The new song on the tour - any guesses?

jonski43

I'm serious. Compared to other artists, her performances aren't so engaging, more theatrical pieces. Prince blew the O2 out of the water throughout the whole show. With Madonna, I sometimes find myself distracted by all that is going on and stage and screen and not really fully engaged with the song.

I'm serious. Compared to other artists, her performances aren't so engaging, more theatrical pieces. Prince blew the O2 out of the water throughout the whole show. With Madonna, I sometimes find myself distracted by all that is going on and stage and screen and not really fully engaged with the song.

I see I'm not the only one that feels this way. DWT IMO was the last tour that I found the audience can really concentrate on Madonna and the music. Since RIT all the focus seems to be on those huge backdrop screens that hide Madonna on the stage. Maybe it's time she find a new tour director cause it seems that Jamie King keeps doing same thing for all of the performers he works with. ie Brittney, Spice Girls reunion.

The remixes on the Confessions Tour worked really well for both Music Inferno and Erotica. It's great she attempts to remix old songs but I suppose some won't work as well as she had hoped. ITG is ok but I think partly doesn't work as the performance just isn't that great. Like Music on S&S it's taken an iconic track and turned it into a filler track. These are the tracks where she should be getting the crowd involved. Instead, she just tits about in a pair of stupid sunglasses trying to look 15.

I get that what you're saying isn't supposed to be a compliment, but consider the fact that Madonna *can* take a #1 hit song and use it, as you say, as a 'filler' track. I don't agree with your assessment of "Music" on S+S as filler, though -- it's the closer for that section. And I actually think the choreography is great for that number. Yeah, the remix used isn't THE best remix of "Music" ever. But it's hard to top it -- she's done it on every tour since it came out (DWT, RIT, CT, and now S+ST), so it's bound to be losing some momentum just from overexposure. And since she used it as a one-two punch closer for both DWT and RIT, yeah, it's really hard to top. (Although CT did a great job, making it such a centerpiece -- but considering it was also a mash-up, it gained some new, fresh energy from the fact that much of the original instrumentation was replaced with "Disco Inferno" musical elements.)

All I'm trying to say is, only Madonna can throw in a HUGE song from her catalogue and treat it like it's just one other number, it's not the big finale. And she's also pretty amazing at taking really big hits and remixing them so that they're so new and it's hard for them to ride on the coattails of the original version -- and yet they still soar (CT's "Music Inferno" and "Erotica/You Thrill Me"). AND, on top of those two major abilities, she can also toss in a random song that's not very well-known or was just a 'filler' on the album (non-single material) and truly ELECTRIFY the audience. (Think "Impressive Instant" on DWT, or "Future Lovers" on CT -- or, heck, even "Candy Shop" on S+ST. There are more -- and better -- examples, just throwing out a few.) Point is, Madonna is a performing artist of a high calibre. And she pulls off some pretty amazing feats. Take a track like "Sky Fits Heaven," unknown to most but the truly devoted fans -- and, oh yeah, let's fly while we sing it. And throw in some martial arts combat. Why not?

Sometimes theatre isn't as directly engaging as others. But just because an actor doesn't speak to YOU directly, by name, that doesn't mean they're not speaking TO you, to your heart. In theatre, many times, that 'fourth wall' isn't broken until the curtain call. Sometimes I feel like Madonna treats her shows that way, even though she'll start talking to the audience mid-way through.

I see I'm not the only one that feels this way. DWT IMO was the last tour that I found the audience can really concentrate on Madonna and the music. Since RIT all the focus seems to be on those huge backdrop screens that hide Madonna on the stage. Maybe it's time she find a new tour director cause it seems that Jamie King keeps doing same thing for all of the performers he works with. ie Brittney, Spice Girls reunion.

It's really the other way around.DWT was her most "fuck the audience" show ever.She wasn't connecting with us at all and she was just doing her thing like a robot.Don't get me wrong I adore it, but really it wasn't a real concert but a SHOW.

Since RIT she started connecting with the audience again

It's really the other way around.DWT was her most "fuck the audience" show ever.She wasn't connecting with us at all and she was just doing her thing like a robot.Don't get me wrong I adore it, but really it wasn't a real concert but a SHOW.

From RIT she started connecting with the audience again

Right... I kind of agree. I mean, I love LOVE DWT, too -- it was my first Madonna concert (and really my first concert ever, too) -- so I will always remember it fondly. And it is a great show -- but so much of it really is very dramatic and theatrical. So it was less interactive, more presentational. That's what I meant above about her not breaking the 'fourth wall.' She even does that to some extent in the subsequent tours -- it's just that she eventually lets down her guard a bit more toward the end.

The most interaction was during "The Funny Song" which was not funny, decidedly. She just made us lose our voices screaming for her to sing it. That worked much better on, say, RIT Holiday and CT Hung Up for audience participation. (Although, by that point, it's impossible to sing along on key. You're just shouting -- and your voice is practically gone, anyway.)

Guest jordywind

i really hated the look feel etc of Drowned world tour, just bored me, whereas Reinventions was a welcome return to some sort of true madonna entertainment and then confessions WOW thats was fabulous but my favorite tour has gotta be Sticky and sweet, seeing it again july 4th :thumbsup:

Guest dicktracy
i really hated the look feel etc of Drowned world tour, just bored me, whereas Reinventions was a welcome return to some sort of true madonna entertainment and then confessions WOW thats was fabulous but my favorite tour has gotta be Sticky and sweet, seeing it again july 4th :thumbsup:

DWT was self-gratifying and pretentious. Some people think that it makes it more "artistic." I tend to think that great art doesn't have to sacrifice approachability to be striking. But art in the end is whatever one claims it to be...

DWT was self-gratifying and pretentious.

This Time around

I think the S&S Tour was ALL About the Fans.

She Did her best to improve the show All-Around (Harder Dancing, Tighter Body, Etc..)

I Thought Vogue in the RIT tour would NEVER be Topped...

PD4907584@MadonnaMadonna-Reinve-6580.jpg

Until she unveiled those thighs!!!

madonna_sticky_sweet_body.jpg:dramatic::dramatic: