White Heat

XXL

Love everything about this performance and the song in general. The 1949 James Cagney movie intro, the attire (that hat and shimmery golden jacket), the choreo, Shabba Doo, the theme, the Perry Mason tune at the end and her fabulous WTG voice in general. Plus of course the best concert crowd in the world.

:inlove:

live_cac.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

tumblr_mwmst3PguQ1shpsuao1_500.jpg

white_heat.jpg

It wasone of the stand out tracks when the album came out and there was talk of it being a single. Such an 80s track. I haven't listened to it in about twenty years! I must dig it out.

The bridge is everything

"Drop your weapon, you better come clean, I got you covered, I'll catch you when you fall to me. I'm not gonna hurt you cuz I'm not that kind, we not going nowhere till you have a change of mind."

Amazing!

The bridge is everything

"Drop your weapon, you better come clean, I got you covered, I'll catch you when you fall to me. I'm not gonna hurt you cuz I'm not that kind, we not going nowhere till you have a change of mind."

Amazing!

Yes! That's my favorite part of the song

White Heat is one of my all-time most played songs on my itunes. I just love it. Those up beat 80s songs never get old. I love that whole album so much for almost 3 decades. Unbelievable! Could easy be a single like Where's the party.

I know many fans don't like love makes the world ge round and Jimmy Jimmy, butthe TB album is flawless IMO.

She could have had more top 5 or even #1 singles off True Blue if she wanted to milk it a bit longer. It's by far her most commercial album and she was at the height of her success as a singles artist during this time.

• 3 months later...

White Heat is one of my all-time most played songs on my itunes. I just love it. Those up beat 80s songs never get old. I love that whole album so much for almost 3 decades. Unbelievable! Could easy be a single like Where's the party.

I know many fans don't like love makes the world ge round and Jimmy Jimmy, butthe TB album is flawless IMO.

* SIGNED *

I didn't know that White Heat was an all time favourite. Nobody talks about this track and it was the one i played most in my True Blue cassette back then!!!!

I recall i got so tired of dancing i had to lie on the bed. And i was incredibly happy when i learned more English and finally understood the lyrics. They are very difficult for those who know little english, they are full of sentences taken from films and slang and all that!

And yes, that bridge :inlove:

And what about HER VOICE?????? I think only in Express Yoursef she has used that register! I wonder if she still can use it, because nowadays the trend is to shout as much as possible, and Madonna should shout MORE!

I love love love this song, melody and lyirics and the way she translated it on stage, Perry Mason and all

In general I love her TB lyrics, her 1986 voice and the tour that followed

Her voice, energy and the customary fluidity of her show is unparallelled

Her vocal performance on WTG was superb

^

Drop your weapons, you'd better come clean

I've got you covered, I'll catch you when you fall to me

I'm not gonna hurt you, 'cause I'm not that kind

We're not goin' nowhere 'till you have a change of mind

:drama:

Sorry to rain on your parade, guys. This is my least favourite track on True Blue. Since I seldom skip songs on albums, most of the time I just wait to get through this.