The Madonna movie Adé: A Love Story- UPDATE: Writer Found For the Project

LCD

I think Madonna should do whatever the fuck she wants to do artistically. But, am I the only one who would LOVE to see her take on another role? I love seeing her on the big screen.

I think Madonna should do whatever the fuck she wants to do artistically. But, am I the only one who would LOVE to see her take on another role? I love seeing her on the big screen.

+1

I'm happy ! you know why ? Because there is finally a chance she doesn't go on tour after the album ! i know i'm probably in the minority but i really want her to release two albums before going on tour again, like she did for ray of Light & Music.

What i'd like is :

1 album release - 2 promo (maybe little promo tour) + some tv performances around the world, 3 or 4 good videos - 3 direct the new movie - 4 movie release - 5 start working on new album - 6 album release - 7 promo - 8 BIG TOUR !

+1

+3

i soooooo want her to act in a movie again !

I believe M will get her ocar recognition with this one. If it is as ambitious and beautifully filmed as W.E. and she does NOT write the script, I'm all for her passion to direct. She is always looking and planning ahead of time so the stage of this project is premature to interfere with her next classic album.

i don't mind her side projects as long s they don't take away from her albums and tours.

anyway as years pass she won't be touring as much and releasing albums so she's trying to find her niche as a director and i think it's great.

If this happens, it will be after new album/tour, so I'm cool with it.

You just know M is coming for that 3rd Golden Globe and her 1st Best Director nomination. Hollywood will freak out :clap:

I wonder how many years till she directs a musical film or a musical on Broadway.

I'm happy ! you know why ? Because there is finally a chance she doesn't go on tour after the album ! i know i'm probably in the minority but i really want her to release two albums before going on tour again, like she did for ray of Light & Music.

What i'd like is :

1 album release - 2 promo (maybe little promo tour) + some tv performances around the world, 3 or 4 good videos - 3 direct the new movie - 4 movie release - 5 start working on new album - 6 album release - 7 promo - 8 BIG TOUR !

It all sounds nice. But how about her contract with LN? She has 2 albums and 2 tours left. It only makes sense for her to tour after each album.

Too autobiographical. Hasn't Madonna already played this part of a young American girl chasing Muslim ( brahain ) cock in the African nation of Malawi. It is too literal for her. She needs to direct something by Stephen King, using her "art" skills would make it beautiful.

I know madonna likes to be in control of everything but she needs to let the right people write the screenplay. If she wants her vision to come across, just direct the film. Her writing abilities are weak, but her vision in both FandW and WE had some very good and promising visuals and ideas. I like that she branches out and experiments. Just dont put your two cents In on the screenplay. I want a film directed by Madonna and not have the story remind me of Madonnas life or her own personal beliefs.

I agree with you she should get an experienced writer to do the screen play, but not the last sentence. I think the best films tend to be personal and something the director connects with on some level. So I think she should choose a subject that connects with on some level whether it's her life or her political/social beliefs.

i don't mind her side projects as long s they don't take away from her albums and tours.

anyway as years pass she won't be touring as much and releasing albums so she's trying to find her niche as a director and i think it's great.

indeed...

But contracts can be re-negotiated. It often happens in music business.

True. And if that happens it could give M plenty of time to do everything she wants without much pressure. But for more selfish reasons I don't see her renegotiating the contract. I want a new tour! :smile:

I think that if she gets the filming machinery working, she will film this at the end of next year, after the tour.

Music makes the people come together

Movies make the people run for the exits, yeahhhhh.

..."my movies, makes the people, want a refund."

I can't link, or even paste, a YouTube link, but check out the MadTv sketch of Madonna's Music song.

Edited by cruncher9123

Guest Rocco Papa

Not very happy about this. I don't want another album promo campaign ruined by the distractions of a film.

Too autobiographical. Hasn't Madonna already played this part of a young American girl chasing Muslim ( brahain ) cock in the African nation of Malawi. It is too literal for her. She needs to direct something by Stephen King, using her "art" skills would make it beautiful.

:rotfl:

i'm in for M's vision of Gerald's Game :clap:

It seems like she'll have more of a budget and a stronger team surrounding her on this film so it may just work out.

More of a budget? Compared to Filth and Wisdom. Certainly. But W.E.? I doubt it. Estimated budget was 30 million. And stronger team? I think her team on W.E. was top notch. Harvey Weinstein Executive producer - no need for further introduction. Martin Childs - production design - Oscar for Shakespeare in Love, Jenny Shircore - Make Up design - Oscar for Elisabeth - Celia Bobak - Set decoration - Oscar nomination for The Phantom of the Opera, Abel Korzeniowski - Golden Globe nomination for W.E. and a Single Man - Arianne Phillips - Oscar and Golden Globe nomination for W.E. - Hagen Bogdanski - DP - camera for the Oscar winning movie (foreign language) "The Life of Others". Pretty remarkable line of talent here.

The above mentioned list clearly indicates why W.E. looked and sounded absolutely stunning. I doubt anyone would question that those crafts and the actors did a great job. And if you put the flaws of the script and the baggage that comes with the name "Madonna" aside she did a great job as a director for bringing it all together. And this is what a director does bringing it all together to make your vision come alive onscreen.

What i'd like is :

I agree, there has to be more music albums than tours

Also, touring the world for every album makes her touring a bit less special in a sense she's overdoing it

I know it's where the money's at but music should be the base of it all

Ugh. Not another flop film. She should stick to what she does best - MUSIC! I do hope this film is the one that works out for her though.

I agree, there has to be more music albums than tours

Also, touring the world for every album makes her touring a bit less special in a sense she's overdoing it

I know it's where the money's at but music should be the base of it all

She's toured for every album since Music. She was going to tour in 99 for RoL, so I don't imagine her breaking that trend. Plus she's not touring every year like Lady Gaga etc. It will have been three years since MDNA next summer