Which is your fav? Live Aid, Live 8, or Live Earth?

frzndrwnwrld

Which is your fav?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Live Aid, Live 8, or Live Earth?

• Live Aid (Holiday/Into The Groove/Love Makes The World Go Round)
    • Live 8 (Like A Prayer/Ray Of Light/Music)
    • Live Earth (Hey You/Ray Of Light/La Isla Bonita/Hung Up)

Was just watching all of these. Decided to make a poll. Sorry if this was already posted recently. Curious what the newbies have to say. :)

Live Aid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2LUnbH_0kw

Live 8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EKx3Ac03jM&list=PLBBEEC655C42450B3

Live Earth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Muag1NcfIO8

Live Earth! Her voice was perfect and the LIB mash up with Pala Tute and Gogol on stage with her was fantastic.

Live Earth by FAR.

The look, the Hey You, the La Isla, the humping of the boom box, the TIME GOES BY... SO SLAWLLY!, it's life and after watching it again just now I am more ready for a new Madonna era right now!

Live Earth by FAR.

The look, the Hey You, the La Isla, the humping of the boom box, the TIME GOES BY... SO SLAWLLY!, it's life and after watching it again just now I am more ready for a new Madonna era right now!

Exactly! It's the boombox that won me over. :)

Live Earth for me as well. She looked fantastic and I loved the setlist and the LIB reinvention and the transition to Hung Up. It was amazing!

Exactly! It's the boombox that won me over. :)

insta.gif

:dramatic:

Hmm I'd say Live 8. I was 16 at the time and I was a casual fan, but my jaw was just on the ground throughout the whole performance. It started with them showing an emotional video on the big screen of the plight in Africa, and then it showed the famous image of the dying baby girl that captured the hearts of the world at the original concert in 1985. Then Bob Geldof walked onto the stage and introduced that baby girl who was now a young healthy woman. He then announced that three BILLION people were now watching Live 8 then he introduced Madonna and she embraced the young woman from Africa and threw her arm in the air (which was all over the front pages the next day) and she then launched into her set. Like A Prayer was pure emotion. Ray Of Light was just awesome with her rocking out in the middle of the song and rolling around on the stage. And then Music where she danced her ass off and managed to get everyone in Hyde Park to sing along at the end for like two minutes, she even ordered the paparazzi to put their cameras down and clap and sing along which most of them then did (only a true music legend could get that to happen). And i'll never forget at the end of the performance my dad just went "aaand that's why she's the queen of pop".

Live Aid is iconic and I love her performance, but I have to pick Live Earth. The setlist is great (besides Hey You), she looked AMAZING, the version of LIB featuring Gogol Bordello is fantastic. The whole performance felt just like a huge party where everyone was invited. There was just so much energy :wow:

Oh, and the: "Madonna, the original MILF. She's extraordinary" at the end :lmao:

I voted for Live Earth.

BTW, when people talk about the Confessions era...i usually correct them for: "The Live 8/Live Earth" era...because Live 8 started what was probably the best time to be a Madonna fan last decade...and Live Earth ended that. We had:

- Live 8 (rave reviews, one of the best if not the best performance that day, everyone was rooting for Madonna again, after the American Life era)

- Hung Up comes out and blows everyone away, goes #1 everywhere (and #7 in the USA in a time when dance music was forbidden on radios and Madonna was "too old" to be played) and Madonna is the best thing ever again. Her catalog sales go up and it's cool to like her again, and everyone talks about her like it's the 80's. (at least in Europe). Her look is emulated by many celebrities, especially her hair and parkour is not an underground thing anymore.

- Confessions On A Dancefloor comes out, hits #1 everywhere and sells almost as much as Music in Europe (yeah...even with the music industry weakening every year!) and sells more than 1.2 million WW on first week ALONE, ending with 1.7 million in the USA and 9 million WW.

- Sorry hits #1 in Europe for 4 weeks, including countries like the UK and it's one of her most successful 2nd singles in years.

- The Confessions Tour starts with great reviews, and ends up being one of her best tours ever and her top grossing tour (by then).

- Get Together and Jump are moderate hits in Europe/South America...and especially Jump is a huge airplay hit almost everywhere.

- The Confessions Tour is released in 2007, sells more than 1.2 million WW (huge for a live release) and it's probably the best Madonna tour DVD we have so far.

- Live Earth happens and Madonna is again, one of the best that night.

What a GREAT time to be a Madonna fan!

1. Live 8 - amazing songs, top of her game performance, crowd loved it & I was so close I could almost smell her :)

2. Live Aid - that outfit; the tambourine; those songs, that crowd. Amazing.

3. Live Earth - watched it on the telly; 'hey you' indeed.

Live Aid . That was such an amazing performance and ( Where are they now?? ) Thompson Twins sang backing vocals for her on LMTWGR !