Madonna Instagram Thread

Camacho

For the record, I have no issue with Glinda other than the fact that she has responded to a few of my very limited posts with an immediate dismissal.

As for my fandom being questioned, no one on this board or anywhere else is going to revoke my fan club membership card! That truly seems like an arrogant statement to make, but I do understand why you might think that. I'm not sure of my feelings because with Madonna they evolve regularly. However, they are still valid in the moment and the only reason for expressing them on here is because I'm interested in hearing what other fans think. I apologize for offending anyone, but stand by what I say. I don't think anyone else is less or more of a fan than I am.

You are of course completely wrong, but what exactly would she gain by THAT? Except making sure her 4 shockingly bad selling UK arena shows take even longer to sell-out? It would be lovely to think that poor masochistic Madonna's having the big postmodern joke on everyone....but even you know those days are long gone. As for social media...don't do it or pay attention to it...so much easier,

Oh Kim, I'm totally safe when it comes to social media. I'm not part of it. I don't see the need to be part of it. I have to deal with social media every fucking work day being surrounded by people who check their Facebook profile every 5 minutes. And it's driving me mad because they don't do their work. And God forbid you criticize an intern or trainee about it, they have this "how dare you" look on their face. They are all addicted. I even had one trainee that threw a hissy fit and called in sick the next day. No, I don't "Like" social media. I am not a "Fan". It's a waste of time.

omg....30 pages of madonna "the white elitlist/white/supremacy/dumb/living-on-another planet" posts...

...not for idolizing tatcher but for agreeing with a quote and (probably) admiring her toughness of a successfull woman in a then/now-man's world....and when it comes from trash tabloids or intenert trolls...no surprises...but when it comes from madonna's fans....even putting laces to politicl figures has become something to be ashamed for.....(but, as someone else said, when she fought to portray Evita everybody were wetting their pants....)

oh, well....

For the record, I have no issue with Glinda other than the fact that she has responded to a few of my very limited posts with an immediate dismissal.

As for my fandom being questioned, no one on this board or anywhere else is going to revoke my fan club membership card! That truly seems like an arrogant statement to make, but I do understand why you might think that. I'm not sure of my feelings because with Madonna they evolve regularly. However, they are still valid in the moment and the only reason for expressing them on here is because I'm interested in hearing what other fans think. I apologize for offending anyone, but stand by what I say. I don't think anyone else is less or more of a fan than I am.

It seems like you are feeling the flush coming :laugh:

Well I personally think you're a shit "fan" xo. Anyone who thinks Madonna MIGHT be a dumb ass elitist really doesn't belong on a Madonna forum, nor should they be taken seriously by Madonna FANS.

You may have been obsessed with Madonna for 30 years, much like the rest of the world, but you don't belong in a place designated to Madonna.

Wasn't Glinda meant to be leaving last week as well?...or the week before? People can't just stamp their feet when the going gets tough and say "I'M LEAVING". and expect everyone to jump. There's a "report" button there for a reason. Then it can be looked at to see if Glinda is following MLVCPR around or if it's an ongoing issue with MLVCPR etc etc. In all honesty, "like a fly to shit" is pretty damn TAME for here, I think most would agree. .

Well, I just think the language/tone was un-called for. Maybe that's because I've been choosing to stay out of the big dramas lately.

It does feel like the board has become unnecessarily aggressive lately...

Oh Kim, I'm totally safe when it comes to social media. I'm not part of it. I don't see the need to be part of it. I have to deal with social media every fucking work day being surrounded by people who check their Facebook profile every 5 minutes. And it's driving me mad because they don't do their work. And God forbid you criticize an intern or trainee about it, they have this "how dare you" look on their face. They are all addicted. I even had one trainee that threw a hissy fit and called in sick the next day. No, I don't "Like" social media. I am not a "Fan". It's a waste of time.

First bit of sense you've made in this thread love ;) It's all about the twatter and the instantgram these days though, no?

omg....30 pages of madonna "the white elitlist/white/supremacy/dumb/living-on-another planet" posts...

...not for idolizing tatcher but for agreeing with a quote and (probably) admiring her toughness of a successfull woman in a then/now-man's world....and when it comes from trash tabloids or intenert trolls...no surprises...but when it comes from madonna's fans....even putting laces to politicl figures has become something to be ashamed for.....(but, as someone else said, when she fought to portray Evita everybody were wetting their pants....)

oh, well....

no no no no no no no no ....

no.

Guest Rachelle of London

I'm out of here. Everyone hates me and I'm gone. Bye Bitches. I'm tired of being endlessly bullied by a bunch of evil queens. Everyone says they are right and I'm too sensitive. Done.

I used to think the gay community was about compassion and humanity. Now I know it's not. It used to be a good place to discuss Madonna's music. Now it's not. I won't be called stupid.

Everyone doesn't hate you. Glinda don't leave

Guest Pud Whacker

Did any of you ever have to debate? All it see are puss farts who can't back up what they've said.

BACK BONES PEOPLE. Knowledge is power not just a quote! :lol:

Madonna is more than an image in a magazine or video and SHE MADE DAMN WELL SURE OF THAT.

Again I am puzzled that fans are usually giddy when she's caused an uproar but not here or with drake.

Well, I just think the language was un-called for. Maybe that's because I've been choosing to stay out of the big dramas lately.

It does feel like the board has become unnecessarily aggressive lately...

Well I haven't been around that much myself lately, but anyone feeling aggressed against needs to make their feelings known...in private.

Get a grip, Madonna doesn't have to be your protective monster mother :mellow: Madonna has never been the mother Teresa.

What the hell are you talking about? All I am saying is that when she does stupid things like this people lose respect for her. Her post was a mistake but things like this are like self sabotage and ignorant. I don't think M is perfect in anyway but she needs to stop and think sometimes especially when it makes her look really ignorant and idiotic. Posting a portrait of that vile woman was very stupid and I am glad she deleted it. I grew up during Thatcher's rule in Scotland, so forgive me for having a bad reaction to my icon and heroine posting a photo and quote of that evil cow.

What the hell are you talking about? All I am saying is that when she does stupid things like this people lose respect for her. Her post was a mistake but things like this are like self sabotage and ignorant. I don't think M is perfect in anyway but she needs to stop and think sometimes especially when it makes her look really ignorant and idiotic.

Or maybe people shouldn't be so quick to criticize her. People pounce on every little thing she says, but I guess that's the life of the Greatest Star that Ever Lived.

It wasn't an idiotic or misinformed post, though. She never said she agrees with Thatcher's policies, she just admires her work ethic as a woman and liked that particular quote.

Maybe if people would THINK before they attacked Madonna, instead of blaming Madonna for not THINKING, this wouldn't be a problem.

First bit of sense you've made in this thread love ;) It's all about the twatter and the instantgram these days though, no?

no no no no no no no no ....

no.

sorry, but this is the way i see it...

i'm not a supèer-informed person, but i modestly think i'm not even all that ignorant or dumb and i didn't know about tatcher gay law until a few months ago (ironically i read it here) and even if i understand that this figure may be a sensitive subjects for the brits, tones are a bit exaggerated here....do you really think madonna has the same political views of M....Tatcher?

Or maybe people shouldn't be so quick to criticize her. People pounce on every little thing she says, but I guess that's the life of the Greatest Star that Ever Lived.

It wasn't an idiotic or misinformed post, though. She never said she agrees with Thatcher's policies, she just admires her work ethic as a woman and liked that particular quote.

Maybe if people would THINK before they attacked Madonna, instead of blaming Madonna for not THINKING, this wouldn't be a problem.

thanks

What the hell are you talking about? All I am saying is that when she does stupid things like this people lose respect for her. Her post was a mistake but things like this are like self sabotage and ignorant. I don't think M is perfect in anyway but she needs to stop and think sometimes especially when it makes her look really ignorant and idiotic.

Everyone is ignorant, nobody knows everything so I have no problem with Madonna being it. I also didn't know that Margaret Thatcher was that homofobic creature so I'm also ignorant.

I don't have to know everything about every politician in the world. I understand that you feel offended because you are from UK but calm down, don't be a fan anymore and that's it.

I'm sorry but if you post a portrait of Margaret Thatcher and one her quotes and then praise her, you are acting like a fan of hers and that's the way it has come across. M probably realised this and that's why she deleted it. That's why I am saying for her to think before she does things like this. It's not doing her any favours. I'm not gonna arrange a burning of Madonna CDs for god sake!

I think what Pud said a few pages before is very true. Somehow the tide is turning and we really can't put the finger onto the why. Even worse, for some reason the Madonna fans themselves are taking part in this downfall.

Could somebody please explain to me why we are exactly fighting again?

Because people who hate Madonna have been become more aggressive in the last few years. They are not fans and they have been coming on boards. Also there are people who simply follow what other people say and that becomes their opinion. Madonna has always lived as if everything is as it should be and if she can find something positive she focuses on that which will eventually lead to seeing nothing but the positive and changes minds and hearts. If all the intellectuals believe that peace comes about by feeding into negative energy and keeping it alive then I ask "how has that helped the world?" She seeks out the positive.

There is also fighting because of the ridiculous judgements of Madonna's personality and intelligence in a Madonna fan forum.

Everyone is ignorant, nobody knows everything so I have no problem with Madonna being it. I also didn't know that Margaret Thatcher was that homofobic creature so I'm also ignorant.

I don't have to know everything about every politician in the world. I understand that you feel offended because you are from UK but calm down, don't be a fan anymore and that's it.

I've been a fan since 1984 and I'm not going anywhere thank you very much. I suggest that if you feel ignorant, educate yourself and do some reading then you can have an informed opinion.

Don't worry, me and M are all good. It's just so annoying for M to champion human rights and then post a photo of her that's all.

...do you really think madonna has the same political views of M....Tatcher?

I don't think one person here has said that. It's just a foolish choice of person to choose to make that point. A woman-hating, gay-hating, poor-hating, industry-decimating woman....the apologists can make all the dumb, unwarranted Madonna parallels they want about polarization or powerful women...but that's still not the point.

Having said that, Madonna was married to a Tory for years, had a mother in law who was a Tory Peer and even had dinners with current right-wing slimy PM David Cameron. So who knows just where she is on the political spectrum these days... :bad:

I'm out of here. Everyone hates me and I'm gone. Bye Bitches. I'm tired of being endlessly bullied by a bunch of evil queens. Everyone says they are right and I'm too sensitive. Done.

I used to think the gay community was about compassion and humanity. Now I know it's not. It used to be a good place to discuss Madonna's music. Now it's not. I won't be called stupid.

Please, the gay community is the absolute worst!

I've been a fan since 1984 and I'm not going anywhere thank you very much. I suggest that if you feel ignorant, educate yourself and do some reading then you can have an informed opinion.

Don't worry, me and M are all good. It's just so annoying for M to champion human rights and then post a photo of her that's all.

calling her ignorant and idiotic is very mean, she didn't mean to hurt her gay fans, that's why she deleted it. But it seems it is not enough for you. being a fan since 1984 doesn't give you the right to insult her.

Your are also ignorant.

This is such a stupid debate. Someone can have bad policies and still have dropped a good quotable here or there. Madonna's argument since her earliest days is that the public tries to shoehorn people into a category.

People are good and bad, sometime more to one end of the spectrum than the other, but people are also very complex. A bad decision doesn't mean everything someone's done/said for their whole life is evil and bad. So to anyone complaining about this go take a barium enema.

Hilarious how some people love Madonna exercising her right to free speech and lap up all the controversy, crotching a crucifix, shooting people, etc., until she actually says or does something THEY disagree with. Until she offends THEIR delicate sensibilities and pushes THEIR buttons. Shows them up for the pathetic hypocrites they are.

So true!