Madonna Instagram Thread

Camacho

Is there any other artist whose Instagram posts results in this much outrage and controversy? :dramatic:

During the short time M has been posting, she has been verbally attacked and criticized by every imaginable demographic!

I wonder why M took it down? Did someone say something to her? From my understanding it was only up for a few minutes. She didn't even take down dis n*gga post that quickly. I doubt the comment section was filled with that many Thatcher haters. I wonder what happened.

Yes I read a few, one calling her a cxnt etc. #disnxgga thing, she probably just posted and fell asleep. She was probably awake still after posting Thatcher,read some of the comments which was pure hate towards Thatcher mainly.

Guest Rachelle of London

Yeah but people call her cunt on her posts everyday. She didn't even take down the Mandela pic (which to this day baffles me as how that is offensive) and that blew up in the media. There's people calling her names on her recent pic of Mercy. It must've been REALLY bad.

Because she probably thought this probably not a good idea to post cause of the comments. The Mandela post like you said was baffling to even think it was offensive so she left it up and rightly so.

Know posts of MLK and Mandela were probably offensive to many people.

It just appeared that trolls overreacted and made it seem M was some type of insensitive and racist bigot.

Hope moving forward from here she has a better understanding of what to post unless she does care about how media and public responds.

Eeek I was hoping that Margaret post was fake. Sigh, I was she had like a publicist or someone else in charge of her Instagram account.

People pick and comment on everything with no filter on the internet. I just read comments under an article about refugees drowning in the Mediterranean sea and it's soulbreaking to read the hatred and nasty things people can say.

Eeek I was hoping that Margaret post was fake. Sigh, I was she had like a publicist or someone else in charge of her Instagram account.

But that would be so boring and unauthentic, thank god she manages her account herself. I think Madonna is a huge troll and people fall right into her trap :lmao:

Madonna accidently thought it was Magaret Thatcher who came up with: Don't Ask, Don't Tell and thought it ok to Instagram. After realizing her mistake she took it down.

Guest Rachelle of London

Ugh I would never want her to have a publicist for instagram! Ewww. Leave that to the mentally unstable i.e. Britney Spears.

Madonna's instagram is a HOT MESS :rotfl: She can post dissnigga a million times and that she's a fan of Hitler, I don't care. Her only mistakes are that, one: she says she's an unapologetic bitch yet she doesn't own up to her shit and backtracks, she should NEVER delete ANY of her posts or apologize for anything. Two: I don't know who she surrounds herself with but she must spend too much time around Rocco's friends and their language rubs off on her, she often sounds like a teenager herself rather than the intelligent woman that she obviously is. Three: rather than ignoring it, she lets the negativity get to her and it shows, she gets all defensive and worked up and FEEDS the haters by responding to them.

Having that said, I still LOVE it all! :dead:

I don't really agree with what you are saying here although understand what you are getting at. To me, Madonna is not trying to offend anyone with her Instagram. I don't think for one second that she was meaning to upset anyone with the Margaret Thatcher quote and simply liked the quote - but seeing that a lot of gay men in the UK find Margaret Thatcher's policies and words deeply offensive, she chose to delete the post when she realized that. You can tell she was concerned by changing the message and then just deleted it altogether. I don't think that is weak, rather being respectful to a large part of her fan base and their feelings. She does make gaffes on social media but that is how it goes.

414478cddf7dbeb555073887f08a89cc.jpg

Thank you George Bush! I may not agree with all his actions but his words inspire me. #unapologetic #rebelheart -Madonna

Did he really say this? If so, it just shows what an idiot he truly is. He didn't have to sell anything in the first place because from my perspective he never made a decision on his own during his presidency. He was a puppet played by his advisors. And popularity? The man was riding high on popularity when 9/11 happened. After that he made one mistake after another. Anyone with half a brain would have thought for a second about his advisors suggestions and the consequences of his politics. He did not. No surprise he is considered the most unpopular and worst president of the U.S. ever. Let's face it when his presidency ended the U.S. were in shambles. Politically, financially, economically, socially, a society torn apart, huge loss of respect and authority internationally.

As a politician,even more as the president of the U.S. you don't have to engage in a popularity contest (which is actually weird because U.S. elections are nothing more than exactly that) and you shouldn't BUT don't misunderstand that with not having the obligation to be diplomatic. But I guess he couldn't spell the word "diplomacy" and therefore didn't think it's important.

I don't really agree with what you are saying here although understand what you are getting at. To me, Madonna is not trying to offend anyone with her Instagram. I don't think for one second that she was meaning to upset anyone with the Margaret Thatcher quote and simply liked the quote - but seeing that a lot of gay men in the UK find Margaret Thatcher's policies and words deeply offensive, she chose to delete the post when she realized that. You can tell she was concerned by changing the message and then just deleted it altogether. I don't think that is weak, rather being respectful to a large part of her fan base and their feelings. She does make gaffes on social media but that is how it goes.

Exactly, and as much as many fans would like to think that Madonna is knowledgeable about everyone and everything, even she sometimes makes gaffes. Most Americans do think that old Thatch is nothing but a powerful woman, just like many people think old Ronnie Reagan was great, I'm sure he has some choice quotes too. I doubt Madonna would post him and his AIDS denying mug on Insta though. We all live and learn.

Madonna makes mistakes with Instagram ( quoting Margaret Thatcher was never a good idea ) She often does not think ahead how people will take things as social media can be brutal and judgement instant and viral. However, I still enjoy it a lot. At least she is interesting and varied. Kind of wish she would not be so defensive though as obviously she is reading what people are saying in the comments. Worked for her for years not reading the press about herself and therefore not taking notice of the likes of SuperAmanda - ie hating trolls - and I always thought it was wise not to read the hatred. I think when people read awful comments they tend to second guess things and worry a bit - it is perfectly natural and normal to do that but hard at the same time.

As with you, I enjoy her on IG for the same reasons. I'm glad she has a direct voice through IG and is thankfully not doing inane tweeting like many other public figures. I hope she limits reading nasty comments that invariably follow her, whether it be on IG, Youtube, media articles etc. or just ignore totally because the negativity is so draining. I agree with those who have commented that the bulk of noise from vile posters was started and amplified by LM trolls, and now it seems like a free-for-all. She may make mistakes but I have confidence that she will adapt and learn to make better use of IG eventually without raising heckles through gaffes unless it is by her design.

But that would be so boring and unauthentic, thank god she manages her account herself. I think Madonna is a huge troll and people fall right into her trap :lmao:

True. I guess asking someone from her team if it's okay to say disnigga or proclaiming your love for Thatcher before permanently uploading it to the world is a terrible idea.

Oh boy, I'm so mad right now. Reading some of the comments here because of the Thatcher post on her IG. Some of you suggesting she is incapable of playing the social media game because she doesn't know about social media ettiquette. That's very interesting. I remember the mid nineties when the internet became big for the GP. There was something called Netiquette. It was meant to be something like a guideline how to behave online. It was mostly about treating other and other peoples opinions with respect. Of course that was when there were just a few forums and some chatting rooms. Most importantly it was before social media, before Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, before every blog and media outlet had comment sections under their articles. When articles on media outlets were still written by real journalists not un- or underpaid interns, who have no idea what journalism is all about or are even unable to use google to do a minium of fact check before publishing a story. www has turned a 180 and not for the better. All this social media are places of hatred, lies and despicable human behaviour. People have lost all their decency and don't care if they hurt other people. And why should they? It's all so wonderfully anonymous. It's hard to believe that this behaviour is not part of the business plans of Facebook etc. It's what social media is thriving on. A perfect place were people can live their fantasies of being powerful people and acting like ruthless leaders no one has say or control over. So why not bully and harass people. Things that are a crime in the real world but no one really cares about in the www. I guess there are terms of use on Facebook and Twitter etc. that actually forbid this kind of behaviour but do they actually enforce them? Not really. They are busy censoring titties and male to male kisses. Because those are offending and are putting people in danger. AND here we have some members who believe Madonna should censor herself and adapt to the needs of the IG community because she is at risk making a fool out of herself when posting quotes, pictures or political statements that are taken at face value because of the incapabilty of this generation to think for themselves. Everything needs to be PC, to be whitewashed, to be clean. Otherwise you are in danger to be attacked by people hiding behind aliases calling you names that makes you want to say "go wash you mouth with soap".

To be quite frankly, the only thing I disagree with Madonnas actions on IG is deleting all the "offensive" stuff when the virtual shit hits the fan. People have suggested she should listen to the social media people in her team. I believe that everytime she deleted stuff she actually listened to this team and from my perspective was ill-advised. It made her look weak and inconsistent. It was like running away. Although I unterstand that the situation is and must have been frustrating she has never been one to not take responsibilty for her actions. I'd say get away from social media completely or continue to use it they way you believe it should be used from an artists point of view but be unapologetic about it.

Before I finish my rant I would like to quote - "Fundamentalist literalism is the death of art." Madonna

Madonna's an intellectual powerhouse AND your embarrassing auntie at a wedding...and all the things in between. And she's allowed to be! Talk about Literalism.

I suppose she deleted it because she didn't want to defend Thatcher's policies. Or because she realized that she made a mistake. And that quote may sound cool coming from an artist but not so much from an elected prime minister, it's just wrong.

Do you ever regret saying things in life? It's the sign of a mature, critically reflective mind at work.

Oh and that describes so many here.

I think people are quite selective when it comes to what the subject is and whomever it's about.

Yes, I love it really that Madonna makes gaffes. Shows she is human and gets things wrong at times. Nothing to be ashamed of. She only deletes the things that she herself wants to. She never deleted the Rebel Heart cord pictures because she knew that there was nothing wrong with them and she could justify them completely to the PC crowd. This incident was different and personally, I think it shows a lot of class to delete it as she realized later that it had upset people and that was not her intention. Another reason why I like Madonna as a person because she tries to do the right thing, and has her heart in the right place, despite what people think.