"Give It 2 Me" on the Billboard charts

sniper

Guest socalboy1984

these posts are so negative and obsessive. chill out. madonna's doing great and will continue to do so.

Guest robingr

Could be a top ten. Unfortunately a brilliant song became rather mediocre with the out of place "get stupid!" part. Fortunately, it's kicked out from the radio edit which is pure brilliance.

Guest marsha

57 is amazing. 4M is not over. 37k is very good sign for GITM's future on charts. wish the song will be send to radio in june, when the video is released (hope it's great), ans she'll do promo, Ellen, MTV Movie awards, Idol's final or whatever.

Does anyone know how much the Okenfold remix sold?

37k :lol:

Guest ercos

a premature hot shot debuts are not good but still...

Bye bye was a Hot100 hot shot debut at #22 due to sales but has slid down the chart as sales has gone down and airplay is just picking up...

Guest marsha
is it reallly going to fall out next week? :-/

yep. no video, no promo, not sent to radio... but it'll be right back.

Guest missy bi_tch
GI2M may have the first distinction of being the first HOT SHOT DEBUT in the HOT100 then falls out the next week...

I think there were other instances... like weeks where the hot shot is in the 80s-90s range and the following week, the song disappeared

yep it fell off the hot 100...

it was good while it lasted..., poof

I will NEVER understand why Madonna's camp INSIST on waiting sooo looong between single releases. I look at Gwen Stefani & Fergie, they had singles one after the other. It's frustrating being so devoted to Madonna :headbang:

Guest beachboi-69

This single is the true test to radio.. Madonna will continue to have Top 10 singles over and over. She produces great music.

When it comes to this particular single... Outside of fans.. this is easy the single she should be releasing. It's a club smash, the vocals and lyrics are great.

I have a hard time understanding why people have bitched about this song being released?....

This track is commerical enough that someone 50 could even like it!... All the reviews have said this .. Personally I listen to my friends and family and they think this is the shit!

It's very easy to think something could be denied ... at US Rado.. but if there was ever a chance in the past 7 years to be back on radio this is it.

This track has pulled way more positives with my friends and family then HUNG UP

Edited by beachboi-69

Guest beachboi-69

btw.. you might hate me for this... but "Candy Shop" is single material!

Edited by beachboi-69

btw.. you might hate me for this... but "Candy Shop" is single material!

You are right and Candy Shop isn't single material, it's embarrassing, that's what it is. :angel:

Guest beachboi-69
don't worry beachboi-69, these peeps are the ones that don't know what is VERY commercial...

Thanx babes.

I know Y100 is going to give the single a push..

yes Y100 based in Miami is pretty pro Madonna. Also from their playlists I see, they more than other stations tend to actually play a few NON hip slop, r*b songs. Meaning they go outside of the typical radio friendly box and play some club/dance songs. GI2Me really does have a good shot on a big station like Y100

Guest beachboi-69
GI2M is featured on the Season Finale of UGLY BETTY and its advertising.

I am very excited about GI2M.. but 4 minutes has not burnt out yet.

I think GI2M.. is a single non-Madonna fans could like just like 4 Minutes.

The best part of the track to me.. is "Give Me Record and I'll break it"... Pharrels backing vocals with Madonna's are over the top!

HAWT!

Edited by beachboi-69

Guest beachboi-69
You are right and Candy Shop isn't single material, it's embarrassing, that's what it is. :angel:

eek!

:)

I don't think it should be a single though.. but it's not embarrassing.

If Madonna was a nobody it would be looked at differently... Weak point "Hungry" ...cringe worthy

just like the weak point in Heartbeat .... "the only one...that the light shines On" ouch perfect single with a horrible hook. It would have been nice to have the beautiful bold vocals she has on give it 2 Me.

Guest missy bi_tch
GI2M may have the first distinction of being the first HOT SHOT DEBUT in the HOT100 then falls out the next week...

Wasn't Carrie Underwood's Praying for Time a Hot Shot Debut at #27? Did it fall off the chart the following week?

Wasn't Carrie Underwood's Praying for Time a Hot Shot Debut at #27? Did it fall off the chart the following week?

don't know... but most probably i hanged on for an additional week because it was still high in iTunes in its 2nd week