The 30-Year-old 'Virgin'- 160th best album of last 30 years, says Rock De Lux

Roland Barthes

• 2 weeks later...

Dutch interview about the album

Popeline, this is fantastic. How beautiful Madonna is in Green and this captured her whole Like a Virgin Look that swept the world. Also, how incredible was it to see all of the "Wannabees" going to the concerts. :laugh: It really shows her influence and also brings home our brave and smart she was to change her image while still dominating popular culture and having so many girls copying and dressing like her. It would have been so easy to stay the same but Madonna always knew what she was doing - she went with what she wanted to do and the intuition and knowledge that people do want change. What a superstar - no other female singer has been in her league.

• 2 weeks later...

Really good this - promise...

LAV writers Billy Steinberg & Tom Kelly talking to the BBC in 1994 about LAV, trying to get tickets to the Virgin Tour and finally meeting Madonna.

It's funny!

LAV doesn't have the depth of albums that came later, but it's an enjoyable album. "Over and Over" remains one of my favorite Madonna album tracks. Even "Shoo-Bee-Doo" is endearing.

The weakest track probably is "Pretender," but even that's tolerable fluff. (I do prefer the STR mix of LDLHA to the one on this album, though).

Happy 30th.

Spanish publication Rock deLux published the 300 Best Albums 1984-2014, and, guess what album is ranked No. 160? :) It's the only Madonna album on the list.

Another list where the Virgin leaves the Prayer and all other M albums in the dust. I don't agree with it, but, hey, it's ACCLAIM for Her Madgesty, regardless.

I cant believe the song is 30 yo. That means I have been a fan for 30 years now!!

Me too! Who else is now in the the thirty year fan club?

One of the reasons I became a fan was because when I turned LAV over, the b-side, Stay, was as good as they a-side. This is still one of the great songs from LAV!

Me too, but it's actually been OVER thirty-years----SO MUCH great music!!!

madonna-the-singles-1983-2012.png

Me too! Who else is now in the the thirty year fan club?

One of the reasons I became a fan was because when I turned LAV over, the b-side, Stay, was as good as they a-side. This is still one of the great songs from LAV!