The Official UK Charts Thread

Guest Hafo

can someone post the updated UK iTunes popularity bar? For future reference, do you have to be a member of iTunes to see that feature?? I get access to the worldwide charts but dunno how to get access to the popularity bar.

Click the Top Songs link in the iTunes store, that will lead you to the chart which is gray and white, then click the right button of your mouse and a menu will appear then just choose "popularity".

^ it shows how each song is doing in terms of sales (just dunno if its minute by minute, by the hour etc...). Anyways, I still couldn't find it lol. If anyone has a way to post it...or a link, so I could check it whenever, that would be appreciated. thx :)

Guest Danny86
True, though, that this is miles off past third singles' performances.

Once again, that's because of the nature of the chart now. When her previous 3 singles were released, most artists debuted high and then started falling, that's why Madonna always found a place in the Top 10 and then vanished afterwards. Nowadays because of iTunes, tracks keep selling for weeks, most of the Top 10 can remain unchanged for a while, and a 3rd single that was available for download since April cannot compete.

If "WIFLFAG" or "Love Profusion" were released today, they wouldn't have done much better than "MA".

Thats what happens when you do big promotion, tv specials, tour the UK extensively and make videos. Apart from 2 shows in Cardiff, I show

in Manchester and 1 in Leeds in 1987 Madonna only every plays London. Pretty piss poor for her 2nd largest market.

Ooh sorry I forgot the appalling Maidstone gig. Would it hurt her to play either Birmingham, Glasgow, , Liverpool or Newcastle?

She needs to go away for a couple of years, the UK is tiring of her.

:clap:

She really does think she's above having to promote.

in Spain Confessions was like 2 platinums or 3, HC only gold.In the Us it sold one million less than COADF.I don´t know anything about the other markets you mention

Yes, you're right, but we must not forget that in Spain the CD sales are now disastrous, big acts that three years ago sold 5-6 platinums are now struggling to get 1-2 platinums and they have successful albums and singles. For example, Coldplay's album has been a big success and it's also gold in Spain.

And we must not forget that Give it 2 me and Miles Away were not sent to radio. Los40 never played them. I think that it's been a miracle that the album has lasted in the top 100 for so long.

Edited by MForever

:clap:

She really does think she's above having to promote.

She's LAZY. She promoted CODAF like crazy because she was terrified of a 2nd FLOP album.

She thinks her albums will sell on the back of her name and she only has to play 1 or 2 major

cities in every country apart from the US when she is on tour. She really needs a reality check.

It will be interesting to see how things work with Live Nation.

I'm so scared that Madonna is a free artist without label advice right now...We all know that Live Nation isn't a music label.

Do you remember that Madonna wanted Candy Shop as first single but Warner said 4 Minutes? Well, Hard Candy flopped aswell but she had a hit with 4 Minutes...

She will only have opinions from her USA friends about new music (Ingrid, A-Rod, Rosie,... :scared: ) since next album.

i would imagine that the reason the album is in the top selling albums released this year is due to the fact that, whilst it may have 'underperformed' across the globe, it has sold average quantities everywhere. i mean, how many other artists can boast of having an album going gold or platinum in pretty much every market worldwide? answer: not many!

Midweeks - Dec 9

Apparently Leona was deleted from iTunes yesterday and Kings of Leon have zoomed to #1! :D

"The Run version that was #1 was deleted because the whole album was deleted. It's now been re-added with the all the videos now included and Run can be downloaded from that. It'll probably fly right back up to #1 by tomorrow."

A surprise topper for the midweeks?

Sadly not:

Singles

01 Leona Lewis

02 Britney Spears

03 Take That

04 Kings Of Leon

05 Sir Terry Wogan >>> can't believe he left Eurovision! Have to endure Graham bleedin' Norton from now on :americanlife:

Top 10

Akon

Top 15

Mariah Carey

The Pogues

Top 20

Rihanna

Top 30

James Morrison

Boyzone

Wham

Beyonce - Singles Ladies

Britney Spears - Circus

Top 40

Wizzard

Take That - RTW

Status Quo

Albums

01 Take That

02 Killers

03 Leona Lewis

04 Kings Of Leon

05 II Divo

Top 10

Stereophonics

Girls Aloud

Top 15

Britney Spears

Seal

N-Dubz

Top 20

Script

Snow Patrol

Top 30

Oasis

Men Aloud

Rihanna

Dido

Bette Midler

Top 40

Ne'Yo

Thanks! Would you have MA's total sales by any chance?

I've only got this week's sales so far I'm afraid...I don't have last week's recap. Anyway, so far, this week, it's sold a grand total of 457 copies.

MA - 137 (down from 68) - oh and 55 copies of the 12" (which I guess is the picture disk).

No other appearances for her in the top 200 of either chart.

I've only got this week's sales so far I'm afraid...I don't have last week's recap. Anyway, so far, this week, it's sold a grand total of 457 copies.

:lmao::blink::wow:

Yes, you're right, but we must not forget that in Spain the CD sales are now disastrous, big acts that three years ago sold 5-6 platinums are now struggling to get 1-2 platinums and they have successful albums and singles. For example, Coldplay's album has been a big success and it's also gold in Spain.

And we must not forget that Give it 2 me and Miles Away were not sent to radio. Los40 never played them. I think that it's been a miracle that the album has lasted in the top 100 for so long.

Coldplay is still charting, it will get platinum eventually.

I know that Spanish people dont particulatly like the sound of HC. Confessions was really very successful, it has sold 220 000 vs 41 000, i think the numbers say it all.

Why should los40 play Miles Away anyway? it doesnt have video and hasnt even been released as a single

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Miles Away from gold status :lol:

Coldplay is still charting, it will get platinum eventually.

I know that Spanish people dont particulatly like the sound of HC. Confessions was really very successful, it has sold 220 000 vs 41 000, i think the numbers say it all.

Why should los40 play Miles Away anyway? it doesnt have video and hasnt even been released as a single

I think people in spain are not into timbaland´s sound.In fact, I tyhink only Eminem MC hammer and Vanilla Ice have had succesful albums ( :electropop: ).in that kind of music .It´s not very spanish friendly!!! the only song i can say it´s a hit in spain, apart of 4 minutes and Give it 2 me, is Apologize...

COADF was nt promoted like crazy was it? just a little here and there.

She's LAZY. She promoted CODAF like crazy because she was terrified of a 2nd FLOP album.

She thinks her albums will sell on the back of her name and she only has to play 1 or 2 major

cities in every country apart from the US when she is on tour. She really needs a reality check.

It will be interesting to see how things work with Live Nation.

Guest Danny86
yes it was!!! she was everywhere!

No she wasn't, she didn't even visit the US. It's just that the promo kicked off with an award show performance and that got a lot of press and fans felt she was everywhere. Then she did 1 performance on German & French tv, 2 on UK tv and had those club gigs. That's more than AL or HC promo but still far from the ROL promo for example. She never did HUGE promo for any of her albums, it's always the singles and videos that did the thing. Warner probably got used to that and to Madonna leaving them anyway.

And is that lazy talk necessary in a chart thread anyway? I didn't know the laziness of the artist was measured by the promo her label pays for...

She was everywhere, at least in Spain. Promo is not going to TV shows only. She was in the cover of every magazine and Movistar made an enormous campaign during the first weeks after releasing COADF. I remember that all the bus stops had an enormous add with the album cover in Madrid. It was impossible not to know that she had an album out there. And Los40, the biggest radio in Spain, fully supported her and Hung up was #1 there for 6 weeks, and they only play the songs that record labels pay for. For this album, Warner Spain did a very good job.

Guest Danny86

^None of that has anything to do with Madonna, that's just the label investing in promo. They wanted COADF to be more successful than AL and capitalize on the year-end sales. With HC they probably didn't invest anything because Madonna already had a new contract with someone else. Nothing to do with her being "lazy".