The Madonna movie Adé: A Love Story- UPDATE: Writer Found For the Project

LCD

Guest Loo Eli

yes, but don't expect much higher figures.....

Who knows ? She may end up with limited creative control but was obviously brought on for a reason.

do you mean there will be promo? :naughty:

Most of people seems to have forgotten that post but at the very beginning of the year, even before the first rumors about new music, in a thread were people were wondering if there would be new music in 2014 and with promo this time, more posted "you will have new music and with promo".

since when is moe reliable, he always used to post fake pictures of himself on MadonnaMad forums

I don't know him, but a lot of people don't put up real pictures of themselves on forums. People can be so crazy sometimes so it's better to protect yourself. I don't think that that necessarily means he's unreliable.

I'm not against it as long as she's putting her heart into the album. The sad thing is: that movie will be critically panned no matter what, just because it was directed by Madonna. I knew it would happen with W.E. before the film even came out, i just knew it.

Guest SUNLIGHT

Everything he has posted for months has been 100% accurate.

Yeah when vaguely written and snatched off fans on twitter and passed off as his own here giving no credit to them. moe's Madonna "exclusives" are NOTHING special. Fans are desperate for news and will praise fakes like him wanting more "exclusives". xela had real exclusives.

Guest SUNLIGHT

since when is moe reliable, he always used to post fake pictures of himself on MadonnaMad forums

He posted fake pictures of himself here too years ago. Are those threads in which he was posting fake pictures still here?

Guest Rachelle of London

Where's all the desperation to call out Moe coming from? Fair enough if you don't believe him. Well Done! Others do!!! I'll welcome more Moe exclusives anytime.

W.E. grossed like 1.5M ww the problem wasn't the movie, it was the big budget, she went in and spent a lot of money in the production, let's see this time, maybe the movie will be ready by 2016, summer.

the fact the W.E. grossed2mm worldwild doesn't mean that the producers lost all of their money....in most countries they pre-sale the movie to local distributors (with different types of contracts), than there are tv and streaming deals and home entertainment contracts....if there has been a loss, and i'm not sure it has been, it's not been that much, even because it has been a co-production...so the losses, or gains, are to be divided...

The BBC reported on this and I can't believe it but they were actually positive about her achievements. Although they did mention the film got several one star reviews, they did add this:

Since WE, Madonna has concentrated on her music career, with a number one album MDNA and huge world tour. She was named the world's top-earning celebrity by Forbes in 2013.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26745748

If W.E. were directed by Spielberg frame for frame as Madonna, it would have been nominated for several Oscars and could have won S. Actress ( Riseborough ), score, cinamatography, production design, costume design, and editing.

W.E. wasn't meant to be a blockbuster film and was in limited release through out its run.

well...it started in limited release....but given poor performances it soon got off screens....it would have performed better it would have expanded....

well...it started in limited release....but given poor performances it soon got off screens....it would have performed better it would have expanded….I think

Who knows but M would have loved for the film to have received a positive buzz & expanded into more theaters. I just remember her appearing so happy & passionate about W.E. at the time it was released. I hope she feels this way about her upcoming new music & next tour….

W.E. wasn't meant to be a blockbuster film and was in limited release through out its run.

Not quite. It was being groomed as an awards-bait movie - limited release at the end of the year to qualify for the Oscars and then slowly rolled out with a wide opening planned before or after the Oscars to coincide with its nominations. When it became clear that the movie wasn't getting a great response, Weinstein put all his efforts into Silver Linings Playbook and W.E. faded away.

Not quite. It was being groomed as an awards-bait movie - limited release at the end of the year to qualify for the Oscars and then slowly rolled out with a wide opening planned before or after the Oscars to coincide with its nominations. When it became clear that the movie wasn't getting a great response, Weinstein put all his efforts into Silver Linings Playbook and W.E. faded away.

no,no....two different award seasons. W.E. was in 2012,SLP was 2013

Instead of a dramatic love story,I wish Madonna would direct something a little more.....fun? Maybe a fun,lively musical with lots of music and dancing.....something like "Burlesque"?

I always wished Madonna was in Moulin Rouge which would have been perfect for her on so many levels and she is a romantic which is why love stories are attractive to her. Especially ones that face obstacles.

I always wished Madonna was in Moulin Rouge which would have been perfect for her on so many levels and she is a romantic which is why love stories are attractive to her. Especially ones that face obstacles.

Yes, I agree. She is drawn to that. But I also think she has a great sense of humor and it would be nice if she put that into her movies as well. But I'm also drawn to tragic love stories. They fascinate me.

I recall that there were some critics who stated that W.E. was not given a fair shake because Madonna directed it although it was a very impressive directorial effort.

When I saw the film I was mesmerized and fascinated what I saw but frustrated with the script.

Given a good script to work with, she has the talent to make a great film. I hope that happens with this project.

-after the album and tour of course... :)

Guest Loo Eli

I recall that there were some critics who stated that W.E. was not given a fair shake because Madonna directed it although it was a very impressive directorial effort.

When I saw the film I was mesmerized and fascinated what I saw but frustrated with the script.

Given a good script to work with, she has the talent to make a great film. I hope that happens with this project.

-after the album and tour of course... :)

I also have a more confident feeling about this than W.E. Madonna will definitely be held to a higher standard of faithfulness to the material working with more experienced producers and writers, along with the subject and author herself. Rebecca Walker as a fan is probably the one person that pushed for M being offered the position in the first place.