The new song on the tour - any guesses?

jonski43

well... I only imagine Who's that Girl as part of the Gypsy act but could work in the second section as well with new arrangament. Could be for Heartbeat ?

Guest Danny86
well... I only imagine Who's that Girl as part of the Gypsy act but could work in the second section as well with new arrangament. Could be for Heartbeat ?

"Heartbeat" is too choreographed and conceptual, the heartbeat and gradual rise up after the crashing onstage and then the rock outro flowing into "Borderline" is not something they could mess with.

I wonder if it's "She's Not Me"? The montage video concept was used for stuff like "Music" already and the 4 dancer thing could still be done with "Who's That Girl", just less "bitch! slut! cunt!" stuff... :confused:

I actually like She's not me on this tour. It reminded me of a Prince song of the 80's when I heard it on the album. She can keep that one. I like SL also. I actually like the live version better than the album. Doli Doli or La Isla can go. More so La Isla. Destroyed a beautiful song and created Pela Tute. Yuck!!!! Confessions at least still sounded like the '87 classic.

I actually like She's not me on this tour. It reminded me of a Prince song of the 80's when I heard it on the album. She can keep that one. I like SL also. I actually like the live version better than the album. Doli Doli or La Isla can go. More so La Isla. Destroyed a beautiful song and created Pela Tute. Yuck!!!! Confessions at least still sounded like the '87 classic.

I LOVE the new version. It was one of my favorite numbers in the show.

Guest Danny86

Anna regarding whether "WTG" is in or not:

"we'll just see about that, but i've got something that you really like!!!"

So does it mean it's...

dressholiday7.jpg

But where exactly? Instead of "Miles Away" or "She's Not Me"? Or it's replacing the request section?

Guest Johnkm

I would love to hear something other than Ray of light, as much as I adore it, a change would be nice, so long as she doesnt change Shes Not Me ill be happy, wouldnt be any good without it

I would love to hear something other than Ray of light, as much as I adore it, a change would be nice, so long as she doesnt change Shes Not Me ill be happy, wouldnt be any good without it

She can get rid of Music too. I'd prefer to hear Holiday in the old skool section. She's Not Me fit well in that section. It had some 80's vibe to it also. :thumbsup:

Guest Johnkm
She can get rid of Music too. I'd prefer to hear Holiday in the old skool section.

Hmm I agree, anything bar Music would be preferable, I never liked it as a song, never quite got what all the fuss was about (same for that whole album really)

Guest Not4Pussies

anna gave us two hints

"it's time for the good times"

and

"i've got something that you'll really like"

so that means Holiday and Dress You Up

not that big of a surprise

i see Dress You Up replacing Borderline

and I hope Who's That Girl does make it in

Guest Danny86

^She also said that one HC track is being replaced (not "SL"), so the other must be an addition, not a substitute.

She was trying to learn the guitar for "Dress You Up" back during the rehearsals for the Re-Invention Tour, and it was replaced by "Material Girl." So maybe she was working on it again -- and, in that sense, I suppose it would be easy to replace "Borderline."

I'm wondering if "Hung Up" will be replaced rather than "Ray of Light." RoL had more of a rave light show with it -- Hung Up had the weird chess backdrop. I felt like RoL fit in better than Hung Up did in that set -- and the rock arrangement of Hung Up doesn't suit it nearly as well as its original arrangement. (Just my two cents. If I had to pick one weak song that M performs on the tour, it would probably be Hung Up. That just didn't electrify as much as everything else. And let's be honest -- the final section is when you really want to nail songs. When I saw it live, I still enjoyed Hung Up -- the crowd in NYC was all singing along and everything, and I think that's what really made it, was the crowd's energy. In a less energetic venue, that number might have fallen flat for her.)

Guest Danny86

^Both "ROL" and "Hung Up" are huge crowd pleasers, the latter is one of her biggest European hits, so no way she's gonna drop that from an EU tour.

"Human Nature" is the only song that could be replaced for a bigger hit among the old songs, but I guess she still wants to do the Britney promo, which means we should really only think among HC tracks...

However, if she indeed adds "Holiday" and replaces "Borderline" with "Dress You Up", then the balance is still kept in the setlist for the studio albums, but Anna really gave some accurate info lately, so for now I'd rather believe that she's only dropping a HC track.

^Both "ROL" and "Hung Up" are huge crowd pleasers, the latter is one of her biggest European hits, so no way she's gonna drop that from an EU tour.

Yeah, I wasn't thinking about the fact that this tour is only in Europe... I was just thinking more about this arrangement. I love "Hung Up" and I know it was a huge hit outside of the U.S. (and I don't think it was completely ineffectual in the U.S. -- I think Stuart is respected by a lot of audiophiles -- I mean, Pitchfork liked "Hung Up" for goodness sake)... I just think the rock arrangement of the song doesn't do it justice. But I can see your point...

Guest Danny86

Anna's signature now is "ce ce celebrate!" so unless the Old School segment is revamped so "Heartbeat" can be dropped, I guess we're gonna have another tour that has "Holiday" as the last song... :sour:

Anna's signature now is "ce ce celebrate!" so unless the Old School segment is revamped so "Heartbeat" can be dropped, I guess we're gonna have another tour that has "Holiday" as the last song... :sour:

And I'm happy about it. :thumbsup:

Guest Danny86
And I'm happy about it. :thumbsup:

Not me. Don't know whose fault it is that "Holiday" is becoming Madonna's "Purple Rain"! :thumbsdown:

Not me. Don't know whose fault it is that "Holiday" is becoming Madonna's "Purple Rain"! :thumbsdown:

It's an happy song.I wasn't very happy with GI2M as the closing song.

Holiday is a Madonna's classic live since day one, I dont' get why you are so surprised.

I actually don't get the love for ROL on this tour.It as just bad.

The rock version of Hung Up is self indulgent and dreadful. The orginal arrangement was perfect as it was. That's the everyone brought and fell in love with.

If she has any sense she will revert back to the orginal version. On paper the rave section should be fabulous, live it fell flat. 4 Mins was weak and HU and ROL

have too much guitar.

I really want Who's that Girl as well, would be an awesome choice!! I hope M includes it and either a new track or Dress you Up! Can't wait for July 4th, i'm in block C5 :)

Plan is for the S&S DVD still to be from Argentina, correct? Long as "Borderline" is on the DVD, she can replace itwith somethign else for this second leg.

"Holiday" is Madonna's "Piano Man," too. :) Though she hasn't performed it inthe last two tours, Billy Joel and Prince probably would not do a tour without doing their two songs.