Madonna Tour 2009!

daizy1

posted on M Tribe

I work for Live Nation in London and i can tell you that dates for the European leg are currently being worked out for July and August this year. Australia and Japan dates will be organized later on this year for September.

Summary :

Europe - July & August 2009

Australia & Japan - September 2009

It will be around a 3 month tour.

Official announcement will be made soon...

Guest boytoyville

Too bad she isn't planning on coming back to the states. :( I guess it is good though for when she starts the tour after this next one. She will not have toured in the US again for awhile and there will be a lot of anticipatoin. I think it's very smart she decided to tour again this year because the production is basically put together so she can afford to tour with the current economic crisis going on. If she was to wait a year and then tour again with a new show they would make much less of a profit putting a whole new production together. Madonna is indeed a very smart buisness women and Live Natoin are extremely lucky to have her. It will also be double good as it will help to promote the greatest hits that is out. Live Nation is better off waiting to put out their debut Madonna CD for awhile as nobody is going to spend their extra money on a CD when nobody is buying them anyway right now. Better to wait until things are a little are a litte better in 2-3yrs than come out with the new Live Nation CD and a new production to tour and promote it. Sorry, just my rant of the day lol.

I cant translate it but the tour news is all over the media in Finland. I'd say there is a strong possibility the tour is happening.

Biggest national newspaper http://www.hs.fi/viihde/artikkeli/1135243049227

Biggest commercial TV network http://viihde.mtv3.fi/uutiset/musiikki.shtml/788108?madonna

Biggest tabloid http://www.iltasanomat.fi/viihde/uutinen.asp?id=1637851

Here is a question for iconers who get the presale. Can you purchase a ticket in any location you choose? Or does it have to be the same state or country kinda of a thing?

Here is a question for iconers who get the presale. Can you purchase a ticket in any location you choose? Or does it have to be the same state or country kinda of a thing?

I bought it on presale forn the Confessions tour, I bought it from Spain for paris...I think you can choose the place that you want.the only thing is that not all the venues are on sale the same day

This just seems so unlike Madonna. Whenever she was done with something she was always DONE with it and moved on without looking back. I mean I think it would be nice for other places to get a chance to see her, but at the same time I am selfish and want her to make another album and I dont want this to fuck with the release of the show on DVD and if this is true what freakin version of the show would we get, and would they release both versions with the change in the setlist and how much of the show would change in general? Fuck it. I HATE THIS IDEA!!! :tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

I cant translate it but the tour news is all over the media in Finland. I'd say there is a strong possibility the tour is happening.

Biggest national newspaper http://www.hs.fi/viihde/artikkeli/1135243049227

Biggest commercial TV network http://viihde.mtv3.fi/uutiset/musiikki.shtml/788108?madonna

Biggest tabloid http://www.iltasanomat.fi/viihde/uutinen.asp?id=1637851

Basically, these are saying the tour stop will be in August in Helsinki, Finland and it's all but confirmed. The concert will reportedly take place in the new district of Helsinki called Jätkäsaari. The Olympic Stadium was the expected choice, however since the Womens Football tournament is taking place there in mid-August, the promoters supposedly chose a different venue. Jätkäsaari can hold up to 80,000 concert-goers.

If it is true, I think it is great. She has never visited this country and even though it isn't a huge territory for sales, they routinely send her albums to #1.

well, the farewell was 3 years. :rotfl:

i dont know if i really believe this. do you guys?

well, i am starting to... wow, Cher had a three year break with the farewell tour? i am asking for the breaks in between... I mean, does Billboard have a restriction as to the name of the concert tour or the breaks in-between for it to be counted as one gross for one tour?

Madonna might perform at Usce

Author: A. N. | Foto: AFP | 27.01.2009 - 08:30

Foreign music sites have been swamped with unofficial information that Madonna might continue her “Sticky & Sweet” tour in summer, within which she will most probably perform in Belgrade on the 26th of August at Usce.

According to unofficial information, several domestic promoters have been negotiating about the possible arrival of the pop-queen in Serbia, while literally all Madonna’s fan sites have confirmed her concerts in summer (July and August) in Milan, Marseille, London and Belgrade. Namely, Madonna wants to continue her very successful “Sticky & Sweet” tour in order to visit the cities where she hadn’t performed last year. However, it shouldn’t been taken for granted, since the continuation of her tour hasn’t even been officially confirmed so far. It should also be taken into account that Madonna doesn’t usually continue already finished tours. It is also a well-know fact that she doesn’t have many-year tours with 100-200 concerts like her colleagues, such as the bands U2 or “The Rolling Stones”.

To remind the readers, Madonna started her “Sticky & Sweet” tour on the 23rd of August in 2008 in Cardiff and finished it on the 21st August in Sao Paulo. She performed on the 25th of September last year at Jaz Beach near Budva and delighted about 40,000 visitors. At first it was announced that she would have a concert in Belgrade, but after much speculation, the capital of Serbia didn’t have a chance to organize the concert, since Budva offered more money. If we don’t take into account the bad organization and crowd after the concert at Jaz Beach, Madonna’s concert was excellent and the singer proved to have been in top form even at the age of 50.

posted on Madonnalicious forum

According to reports by Finnish tv channel MTV3 Madonna seems to be confirmed for a show in Helsinki, Finland.

Jätkäsaari, the rumoured venue, is a former dock area in the city with a capacity up to 80,000 people that would be used to organize a live event for the first time. If this materializes, it will be the biggest concert ever in Finland. MTV3 reports that an official confirmation is expected in a few days

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest salykato

Madonna in France !

I'm gonna see her in Marseille, in the Velodrome stadium. I'm so exciting. I've got 2 tickets.

First I bought 2 tickets for her Paris show in Bercy.

But I moved to Marseille 2 months after.

Anyway.

Show in marseille is on july 19th. Still 2 months. I can't wait.

By the way, i still have my tockets for paris show.

If somemone is interested in to buy contact me by private message.