This just can't be coincidence
The only way that this makes sense is that

[chorus, repeat]

You're an angel
You're an angel, baby
You're an angel
You must be an angel, baby

Clouds just disappear
The 3rd single from the Like A Virgin album finds Madonna hopelessly in love with someone so extraordinary, she likens them to a heavenly being. This is one of the sweeter more innocently romantic songs M has recorded some may even say cheesy but I personally love it. It's my favorite on the album since I first heard it. The lyrics are pretty simple and straightforward but she sings with such earnest and heart that she truly elevates the song. As an aside, am I the only one who didn't realize she was singing "clouds just disappear" at the end until much later? This is one of those songs that just transports me back to the time it was released and reminds me of summers in the mid 80s - what a great time for music and an awesome time to be a fan. It's too bad this never got performed live after the Virgin Tour and never saw a proper release on the concert video and I would have also loved a music video for this. BTW - Does anyone else find her laugh in this song sexy as hell? Just me?
Favorite lyric : I can see it in your eyes, full of wonder and surprise
Favorite Musical Moment: The intro
Favorite Vocal Moment: "In disguise, I can see it in your eyes" (The second time)
One Word That Sums Up This Song: Heavenly

This was number 1 in Australia but was more due to it being billed as a double A side with Into the Groove. I got a copy of this single for my Birthday and was so thrilled. As everyone had Angel on the Like a Virgin album, there was the extended version as the single. I love Angel and also adore her laughter on it. Gorgeous dreamy song that also begged for a video clip. I love the Like a Virgin album -still better than the pop songs released today - and this is yet another classic. Love it.

The first line is one of the most haunting she has ever sung. It puts you directly on the dream she's living. The voice is so incredible too, one of the first to show the deep tones that would come with True Blue.

This song was her second number one in Spain, after Material Girl.

The first line is one of the most haunting she has ever sung. It puts you directly on the dream she's living. The voice is so incredible too, one of the first to show the deep tones that would come with True Blue.

Yes!! I so agree - love those deep tones in her voice in this song.

I go the remix to this too. It's got the MADONNA chant at the beginning I adore. Over 2 decades before Timberlame said Madonna in 4 Minutes, Angel was ahead of it's time! :)

This song is just perfect to me. I listened to it like ten times today in the car! Love her voice, the funky little guitar, the chirpy beat......it's just perfect 80's pop. It's a crime Madonna has neglected this song the way she has! She MUST perform it again!! This is actually my favorite song on LAV and I think it very well may be in my all time top ten M songs.

Madonna's 'Angel' Gets A Punk Makeover, Courtesy Of Brooklyn's The Dead Betties (VIDEO)

The Huffington Post | By Curtis M. Wong
Posted: 10/28/2014 1:49 pm EDT Updated: 10/28/2014 2:59 pm EDT

The Brooklyn-based punk rockers who recently tackled Britney Spears' "Lucky" now have their sights set on the Material Girl.

The Dead Betties cover Madonna's underrated '80s hit, "Angel," in their latest video. The clip features women embodying five of the Queen of Pop's most iconic personas, including the street urchin of "Desperately Seeking Susan" and the "Erotica" dominatrix, strolling about downtown Manhattan and even riding the subway.

The band, which has headlined shows at SXSW and Toronto Pride, say the song -- which first appeared on Madonna's 1984 "Like a Virgin" album -- has long been a personal favorite.

The band is composed of lead singer–bassist Joshua Ackley, drummer Derek Pippin and guitarist Eric Shepherd. They're currently putting the final touches on a forthcoming album, which will feature the single, “The Way We Live Now."

From left: Joshua Ackley, Eric Shepherd and Derek Pippin of The Dead Betties.

pin_it_button.pngo-THE-DEAD-BETTIES-570.jpg

All my favs getting the SOTW spot one after another...that is truly amazing and so is this song!

I wished that this song would've gotten more attention than it did at the time of it's release. A video could've been just as iconic as her previous ones and it's quite tragic that it never materialized.

I'd also really like to see a re-invention of this song on tour at some point. I remember hearing rumours about it being rehearsed for S&S. Does anyone know more about this?

This song was her second number one in Spain, after Material Girl.

Really??? I don't know Angel was number one in Spain.

I love this song. It is my favourite song of Like a Virgin after Dress you up.

I love this song

Qhen I was 5 bavk in 1987, one of my banysitters, a girl named Denise, was a HUGE wannabe and I remember her watching me and jamming to this song on her Walkman

I remember her telling my older sister that she had got tickets to the WTG at Veterans Stadium in Philly and my sister being all upset that she couldnt go

Angel is my favourite song off the Like a Virgin album.

We used to play it in school a lot & one of my mates said she sounded like a man in 'that' song. Listening back now, she certainly doesn't, but I love those lower tones.

Lyrically it's sweet & takes you on a journey, it's just beautiful!!

Love love love!!! ❤️❤️❤️