MadonnaNation.com Forums
Hector

Trump / US politics thread đźš˝

Trump Terminated All Members Of HIV/AIDS Council Without Explanation
The remaining 16 members of the Presidential Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS were fired on Wednesday.

By Jenna Amatulli
12/29/2017 11:47 am ET  | Updated 9 hours ago 

The White House has fired the members of the Presidential Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS (PACHA), the council’s executive director, Kay Hayes, confirmed to HuffPost on Friday.

The council, which still had 16 members, was completely dismissed with a letter sent through FedEx on Wednesday, the Washington Blade first reported.

“Current members of Presidential Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS (PACHA) received a letter informing them that the Administration was terminating their appointments” on Dec. 27, 2017, Hayes told HuffPost in a statement sent via email.

“They were also thanked for their leadership, dedication and commitment to the effort. Changing the makeup of federal advisory committee members is a common occurrence during Administration changes,” the statement read.

Six members of the council had earlier resigned in June due to “a president who simply does not care,” according to one member in a Newsweek op-ed entitled “Trump doesn’t care about HIV. We’re outta here.”

One source with knowledge of PACHA told the Washington Blade that “many council members were terminated even though additional time remained on their terms as advisers.”

PACHA is a federal advisory committee created in 1995 with the goal of “providing information, advice, and recommendations to the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services regarding programs, policies, and research to promote effective treatment, prevention, and cure of HIV disease and AIDS.”

As of September, President Donald Trump signed an executive order renewing PACHA for an additional year so the move to fire the current council without explanation seems brash. One of those members ― Gabriel Maldonado, CEO of the Riverside, Calif.-based LGBT and HIV/AIDS group Truevolution ― told the Washington Blade, however, that “it is common for appointees to be terminated and for folks to kind of want their own people in.”

“I think where the discrepancy comes in is why a year later, No. 1? Two, many of us, our terms were over earlier this year and we were sworn back in, and three were stayed on nearly four months after an executive order was signed continuing the council,” he said.

Also of note, during the Obama administration, nearly all of George W. Bush’s appointees were eliminated prior to new appointees being named.

The current administration has not appointed a director of the Office of National AIDS Policy, a major reason contributing to the June resignation of the six members of PACHA. Additionally, the ONE Campaign released a report earlier this year on the potential impact of the White House’s proposed $800 million cut to HIV/AIDS efforts. The cut would slash the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief by 17 percent and gut global health programs by $2 billion, according to CBS News. The impact would be so great that AIDS experts and advocates predicted to the publication that it would “upend progress on curbing the epidemic.” 

On World AIDS Day, the Department of Health and Human Services published a notice in the Federal Register inviting nominations of members to serve on PACHA. The council can have up to 25 members and nominations are due no later than 5:00 p.m. (EST) on Tuesday, Jan. 2, 2018.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-terminated-all-members-of-hivaids-council-without-explanation_us_5a465bd1e4b0b0e5a7a5ffb5

I find it appalling, crazy and yes criminal that this man is still allowed to run a country. The damage he’s been doing to the USA will be irreparable if he doesn’t ge the boot asap. In just one year Trump has proved to be a neo Nazi sympathiser, a child molester defender and supporter, a global warming denier and a dangerous enemy of the lgbt community and of course his anti immigration policies have exposed him as the bigot, racist and ignorant man he truly is. He didn’t get rid of the Wall Street swamp he made that swamp richer and more powerful. We are still on the brink of WW3 thanks to his lack of diplomacy and intelligence to deal with other countries. Doubt he had a real impactful hand on the stock market and employment  growth; those were doing fine under Obama as well ( although he can’t stop bragging about how he did this and he did that). 

I dint know about you guys but I’m starting to lose hope on the Russian probe too. I thought he would be finally get caught on his criminal dealings as a candidate and a businessman. I truly expected him to get arrested for some criminal shit he did but this investigation seems to be taking forever and is not going anywhere. Why is this Muller taking so long after all? He practically got all Trumps associates testimonies, bank accounts details and emails and still nothing?

Meanwhile racism, poverty and drugs are sweeping across the US. Some countries are starting to give up and join the evil US mentality. I noticed people are getting more and more indifferent to the whole thing and they might as well let him carry on. A lot of people are also so sick of this Trump bashing so they won’t get involved as many of the issues are not affecting them. 

Sorry for the rant guys but feels like we are still stuck in a nightmare with no end and no hope.

1 hour ago, MeakMaker said:

I find it appalling, crazy and yes criminal that this man is still allowed to run a country. The damage he’s been doing to the USA will be irreparable if he doesn’t ge the boot asap. In just one year Trump has proved to be a neo Nazi sympathiser, a child molester defender and supporter, a global warming denier and a dangerous enemy of the lgbt community and of course his anti immigration policies have exposed him as the bigot, racist and ignorant man he truly is. He didn’t get rid of the Wall Street swamp he made that swamp richer and more powerful. We are still on the brink of WW3 thanks to his lack of diplomacy and intelligence to deal with other countries. Doubt he had a real impactful hand on the stock market and employment  growth; those were doing fine under Obama as well ( although he can’t stop bragging about how he did this and he did that). 

I dint know about you guys but I’m starting to lose hope on the Russian probe too. I thought he would be finally get caught on his criminal dealings as a candidate and a businessman. I truly expected him to get arrested for some criminal shit he did but this investigation seems to be taking forever and is not going anywhere. Why is this Muller taking so long after all? He practically got all Trumps associates testimonies, bank accounts details and emails and still nothing?

Meanwhile racism, poverty and drugs are sweeping across the US. Some countries are starting to give up and join the evil US mentality. I noticed people are getting more and more indifferent to the whole thing and they might as well let him carry on. A lot of people are also so sick of this Trump bashing so they won’t get involved as many of the issues are not affecting them. 

Sorry for the rant guys but feels like we are still stuck in a nightmare with no end and no hope.

It is atrocious and unsettling that he is still the president of the United States.  I see the false, baiting, belittling and pathetic childish tweets he does and it is depressing. Reading his stupid baiting tweet about needing global warming was sickening. Equally frightening is the republicans who accept his antics. All happy with the whole bread and circus distractions so they can pass more dreadful policies. 

Let's hope 2018 will see some common sense and decency somehow return. The longer this obscene buffoon stays in charge, the more complacent people become and the more his behaviour is shrugged off. Scary part is Pence is waiting in the wings and he is extremely dangerous, racist, sexist and heartless too. 

:lmao::lmao:

:rotfl:

No one shot this fat cunt yet, then?

Just do it.

I don’t get how some people can say we should focus on his work as a president and this is only tabloid trash. For a start he’s tabloid trash. He made a career out of being a tabloid fixture. He even became president because of people going to vote for him cus he’s a celebrity. People have seemed to forget that. The people who went to vote for him are also the same people who are going to eat up this stuff. But yes anything to distract us from the awful truth that is bad president.. possibly the worst ever in the history of the USA. 

1 hour ago, MeakMaker said:

I don’t get how some people can say we should focus on his work as a president and this is only tabloid trash. For a start he’s tabloid trash. He made a career out of being a tabloid fixture. He even became president because of people going to vote for him cus he’s a celebrity. People have seemed to forget that. The people who went to vote for him are also the same people who are going to eat up this stuff. But yes anything to distract us from the awful truth that is bad president.. possibly the worst ever in the history of the USA. 

Nah..stick a fork into the fat orange senile cheeto brain. Even if the economy doesn't tank or war doesn't happen (which at LEAST one of those things are gonna happen) he's the worst and one of the worst humans ever (president or not). Leave it up to America esp them gullible white trash rust belt dolts falling for this shit that was sold to them from a sleazy game show host who knocks on doors and sells scammy sweepstakes door to door on the side 

I hate this orange fat fuck. When will he d*e

42 minutes ago, LSD said:

:snore::snore:

16 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Nah..stick a fork into the fat orange senile cheeto brain. Even if the economy doesn't tank or war doesn't happen (which at LEAST one of those things are gonna happen) he's the worst and one of the worst humans ever (president or not). Leave it up to America esp them gullible white trash rust belt dolts falling for this shit that was sold to them from a sleazy game show host who knocks on doors and sells scammy sweepstakes door to door on the side 

I don't disagree with you about Trump but is there really any need to act so condescending like this? It's one of the reasons why Trump won, unfortunately.

hashtag of 2018 is #stablegenius

200.gif

Potus is really smart and genius.....

On 1/6/2018 at 4:53 AM, BrendanT1993 said:

I don't disagree with you about Trump but is there really any need to act so condescending like this? It's one of the reasons why Trump won, unfortunately.

Yes. Yes there is a reason to act condescending. Because he's absolutely right. These people voted for him out of hatred, fear, and ignorance with some good old fashioned racism, misogyny, and xenophobia sprinkled on top. Him and his whole movement need to be put back into the box they came from. 

7 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

Yes. Yes there is a reason to act condescending. Because he's absolutely right. These people voted for him out of hatred, fear, and ignorance with some good old fashioned racism, misogyny, and xenophobia sprinkled on top. Him and his whole movement need to be put back into the box they came from. 

Thanks luv. And *obviously when I said 'Rust Belt folk' you were absolutely the furthest thing from my mind! Duh! ;P lol  Prob. didn't need to clarify but still making sure lol. Trump obviously also won (or came too close) in WAY too many purple educated-ish states he shouldn't have!

And it wasn't at all being 'condescending' (to the other poster). I know you're just reading words here and could interpret as you choose. But I meant everything I said. You're in Ireland. Not discounting that but you're not here in the US dealing with the constant toxic tension in many places. It's like a 24/7 never-ending stench on quality of life here. It's over a year now since the election. While the initial trauma is gone it's still an unacceptable, skeezy vibe and tone in the air that needs to end asap. Nothing but wasted time but that's only due to his greedy, equally insane minions w/in his own party! If the Dems had ANY power would be a somewhat better more bearable situation. 

3 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Thanks luv. And *obviously when I said 'Rust Belt folk' you were absolutely the furthest thing from my mind! Duh! ;P lol  Prob. didn't need to clarify but still making sure lol. Trump obviously also won (or came too close) in WAY too many purple educated-ish states he shouldn't have!

And it wasn't at all being 'condescending' (to the other poster). I know we're just reading words here and could interpret as you choose. But I meant everything I said. You're in Ireland. Not discounting that but you're not here in the US dealing with the toxic tension in many places. And the 24/7 never-ending stench on quality of life here. It's way over a year now since the election is while the initial trauma is gone it's still an unacceptable, skeezy vibe and tone in the air. I

Oh I know you weren't referring to me. :smooch:

I live in a solidly blue county anyway. He lost by 13 points in Kalamazoo County. The purple-ish counties and states, I believe, will be the blue wave that comes crashing down on him this fall. 

@KalamazooJay @Ciccone's Cheeks  Love your disgust about Trump. I have only recently conversed with Australian Trump supporters who STILL love him now.  After everything he has done since becoming President. Male and females. I know them to be racist, sexist and crass people. Many women hate other women so class them as sexist too.  There is no excuse for supporting Trump anymore. Everything is out there in plain sight by his own actions, policies, words, tweets and behaviour. 

33 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

@KalamazooJay @Ciccone's Cheeks  Love your disgust about Trump. I have only recently conversed with Australian Trump supporters who STILL love him now.  After everything he has done since becoming President. Male and females. I know them to be racist, sexist and crass people. Many women hate other women so class them as sexist too.  There is no excuse for supporting Trump anymore. Everything is out there in plain sight by his own actions, policies, words, tweets and behaviour. 

Trump supporters are the one's who are being hurt by everything he's doing but they're too dumb to understand it.