"4 Minutes" on the Billboard Charts

thebigham

Guest Bad Robot
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

There are literally like 6 stations on this list.

Songs fly up and down all the time.

Besides, it's not even really a dance track. When some remixes are available it may do better.

Besides, it's not even really a dance track. When some remixes are available it may do better.

Speaking of the remixes, where are they? Madonna's first singles almost always appear on the Club Play chart first - sometimes weeks before the actual release. Have remixes been serviced to clubs yet at all? I haven't heard the Junkie XL remix or anything else like that in Seattle yet - but some hiphop clubs are playing the album version (to much crowd pleasing).

Guest Bad Robot

Actually I would say the opposite, Nightshade -- first singles appear on the club play chart a few weeks AFTER their initial release to radio. AL was 3 weeks after the radio release and Music was 2 weeks after. Hung Up was one week before, but if I recall correctly that's because the SDP remix had been out for a little while before the radio version became available.

The Club Play chart is about 2 weeks behind everything else, as it's compiled by DJ reports.

Billboard Chart Beat

April 03, 2008

Fred Bronson

'BODY' WORKS; 'MINUTES' ADDS UP: Elvis Presley has had a lot of great chart weeks over the last 52 years, but this wasn't one of them. Mariah Carey surpasses the King this week as the individual artist with the most No. 1 songs on the pop singles chart in the rock era and Madonna bests Elvis to become the artist with the most top 10 hits in the rock era.

Carey's "Touch My Body" (Island) races 15-1 to become her 18th No. 1 on the Hot 100. Her run of chart-toppers started with her very first chart entry, "Vision of Love," in 1990. It has taken Carey 17 years, eight months and one week to amass 18 No. 1 hits, a total that moves her out of a tie with Presley for second place among all artists with the most No. 1s. Only the Beatles, with 20, have more.

Elvis collected his 17th No. 1 in November 1969 when "Suspicious Minds" became the final Hot 100 chart-topper of his career. "Touch My Body" is Carey's first No. 1 in two years, three months and one week, since "Don't Forget About Us" topped the Hot 100. This is Carey's 78th week at No. 1, which means she will tie another Presley record if "Touch My Body" is still in the penthouse next week. Presley accumulated 79 weeks at No. 1 with his 17 chart-topping titles. That's the record for the highest total of weeks spent in pole position in the rock era.

Until this week, Presley and Madonna were tied with 36 top 10 hits in the rock era, the highest total for any artist. The 68-3 rocket ride of "4 Minutes" (Warner Bros.) gives Madonna her 37th top 10 hit, putting her in first place all by herself. "4 Minutes" is already Madonna's biggest hit in almost eight years, since "Music" spent four weeks at No. 1, starting the week of Sept. 16, 2000.

Elvis picked up his 36th top 10 hit the week of Sept. 30, 1972, when "Burning Love" advanced 18-9, on its way to No. 2.

Back to "4 Minutes" for a minute, the song is the ninth top 10 hit for Justin Timberlake as a solo artist, and his highest-charted tune since "Give It to Me" (on which he and Nelly Furtado were featured with lead artist Timbaland) was No. 1 a year ago this month. If "4 Minutes" goes to No. 1, it will be the 13th chart-topper for Madonna and the fifth for Timberlake.

Brisy, ITG was No. 1 for 6 weeks on Variety's SIngles Sales chart; it peaked at No. 6 on Radio & Records. It would have been a top 3 at the very least.

4M also debuts on Adult Top 40 this week at No. 39*.

Brisy, ITG was No. 1 for 6 weeks on Variety's SIngles Sales chart; it peaked at No. 6 on Radio & Records. It would have been a top 3 at the very least.

4M also debuts on Adult Top 40 this week at No. 39*.

Or that... thanks for correcting me :thumbsup:

Great news that 4M it's at Adult TOP 40 :D

Guest ercos
Isn't it great that we are about to witness back to back weeks of MADONNA in the TOP 3 of Billboard HOT100?

That didn't happen since MUSIC...

i sure hope so...

wats ur predcition? will FM jump to #2 or remain at #3?

wats ur predcition? will FM jump to #2 or remain at #3?

i'd say #2 at least... and her only competition is MARIAH for the #1 spot...

this is the best week to do it, to become #1 in the HOT100...

a slight bump in USHER's download sales can send him back to #1, we don't know what his video debut on APRIL 7 can do... and next week is also LEONA week... then after next week is MARIAH week... so that's another 2 weeks, we are not sure if the sales momentum will still be maintained for another 2 weeks...

Do we not have any idea, as in can we say for certain that it won't be #1?

No... we can't say nothing at this stage... everything is still possible...

Guest Qbanito21

:nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

OMG IMA HAVE A HEART ATTACK ALREADY I CANT TAKE IT MUCH LONGER!!!

GOIN TO BED TO WAKE UP EARLY TOMORROW! ITS THAT SERIOUS!!!

it's all about the sales, which come within Wednesday (Philippine time)... or within the next 12 hours for all of us net users...

all we have to know is the download figures to guess where will MADONNA end up this week...

it's all about the sales, which come within Wednesday (Philippine time)... or within the next 12 hours for all of us net users...

all we have to know is the download figures to guess where will MADONNA end up this week...

its already wednesday on us..cant wait...im really nervous...wats ur take on hot100?