Rebel Heart Tour 2015-2016: rumours / preparations thread.

Apples388

Ugh stay mad. Maybe she'll do a GH tour in her nineties that you can go to. Oh, and you can expect a lot more RH songs on the setlist.

I think iconic fetus was referring to 'rebel' songs vs 'heart' songs, not number of songs from RH album. But I disagree with this anyway : with true blue, la Isla, who's that girl there is going to be a big love theme.

Really tired of anyone who expresses a desire to have a balance of RH songs and classics being pounded into the ground....! :/

If people are going to argue that it's called the RH Tour and, therefore, it is definitely going to feature a lot of RH tracks, how would those same people justify the number of HC tracks that appeared on the S&S Tour (if we're using the tour's name as an indication of the songs that she will perform)?

I think iconic fetus was referring to 'rebel' songs vs 'heart' songs, not number of songs from RH album. But I disagree with this anyway : with true blue, la Isla, who's that girl there is going to be a big love theme.

My bad but also she's gonna reveal the whole set list so we don't know whst she will add or not. A good balance of new and old will be good and ofcourse some will be disappointed of song choices but oh well.

Really tired of anyone who expresses a desire to have a balance of RH songs and classics being pounded into the ground....! :/

If people are going to argue that it's called the RH Tour and, therefore, it is definitely going to feature a lot of RH tracks, how would those same people justify the number of HC tracks that appeared on the S&S Tour (if we're using the tour's name as an indication of the songs that she will perform)?

S&S featured 9/12 songs from Hard Candy (aka. a lot of the album) so I'm not sure what your point is

Sticky & Sweet is still a Hard candy reference.

It's her longest album ever so of course many fans expect lot of Rebel Heart tracks. I feel that either way the setlist will be disappointing for many...

I just know some gonna say Demo 232455 version wasn't played!!! What a disaster! Lol

Madonna's hired a flamenco dancer and singer from Spain - friends of my best friend. Sonia and Ismael - both gypsies. She only dances flamenco and he only sings.

Do they provide their own campfire to dance round?

S&S featured 9/12 songs from Hard Candy (aka. a lot of the album) so I'm not sure what your point is

My point is that you can't necessarily use the name of the tour as an indication of what's going to be on the set list. It wasn't called the Hard Candy Tour, yet she performed many Hard Candy songs. That's my point.

Sticky & Sweet is still a Hard candy reference.

A reference, yes, but not the album's title. Drowned World Tour fits into the same category - it's named after a song, but it wasn't a song from her latest album, was it? It didn't necessarily give an indication of what the set list was going to contain.

You are splitting hairs, and she usually does majority new material.

Actually, I don't think I'm the one splitting hairs.

My original question was:

"If people are going to argue that it's called the RH Tour and, therefore, it is definitely going to feature a lot of RH tracks, how would those same people justify the number of HC tracks that appeared on the S&S Tour (if we're using the tour's name as an indication of the songs that she will perform)?"

This was in response to people criticising others for wanting a balance between RH tracks and classics.

As for Madonna usually doing a majority of new material, this isn't actually true. If we look at her past four outings, half have had a very slight majority (excluding dance interludes or the radio static/DJ snippets of multiple classics) - MDNA and CT, and half have had well under 50% (e.g. S & S - 41% and S & S 2.0 - 36%).

MDNA - 12/23 (11/22 originally, before Love Spent was added). If we exclude Revolver and Celebration (since they weren't on the MDNA album), it's 10/23 and 9/22, which is under half).

S & S 2.0 - 8/22

S & S - 9/22

CT - 11/20

So, in a nutshell, only CT's set list was truly dominated by its associated album.

OK, now you can tell me I'm splitting hairs ;) Facts are facts, though :thumbsup:

I don't think you could necessarily tell from the title that the majority of the songs will be from the album Rebel Heart . Conceivably you could divide a lot of her older songs into Rebel and Heart as well.

I"m still wondering if the set list will be divided into Rebel and Heart sections or will the styles of the songs be mixed together like on the album?

I can definitely see BIM as the closing song tho! It's such a fun energy song like her closing performances are and seeing how she loves to do sing-alongs she can make the crowd sing "bitch I'm Madonna" for a full minute

I can definitely see BIM as the closing song tho! It's such a fun energy song like her closing performances are and seeing how she loves to do sing-alongs she can make the crowd sing "bitch I'm Madonna" for a full minute

LIving for Love will be the closing song, though. It's about carrying on after hardship and heartbreak. It's obvious that she's not gonna open with that but rather close with it.

LIving for Love will be the closing song, though. It's about carrying on after hardship and heartbreak. It's obvious that she's not gonna open with that but rather close with it.

I think it's obvious Bitch Im Madonna is gonna close the show