Madonna Instagram Thread

Camacho

Do you really think it's fair to judge someone's whole personal character and intelligence on a few silly instagram posts? After all, Madonna or anyone may only spend a few minutes a day on social media? What about the other hours of the day that you don't see? Those don't count?

She shouldn't have posted it, she released her mistake and deleted it. but some of the pretentious holier than thou rants are far more offensive. I guess Madonna isn't the only one with a huge ego.

Sometimes I don't know why I stay at this forum. It's just filled with so much ugliness and judgment.

so now she's a stupid who knows shyt about politics, lives in a bubble of her own and just quotes others to look smart and educated ? what next? she cheated in her IQ test?

tumblr_inline_mhie3oq37g1qz4rgp.jpg

Do you really think it's fair to judge someone's whole personal character and intelligence on a few silly instagram posts? After all, Madonna or anyone may only spend a few minutes a day on social media? What about the other hours of the day that you don't see? Those don't count?

She shouldn't have posted it, she released her mistake and deleted it. but some of the pretentious holier than thou rants are far more offensive. I guess Madonna isn't the only one with a huge ego.

Sometimes I don't know why I stay at this forum. It's just filled with so much ugliness and judgment.

Glinda. Remember what I said about the ignore button. You are a fly to shit. Always buzzing around an intelligent discussion, probably wishing you had written something someone else wrote, and so instead you immediately shove all your resentment and bitterness in anyone's face who has ever dared to confront you on your knee jerk attention seeking. Maybe that's why you are so in love with this current Ladonna?

And to actually respond intelligently and topically to your post, I think all I am trying to say is that she is killing her legacy. A large part of madonna's fan base has in fact jumped ship just in case you haven't noticed. I mean not being able to sell a second night in Los Angeles, only two nights in London...wtf is that when two years ago she was the top grosser? Be realistic, not defensive!

Interesting perspective mlvcpr.

I'm very hesitant to be as harsh on Madonna becuz of my enduring love and loyalty to her, but I can certainly (if reluctantly) see some of what you're saying as pretty valid.

I think the more she sees people calling her out on her totally unnecessary flubs and gaffes she'll get the hang of it. Madonna's strength is that she's still very attentive, observant, and enjoys learning. She also hates being the butt of the joke. She'll get over this phase.

I mean really. We thought we were stuck with the potpourri English Roses/ Kabbalah era forever. She seemed super out of touch then too, more or less dismissing her past breakthroughs an artist and woman. Look where we are now.

Hilarious how some people love Madonna exercising her right to free speech and lap up all the controversy, crotching a crucifix, shooting people, etc., until she actually says or does something THEY disagree with. Until she offends THEIR delicate sensibilities and pushes THEIR buttons. Shows them up for the pathetic hypocrites they are.

Wow is all I can say! Your hostility truly boggles my mind. Madonna is the same Madonna she's always been.

And I don't think she is killing her legacy because most people don't pay that much attention to her instagram, only a few very die hard fans who follow her that closely.

I would say if something has an impact on ticket sales is the high prices not anything she says on instagram. I know plenty of people who would love to see her but can't afford it.

I'm this close to being done with this forum. A fly to shit? Really? It's all so ugly to me now.

Hilarious how some people love Madonna exercising her right to free speech and lap up all the controversy, crotching a crucifix, shooting people, etc., until she actually says or does something THEY disagree with. Until she offends THEIR delicate sensibilities and pushes THEIR buttons. Shows them up for the pathetic hypocrites they are.

Margaret Thatcher was an elected leader and the world's most powerful woman. In many former Soviet countries she is still revered as a heroine they looked to as they struggled against communism. She argued and voted in the House of Commons *for* the legalisation of homosexuality in the 1960's against fierce campaigning by many in her party. Yes she was of her time, yes she did many things in a divisive and combative way. But the fact that Madonna has effectively been bullied into deleting her perfectly legitimate quote should appal and disgust anyone interested in free speech.

We don't know if she was bullied. It was up for all of 5 minutes. She probably changed her mind. Actually we know she did. She edited the post to say she didn't agree with much of what Thatch said except for that quote. Then she probably decided it wasn't worth it and deleted it.

Anyway, the Thatch is a non controversy IMO. The discussion right now is the bigger picture regarding her social media use.

I'm out of here. Everyone hates me and I'm gone. Bye Bitches. I'm tired of being endlessly bullied by a bunch of evil queens. Everyone says they are right and I'm too sensitive. Done.

I used to think the gay community was about compassion and humanity. Now I know it's not. It used to be a good place to discuss Madonna's music. Now it's not. I won't be called stupid.

I'm so intrigued by the different perspectives on this latest social media fiasco. Regardless of political persuasion, it seems rather transparent that a woman who essentially defined pop culture for a white majority in the western world during the decade Margaret Thatcher was prime minister of a floundering empire is unable to foresee context and general consensus.

I understand how controversial it seems to have become for Madonna to voice a supposed minority opinion, but it is more the case for her fan base among themselves. We can't criticize or be objective about this woman for fear we are contributing to her downfall. You see, I've pedestaled Madonna for over thirty years, and while there have been difficult passages along the way when I found it tedious or uninteresting to seek personal meaning and relatability in her work or life force, I never found resounding evidence of her apparent stupidity.

Sadly, to someone like myself who has lived as many years pre-digital revolution as post, Ladonna's poorly contextualized Instagram rants only bolster the notion that she is alienated in a world of privilege and elitism that she isn't about to give up or truly question no matter how

many Rav Bergs tell her fairytales with pedestrian moral epiphanies. It may work for her and give her a thrill and a buzz in her own world, but if the thunderous response to her nonsense only makes her feel emboldened and incapable of questioning herself and examining her symbolic cultural impact and how it has evolved, grown or dissipated, then she is clearly losing the plot altogether.

Instagram may be fun and may have given us a false sense of insight into her apparently very shallow world, but in terms of her legacy as a cultural icon, she has essentially defined the footnote of her career and made it clear that she is repeating the wrong mantra if she wants to be empowered to change the world while still having her engorged ego stroked. Think Bedtime Story rather than Human Nature! Not so ironic that she is more partial to the latter.

Again, I don't care if she thinks Maggie Thatcher is a heroine. Everyone can be seen as positive or negative in different contexts. However, she certainly was no rebel heart if I have understood at all what a rebel heart is, and making such a controversial homage a day after announcing a second tour date going on sale in the country most affected by Thatcherism that hasn't shown much enthusiasm for all things Madonna related in almost a decade is neither the sign of a master marketer not a great thinker. It is the mark of a narcissistic person in deep need of some honest self-questioning, and a good slap across the cheek, which metaphorically leads me to believe that maybe she underestimated her public more often than the other way around.

This reads like dire faux-intellectual Huffington Post editorial filler. You could have covered this in three sentences - it would help you to remember less is more.

You demonstrate no knowledge of Margaret Thatcher's career, life, times, or achievements.

Why are you always this close to leaving Glinda? Maybe if you weren't looking for validation of your whiny opinions you wouldn't feel such a need to flee?

Anyway, as I personally voiced, I don't think it matters if she loves Margaret thatcher or just thinks she's a good controversial figure of the day. I understand that Thatcher was formidable, and also deeply unpopular. I wouldn't voice an opinion of I didn't feel educated enough, and I'm pretty sure that anything I put down to personal opinion was qualified as such. This is a discussion, right?

Ai Papi! I completely understand your perspective and I'm sure she will prevail in her own way, and evolve into something else, but it probably won't be accompanied by a mass realignment of popular opinion in her favor. Again, it makes little difference to me as I don't suppose any of us rethinks the value or universality of Holiday just because Madonna is no longer as commercially potent. However, while I adore what I have sought out in my experience of Madonna and her artistic output, the contemporary persona just doesn't speak the same language as me.

This reads like dire faux-intellectual Huffington Post editorial filler. You could have covered this in three sentences - it would help you to remember less is more.

You demonstrate no knowledge of Margaret Thatcher's career, life, times, or achievements.

Oh dear. That is rich! I don't care for your editorial critique. I'm sure I could shit out a better sentence than you could write, but please try to make an effort to see something beyond your nose hairs.

We don't know if she was bullied. It was up for all of 5 minutes. She probably changed her mind. Actually we know she did. She edited the post to say she didn't agree with much of what Thatch said except for that quote. Then she probably decided it wasn't worth it and deleted it.

Anyway, the Thatch is a non controversy IMO. The discussion right now is the bigger picture regarding her social media use.

Yes, I've read some of your posts - I agree with a lot of what you say.

Especially about Madonna being a little 'aloof'. She's always been an 'expensive' pop star. When Simon Cowell launched Leona Lewis (successfully, despite her being a total flop now), they had a 'what would Madonna do?' PR strategy. And if Madonna wouldn't have done a show or an interview, they didn't do it. It made an appearance an event. I don't think Madonna has a 'What would Madonna do?' strategy any more.

Bravo! :tigger::thumbsup::clap: :clap: :clap:

Oh dear. That is rich! I don't care for your editorial critique. I'm sure I could shit out a better sentence than you could write, but please try to make an effort to see something beyond your nose hairs.

A slight improvement in coherence, and a dramatic improvement in length, but you were starting from a very low base.

You respond to that post all about Madonna with a defense of Thatcher? There's a reason you're banned from the politics forum, and as has been pointed out many times, unless you start contributing or actually having an opinion on MADONNA, then why the hell are you even here?

I'm not even buying all this Thatcher as a strong independent woman. Her conservative views are traditionally more pleasant to old white men. A rebel? Not really. Not in those days, at least.

And the Grand Ol' Girl (M) needs to put down the mobile and get to work on that tour and releasing my Ghosttown remixes which for some odd reason still aren't in my hands.

A slight improvement in coherence, and a dramatic improvement in length, but you were starting from a very low base.

Ignore. Block. Adios.

Of course I know nothing about Margaret Thatcher! I'm just a 39 year old British dude born and raised in Hong Kong. What could I possibly know?!!! ;) xo

Guest Pud Whacker

I'll always side with a grocers daughter who climbed to the top and became The Prime Minister of England who at the end lost touch with her people.

so now she's a stupid who knows shyt about politics, lives in a bubble of her own and just quotes others to look smart and educated ? what next? she cheated in her IQ test?

tumblr_inline_mhie3oq37g1qz4rgp.jpg

It's sad that people act like her instagram is out of character! It's totally Madonna through and through. She's a very playful person with a sense of humor, but also incredibly intelligent. Maybe these people don't know Madonna as well as they think.

Sure she knew what was coming. The reactions even on this board are proving it. The fact she changed the original post simply shows that she is completely aware of the SJW that are taking everything literally and that they would use the picture and quote of Thatcher against her in one way or the other. Version a) she is a rich elitist who is no better than Thatcher or b) she is stupid and doesn't know about history and politics. They know both versions are wrong. But they get away with it because of the current attitude on social media that everyone wants to be offended. Everyone puts everyone down just because they can without fearing the consequences. I think she should get out of this shitty place called social media. Not because she is destoying her legacy as some concerned member with under 100 posts suggested, because she doesn't deserve this kind of unfair treatment.

Why does a person have to be put down for having less than 100 posts? It's more about being selective and perhaps more honorable than having 2641, no?

By the way, I personally am saying that she might be a rich elitist who is also dumb and has no knowledge of history and politics. Might. That's the key word here. we are talking about an entertainer and public figure after all, and so I can't really assess what she doodles while on the toilet.

Edited by MLVCPR

Sure she knew what was coming. The reactions even on this board are proving it. The fact she changed the original post simply shows that she is completely aware of the SJW that are taking everything literally and that they would use the picture and quote of Thatcher against her in one way or the other. Version a) she is a rich elitist who is no better than Thatcher or b) she is stupid and doesn't know about history and politics. They know both versions are wrong. But they get away with it because of the current attitude on social media that everyone wants to be offended. Everyone puts everyone down just because they can without fearing the consequences. I think she should get out of this shitty place called social media. Not because she is destoying her legacy as some concerned member with under 100 posts suggested, because she doesn't deserve this kind of unfair treatment.

You are of course completely wrong, but what exactly would she gain by THAT? Except making sure her 4 shockingly bad selling UK arena shows take even longer to sell-out? It would be lovely to think that poor masochistic Madonna's having the big postmodern joke on everyone....but even you know those days are long gone. As for social media...don't do it or pay attention to it...so much easier,

Why does a person have to be put down for having less than 100 posts? It's more about being selective and perhaps more honorable than having 2641, no?

By the way, I personally am saying that she might be a rich elitist who is also dumb and has no knowledge of history and politics. Might. That's the key word here. we are talking about an entertainer and public figure after all, and so I can't really assess what she doodles while on the toilet.

Considering the biggest criticism of her persona and her work on this board recently comes from members with only a few post makes one instantly suspiscious. And if you really believe (well, you are careful using the word "might") that she is a bimbo then I have to believe you are not really a fan for 30 years. How could she not know about politics and history? She is part of f*cking history!

I'm out of here. Everyone hates me and I'm gone. Bye Bitches. I'm tired of being endlessly bullied by a bunch of evil queens. Everyone says they are right and I'm too sensitive. Done.

I used to think the gay community was about compassion and humanity. Now I know it's not. It used to be a good place to discuss Madonna's music. Now it's not. I won't be called stupid.

Glinda please don't leave. You're a great member, and I look forward to your posts. Even when we haven't seen eye to eye, you've been nothing but respectful.

Could we possibly get some moderation in here? When long-time posters who have been nothing but kind are being pushed off in this way, with that kind of language thrown at them...it's starting to concern me.

THIS!!!!!! And don't leave!

Guest Pud Whacker

Speechless.

Everyone's always so excited when Madonna ignites controversy. Why not now, under these circumstances?

Why are people dismissing her Instagram when it's convenient for their argument and pedestaling it other times. Social media is a big part of an entertainers personality. Hence The Guardian writing an article.

What would be so awful if Madonna did appreciate or even identified with Thatcher? It wouldn't be the first time she's been accused of being uncompromising with a die hard work ethic!

Glinda please don't leave. You're a great member, and I look forward to your posts. Even when we haven't seen eye to eye, you've been nothing but respectful.

Could we possibly get some moderation in here? When long-time posters who have been nothing but kind are being pushed off in this way, with that kind of language thrown at them...it's starting to concern me.

Wasn't Glinda meant to be leaving last week as well?...or the week before? People can't just stamp their feet when the going gets tough and say "I'M LEAVING". and expect everyone to jump. There's a "report" button there for a reason. Then it can be looked at to see if Glinda is following MLVCPR around or if it's an ongoing issue with MLVCPR etc etc. In all honesty, "like a fly to shit" is pretty damn TAME for here, I think most would agree. .