consultative Committee, a group of organisations which have campaigned against Madonna's adoption bid.

Madonna holds her adopted son David as they meet with the boy's biological father, Yohane Banda, during her visit to Malawi in March

In a hand-written letter to the HRCC legal team, headed ' Claiming the right to raise a child', he said: 'I have learnt that an American-musician called Madonna has applied to a court for the adoption of the kid, to which the grandmother has consented.

'However, I do not consent to the adoption because I feel I am capable of raising the child.'

Mr Kambewa met Mercy's mother Mwandida Maunde when she was 15. They fell in love and Mwandida became pregnant.

The singer brought along her biological daughter Lourdes for the adoption proceedings

But Mr Kambewa denied responsibility for the child and disappeared. He has pledged to take a DNA test to prove he is the father.

'I regret I haven't been around for Mercy for the past three years,' he said. 'She shouldn't have been at the orphanage if I was around.

'I regret my childishness. I hope the appeal fails so that I assume my rightful role as Mercy's dad.'

The HRCC confirmed it had received his letter and will decide whether to appoint a lawyer for him.