Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Rate: Medellín


Rock
 Share

Rate: Medellín  

565 members have voted

  1. 1. Rate: Medellín



Recommended Posts

I’m just so overwhelmed as I stated earlier with build up and then finally the debut of the new song. We’ve read #soon for so long that we thought this day would never come. Everything feels different about this era. I think it really will be magic for a lack of a better word.  So many thoughts are running through my head perhaps I should take a pill 😉. I didn’t know where to post this I feel in a reflective mood. We should truly be grateful for Madonna. I can’t get my thoughts in order. ❤️❌

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for good. I like it. With less Maluma it would probably be excellent. It's so fun and the replay factor is THERE. I see myself listening to this much, much more than I did Living For Love. I really can't wait for the video! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Excellent. Beat is infectious, vocals are clean, it starts slow and builds to a crescendo. I can't help but move when I hear it. She sounds vulnerable and fresh (naked & alive). She sounds relaxed and not desperate for a hit, which is why it's going to be a hit. Maluma sounds great, best duet she's ever done. Just sent my 24-yr old sister the link and she replied "Ooo me encanta!! 💃🏾"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Eyeslikethedesert said:

Excellent. Beat is infectious, vocals are clean, it starts slow and builds to a crescendo. I can't help but move when I hear it. She sounds vulnerable and fresh (naked & alive). She sounds relaxed and not desperate for a hit, which is why it's going to be a hit. Maluma sounds great, best duet she's ever done. Just sent my 24-yr old sister the link and she replied "Ooo me encanta!! 💃🏾"

Exactly. It's different.current.and mature. I'm utterly obsessed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I voted excellent because the word good seemed too basic, but I would say it was a solid 8/10.

I like the vibe of the song, the relaxed groove, the lyrics and vocals, though I can't help but wonder what it might have sounded like without the autotune. It feels like a slight distraction and I'm not sure that it was absolutely necessary for the song.

I am definitely enjoying it more and more with repeated listens and at higher volume than when I first heard it on my phone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I rated it Good but it's getting better with every listen for sure.  Sounds even better with headphones.   It has a great summery chilled groove to it.  The only negative is a little too much auto-tune.  Her voice is gorgeous and doesn't need it but I appreciate it being used to achieve a certain sound/vibe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unfortunately i'm underwhelmed.  There are elements and parts that I like but then parts that drag (Maluma's verses don't do anything for me).  Now, when Madonna and Maluma sing together, I start to feel it again.  It does pick up mid-song but after listening to it all day, I don't think i'm going to have it in rotation much.  I LOVE the album covers, the name/theme and the everything else.  It's just not a go-to track for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like the music and what she is doing but curious as a lead single choice. l love lyrics and there is too much Spanish for me to connect to the song. Personally l was hoping for less populism and more meaning on the new album like the MET performance mood but Excited for the album still.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The song really picks up around the halfway mark. 

I think if the ‘let’s take a trip/ill be so good for you’ bits were more of a hook it’d be more instant with people, but instead it’s a grower and a really good grower. Those ‘let’s take a trip’ bits maybe feel a bit underwhelming at first because it feels like that’s where the chorus is supposed to be, and you don’t find out that that isn’t really the chorus in the conventional, structural sense until later in the song. 

And then the song reaches the sublime Spanish bridge between Madonna and Maluma and the song clicks much more. Really like how charming it is. Playful vocals, excellent production and a lot of hooks to get into (I even find the ‘bang bang’ bits at the end really catchy). On repeat listens I always find myself looking forward to the song’s halfway point and onwards, although I really like all of madonna’s verses too. It grows on you very fast indeed.

I really liked Living for Love actually and thought that was a grower too but this is way better to me. I’m excited and v positive for the album if this is what they’ve come up with for the lighter ‘commercial’ side of the project. 

8/10

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love Madonna and i live by the border in México and USA and even tough i like the song im sorry to say but NOBODY out of my gay and non gay friends  from México likes it ( no fans just GP ) ,  it seems they were waiting for more fuego and dancing vibes from a regeton artist like Maluma and from Madonnas old dance hits , it really sucks their reaction they are even making memes having fun of the song 💔 , just giving u guys the info from more of 10 people ive asked 😞 they either hate ir or say thats blah so so ish , im afraid more latin people are saying this,  please dont hate me im just passing the feedback from non Madonna fans straight and gay people so sad , GP wont listen to this several times  until its sticks to their head and since radio wont play her its just hard to make people like it by multiple repetitions since they are not fans , she and her team should know this by now : (  lets hope for miracles and magic everythingn its possible in the end 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
1 hour ago, Barbie said:

I voted for good. I like it. With less Maluma it would probably be excellent. It's so fun and the replay factor is THERE. I see myself listening to this much, much more than I did Living For Love. I really can't wait for the video! 

I'm all for MORE MADONNA, but listening to this song without Maluma, it falls short.  He actually offers something special to the song that doesn't work just with Madonna.  The thing we can keep in mind is that we know there are 17 more songs (including the "extras" and bonus tracks) which will feature Madonna. I know some of the tracks feature other artists, but there are plenty of tracks with mostly Madonna.   Though, I've always felt she has been able to bring the best out of her collaborators.

Something odd that I noticed, how is @Nessie able to vote twice, where one is "Horrible" and one is "bad" in this poll?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really don't care for the song at all. I don't mind the actual music itself. The bridge is by far the best part. Maluma I do not care for whatsoever and I find he's too dominating in the track. Furthermore, I only understand English, so I can't relate or understand. I'm hoping the album is great, and this is not a reflection of the overall music on it. I'm loving the Madame X visuals and concept. The promo is great, from what I saw the video will be outstanding. I'm just not head over heels about the song sadly. I'm glad a lot of people are loving it. I wish I was one of them. I've listened over a dozen times and I'm just not feeling it. I loved Living for Love, didn't care for 4 Minutes or Gimme All Your Love or American Life (the song) but I loved the albums. So I have a history not enjoying the lead single sometimes, but I've always loved the actual albums and most of the other songs, so I'm still optimistic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, p4_trulo said:

I love Madonna and i live by the border in México and USA and even tough i like the song im sorry to say but NOBODY out of my gay and non gay friends  from México likes it ( no fans just GP ) ,  it seems they were waiting for more fuego and dancing vibes from a regeton artist like Maluma and from Madonnas old dance hits , it really sucks their reaction they are even making memes having fun of the song 💔 , just giving u guys the info from more of 10 people ive asked 😞 they either hate ir or say thats blah so so ish , im afraid more latin people are saying this,  please dont hate me im just passing the feedback from non Madonna fans straight and gay people so sad , GP wont listen to this several times  until its sticks to their head and since radio wont play her its just hard to make people like it by multiple repetitions since they are not fans , she and her team should know this by now : (  lets hope for miracles and magic everythingn its possible in the end 

The very fact that you started with "I love Madonna" and the fact that you bolded NOBODY likes the song in your circle of gay an non gay friends says alot. Fucking please, been there done that 15 years on this board, you're a rather transparent troll. Bye Felicia.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, jtrover said:

I really don't care for the song at all. I don't mind the actual music itself. The bridge is by far the best part. Maluma I do not care for whatsoever and I find he's too dominating in the track. Furthermore, I only understand English, so I can't relate or understand. I'm hoping the album is great, and this is not a reflection of the overall music on it. I'm loving the Madame X visuals and concept. The promo is great, from what I saw the video will be outstanding. I'm just not head over heels about the song sadly. I'm glad a lot of people are loving it. I wish I was one of them. I've listened over a dozen times and I'm just not feeling it. I loved Living for Love, didn't care for 4 Minutes or Gimme All Your Love or American Life (the song) but I loved the albums. So I have a history not enjoying the lead single sometimes, but I've always loved the actual albums and most of the other songs, so I'm still optimistic. 

now THAT is a fair review of somebody that doesn't dig the song. Not stupidly dramatic and you kept it fair.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, peppermint said:

The very fact that you started with "I love Madonna" and the fact that you bolded NOBODY likes the song in your circle of gay an non gay friends says alot. Fucking please, been there done that 15 years on this board, you're a rather transparent troll. Bye Felicia.

Bitch ive spend thousands of dollars on plains , hotels and tickets for the tours Felicia my ass. im just saying the ugly truth , i do like the song its like a beautiful song for her fans and its a grower  , just dont expect regular GP play it like locos till they like it , fans and critics like it and a lot its just thats not enough to make it a hit you need GP and Youn people to like dont u think?  ,  i would upload the memes making fun of the song but they are in spanish and related with mexican singers too so u would not get it but they are making fun not praising the song , and as i said lets give it some.time maybe latin people will turn around and like it  and since its not that reggaeton it has more chances of white people to like it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, peppermint said:

I don't even know where to start with this quote. Anyways let's just stream along our seperate ways hun. I'm done.

Ill Keep steaming it trust me im a fan and i root for her ,  just sad of the reaction of latin people towards the song they would not be making memes if they loved it 😞 dont hate me because i report not so.good news to u guys , trust me my heart was sad when i heard the non fans peeps reaction (just like when i put LFL back then almost no reaction  , while they were jumping off their asses when i put unapoleg bitch without even knowing it was her thats why i dared to type that she  and her team should know by now just pick a bunch of kids from college and blast ur music before realising it if u are still interested in having hit if u not u keep doing it like she does lately )  , and yes we latinos and afroamericans shake way more the ass than regualr caucasian people lets hope that will help with the US market since its not that bouncy just a very lovely mid cool  tempo groovy  song 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am not going to lie, my first listen I was like "I am not sure about this." But it's a solid jam, the bridge is killer, and I like her very solitary voice in the beginning. I agree there is too much solo Maluma, but together they're good. Excellent summer song.

And I actually like the lyrics in the verses. And her "Ven conmigo, let's take a trip..." hook is vintage M.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Medellin is very addictive. Once I finish it, I have the strong desire to loop it over and over. I’m glad it’s getting received well by people. Good way to officially start the era.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is the thing about Medellín. Most people, when they hear a new song, anticipate a great chorus, a hook, that will give them an instant ear orgasm. Not the case here. Medellín is NOT a generic pop song. The actual chorus doesn’t appear until after the second verse. Which is very organic and original. So to explain it better, the “anatomy” of Medellín would be something like this: 

1. Intro

2. Verse one (Madonna) 

3. Verse two (Maluma) 

4. Pre-chorus (yes!! This is NOT the chorus) 

5. Verse three (Madonna) 

6. Verse four (Maluma) 

7. Pre-chorus 

8. Chorus (finally we get the chorus here and it’s NOT the bridge) 

9. Break

10. Verse five (Madonna) 

11. Pre-chorus 

12. Chorus 

13. Refrain 

14. Coda (outro) 

The pace of the song is slow enough for it to have that dark vibe, especially in Madonna’s verses, yet the beat and the production are so catchy that it deviates from dark into light pretty quick, with beachy, sunny kind of vibes. 

Madonna’s vocals are very suave, relaxed, natural and confident in the verses. Her lyrics are genuine and vulnerable. There is some autotune added to her vocals in the pre-choruses to give that synthetic, dance sound.

This song is nothing but absolute genius!! But it’s easy to understand why some people may not like it. It challenges people to think outside of the box musically. It’s not a generic pop song, not even reggaeton. This is Madonna’s bald new take on Latin music! Cha cha cha bitches! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...