The new song on the tour - any guesses?

jonski43

Guest Danny86

anna_henstridge from MFanzine:

there are some definitive changes on tour. a new 'hard candy' track is out will be replaced by a classic one!

I really hope it's Get Stupid replaced with another video... Otherwise it's either "Spanish Lesson" or "Miles Away" replaced by "Open Your Heart" that was rehearsed for that segment last year already.

anna_henstridge from MFanzine:

there are some definitive changes on tour. a new 'hard candy' track is out will be replaced by a classic one!

I really hope it's Get Stupid replaced with another video... Otherwise it's either "Spanish Lesson" or "Miles Away" replaced by "Open Your Heart" that was rehearsed for that segment last year already.

DYU

Guest Danny86

I don't think "Dress You Up" was rehearsed for this tour, but they do have an acoustic "Open Your Heart" that can replace anything in the Gypsy section.

Anyway, I'm not sure how reliable this info is, considering Madonna didn't start rehearsing yet, did she? It's very possible that the new track doesn't work when done live or something.

From Madonna.com new section Sidewalk talk

April 16, 2009

Who's That Girl?

Some sources say that Madonna is to add a reworked version of her 1987 hit 'Who's That Girl' to this summer's 'Sticky & Sweet' setlist. While 'The Look Of Love' was considered as another option, 'Who's That Girl', which she has not performed live since her 1987 world tour, may have won the game. Let's wait and see!

Guest Danny86

Oh dear, are they reading fan suggestions now? It's obvious many wanted "Spanish Lesson" to go and "WTG" has always been requested... Why don't we just send in our dream setlists like MJ does? :thumbsdown:

April 16, 2009

Who's That Girl?

Some sources say that Madonna is to add a reworked version of her 1987 hit 'Who's That Girl' to this summer's 'Sticky & Sweet' setlist. While 'The Look Of Love' was considered as another option, 'Who's That Girl', which she has not performed live since her 1987 world tour, may have won the game. Let's wait and see!

OMG OMG I love MAdonna!!! Thats what I requested in L.A. and she told me: I dont think so ahahahahhahaha Love her!

April 16, 2009

Who's That Girl?

:dramatic:

*dies*

If it were to be WTG in that segment, it probably wouldn't be a rock version.

I don't recall hearing anything aout an acoustic OYH that was rehearsed- did someone official confirm that?

Guest Danny86
I don't recall hearing anything aout an acoustic OYH that was rehearsed- did someone official confirm that?

Madonna Tribe said it was in the place of "Doli Doli".

I hope she changes Dolidoli-spanish lessons for a classic (I prefer her to change SL, DD is like a video interlude for me) and adds more of her own rain to Here comes the rain again...and, well is she going to kkep the Get stupiid video? and now that we all know the Britney video, is she going gto keep it? this is exciting!!!

I wonder if this is just some spin. Why would they say it was a Madonna 'classic' and then say "The Look of Love" which had a limited release and didn't do very well. I love this song but it doesn't add up.

As for Who's That Girl - it will be interesting to see it done but I am not expecting a highlight.

Let's not get too excited kids she may have totally reworked WTG into a god awful rock version. If however its in ORGINAL form it wil FABULOUS!

Exactly! Got so excited for Borderline and when I heard it on youtube vids, I was let down. One segment of the tour that I will definitely skip over on the DVD. WTG would be great if reinvented but sounds recognizable, ie express yourself, itg, papa don't preach on the 2004 rit.

Guest Danny86

Anna from Fanzine:

someone mentioned reports about some accoustic 'open your heart' version that was set to be numbered instead of the doli song during early considerations. that couldn't be more off base. 'open your heart' had gone through a mix by the neptunes and was supposed to be a backdrop video much like 'get stupid' that replaced it eventually. 'the power of goodbye' was replaced by 'you must love me'.. fyi

This is weird, because MTribe was very accurate with the whole setlist (they even revealed "Impressive Instant"). Moreover, I remember Chicagotranny being dead sure about "The Power Of Good-Bye" being in the first segment, when "Give It 2 Me" was the opener, so it's like everyone says different stuff...

I can't really see "Open Your Heart" set to the images of "Get Stupid".

EDIT:

aleks @ Fanzine

somebody has a crappy source so let me fill u all in on the real deal.... oyh was NEVER mixed for the tour... OYH made it far along on the set list where there's an early backdrop video (only 1 real edit exist and the track contained is the album version) WHICH I'VE SEEN and all it was was some kind of footage from an old movie but it didn't make it as far as being mixed for the tour. No get stupid-esque edit was ever planned. There's also a couple versions of the impressive instant/burning up backdrop, maybe that will pop up on the 2nd leg. Who's that girl will be on the setlist for the 2nd leg of the tour and I'm not just saying this because it's on her site.

2dvmv0g.png

2m2jmlt.png

:dramatic:

Exactly! Got so excited for Borderline and when I heard it on youtube vids, I was let down. One segment of the tour that I will definitely skip over on the DVD. WTG would be great if reinvented but sounds recognizable, ie express yourself, itg, papa don't preach on the 2004 rit.

If Stuart was directing S&S then Borderline would have been fantastic!!! Just Like Burning Up (RIT), Papa Don't Preach(RIT), Lucky Star(CT), Erotica(CT), , EY(RIT), Deeper & Deeper, (RIT)!

I really don't know what to think! Her interpretation of classics is so hit and miss now, I will just wait and see what she does with it although I am expecting just an acoustic version in the Spanish bit.

I really enjoy "Borderline" on S&S (at least from the videos I've seen). She looks like she's enjoying it (even moreso than when she stood there and played guitar on BU and MG).

WTG would be a nice blast from the past.

If Stuart was directing S&S then Borderline would have been fantastic!!! Just Like Burning Up (RIT), Papa Don't Preach(RIT), Lucky Star(CT), Erotica(CT), , EY(RIT), Deeper & Deeper, (RIT)!

I don't care for her music director on this tour. I really only like the mix of Vogue and I'm scared to think what WTG will sound like on this tour. Probably a heavy metal, ska mix with a sample of Candy Shop and la isla pela tute for the hundredth time. :scared:

I really don't know what to think! Her interpretation of classics is so hit and miss now, I will just wait and see what she does with it although I am expecting just an acoustic version in the Spanish bit.

Me neither. I found the S&S ITG to be somewhat weak and boring compared to past performances of the song and Music. At this point the prospect of WTG being on the second leg imo isn't exciting. Like I said in previous posts, the S&S Tour is my least favorite tour but fun to discuss.

Guest Danny86
Like I said in previous posts, the S&S Tour is my least favorite tour but fun to discuss.

You don't say. I wouldn't have guessed it from your endless rants on this show.

Guest Danny86

I missed out this Anna quote:

one classic instead of one 'hard candy' track and that is it. spanish lessons is still there.

Then my bet is either "Get Stupid" or "Miles Away" - the tour starts in the UK so they might want to make everyone forget its flop chart performance. Can't see any of the other tracks being removed.

I missed out this Anna quote:

one classic instead of one 'hard candy' track and that is it. spanish lessons is still there.

Then my bet is either "Get Stupid" or "Miles Away"- the tour starts in the UK so they might want to make everyone forget its flop chart performance. Can't see any of the other tracks being removed.

True. And Miles Away is tied up with connotations of Guy etc. so it will probably be removed.