William Orbit again on ROL and MDNA

TearsInHeaven

meeting other Madonna fans on the street:

unnamed.gif

meeting other Madonna fans on a fan forum:

mean-girl-animal-fight-o.gif

So what's the point you're driving at??

MNation needs to recognize Madonna isn't the end all be all to her music?

That her contributions to her music have diminished in recent years?

I mean the first post of this thread is WO expressing frustration that Madonna doesn't get recognized nowhere nearly how she should be for the contribution to her own music.......something she has proven many many many times over throughout the years. Then you (a diehard fan) stroll in to make an appearance just to make a point to refute what he's saying by using your own opinion of MDNA as justification. I don't think anyone cares what your opinion of the album is, but when you try to dismiss the contributions to her own music, it's not gonna go over too well in these parts......just an FYI. :)

Obviously, her input can differ from album to album, that's always been the case.....I mean DUH. Sorry, but you MTribe people always seem to have this mission to come here and prove that Madonna just isn't the EVERYTHING you think we think she is. Just get to the point and stop trying to sugar coat what you are trying to say with the random "I'm the biggest fan....aren't I entitled to bitch amongst other M fans...."etc etc etc.

This thread.... :abuse:

William Orbit shouldn't have to stick up for Madonna. All artists have different strengths and it seems the media won't even acknowledge her strengths and talent while hyping up others up. Why do some of Madonna's fans so easily fall for that? William Orbit shouldn't have to speak up about Madonna's involvement in her own album.

For MDNA I believe Madonna had an idea for that album that didn't involve songs with somewhat of a similar vision. I sometimes wonder if Madonna doesn't always discuss with people she is working with what feeling or point she is trying to get across with a song or an album which is why William is puzzled. I feel that strongly with MDNA. I do feel Madonna is more open emotionally when she works with William and that's why the songs he is involved with are my favorite tracks on MDNA. He's right, there are some childish songs on MDNA but I don't have a problem with that because maybe she was feeling childish at the time. Madonna can deal with a lot because she doesn't take everything so seriously all the time. I tend to like her more serious songs because I take everything very seriously and I'm a mess for it, but I admire people who can let go and have fun. William also mentions about the job of being her while managing time. She's also the mother of four children. She was working on W.E. I'm sure William wanted an album where he shared the vision of the album with her but Madonna probaly was all over the place emotionally which might have also inspired moments of wanting to escape and I stand by her making the album she wanted to make in that space and time.

I love William and really respect his opinion and his feelings about the other work on an album that his name is on. I accept that Madonna had too much going on during the making of MDNA and that she didn't work with William as long as he would have liked but I believe Madonna had her vision for MDNA and accomplished it.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Madonna was going to make ROL with or without WO. Part of what makes the album great and courageous is her choice of songwriting partners.
Her choice of using him as a producer was a stroke of genius at the time, but I don't think anyone but the usual suspects were giving her the side eye... Those same critics are giving her the side eye to this very day.
William orbit is good at what he does, but to hold him in any way responsible for Madonna's career sustenance is a little foolish and ALOT selling her short as a sonwriter and producer.
He is, I think in his wordy and clumsy way, giving her compliments now for her skills as both.

Having followed her career and being a fan from the very beginning, I don't treat certain songs or albums or eras as if they were in competition with each other by different artists, I see some fans do do this. Not saying you're one of them, just clarifying my statement. :-)

THIS. RIGHT. HERE.

MDNA had a theme. It was Madonna reclaiming everything that was stolen from her.

:smug::queenbitch:

I've said many times that madonnatribe members act like they have Stockholm Syndrome, stuck in an abusive relationship, or took the song Till Death Do Us Part way too seriously.

:dead:

Guest Pud Whacker

Ha, ha...she's just gorgeous, the lighting, her makeup - most importantly her eyes and lips - Italian stunner!!!

:inlove:

So what's the point you're driving at??

MNation needs to recognize Madonna isn't the end all be all to her music?

That her contributions to her music have diminished in recent years?

I mean the first post of this thread is WO expressing frustration that Madonna doesn't get recognized nowhere nearly how she should be for the contribution to her own music.......something she has proven many many many times over throughout the years. Then you (a diehard fan) stroll in to make an appearance just to make a point to refute what he's saying by using your own opinion of MDNA as justification. I don't think anyone cares what your opinion of the album is, but when you try to dismiss the contributions to her own music, it's not gonna go over too well in these parts......just an FYI. :)

Obviously, her input can differ from album to album, that's always been the case.....I mean DUH. Sorry, but you MTribe people always seem to have this mission to come here and prove that Madonna just isn't the EVERYTHING you think we think she is. Just get to the point and stop trying to sugar coat what you are trying to say with the random "I'm the biggest fan....aren't I entitled to bitch amongst other M fans...."etc etc etc.

thanks for bring this up again and reminding me 'you can't say that here'...another warning from someone who took my words and turned them into something else. I strolled into the forum to join a discussion. I have something to say too. I left Mtribe because of nonsense like this. people turning on each other over some bullshit.

MY POINT of view was that Ray of Light was a very important album in her career and orbit helped make that happen...maybe not 100% responsible but he helped and I have a soft spot for that album...after others even question why people even like ROL and somehow overrated...

I also pointed out the difference of M's input in MDNA vs ROL and even Orbit makes it a point that she wasn't around as much. I then make the inference that maybe that could be a reason the album suffered. MDNA didn't do well for a list of reasons we'll never know the extent of but perhaps she wasn't as hands on this time around. what is so horrible about discussing that? I said 'shes not everything guys' in context of arranging/technical stuff in the studio. she cant do it all, we all know that. I know, you know, we all know who this woman is. you people attack me as if im not on your team.

To me Madonna is everything. if something I say sounds as if i secretly want to discredit her....then thats your problem.

Edited by RebelHart

thanks for bring this up again and reminding me 'you can't say that here'...another warning from someone who took my words and turned them into something else. I strolled into the forum to join a discussion. I have something to say too. I left Mtribe because of nonsense like this. people turning on each other over some bullshit.

MY POINT of view was that Ray of Light was a very important album in her career and orbit helped make that happen...maybe not 100% responsible but he helped and I have a soft spot for that album...after others even question why people even like ROL and somehow overrated...

I also pointed out the difference of M's input in MDNA vs ROL and even Orbit makes it a point that she wasn't around as much. I then make the inference that maybe that could be a reason the album suffered. MDNA didn't do well for a list of reasons we'll never know the extent of but perhaps she wasn't as hands on this time around. what is so horrible about discussing that? I said 'shes not everything guys' in context of arranging/technical stuff in the studio. she cant do it all, we all know that. I know, you know, we all know who this woman is. you people attack me as if im not on your team.

To me Madonna is everything. if something I say sounds as if i secretly want to discredit her....then thats your problem.

There's nothing wrong at all with anything you said. For some reason people are acting extra, extra sensitive around these parts lately. Maybe it IS a little too early to be espousing so many slightly controversial views when you've only just joined. Whether because of an influx of newer posters, some of whom ARE particularly stupid, and/or maybe the memory of some really nasty ones who joined here before from Mtribe and other famously negative forums...or just plain old gang mentality I have no idea. I guess you just need to settle in, get to know the place and you'll soon figure out the ins and outs.

I agree mostly with what he said. However, it's never a good look to put down another producer's work. Especially since Mirwais could very well say those same "not good enough" remarks about Orbit's contributions to "Music" :queenbitch:

Fair enough. Sorry, if I jump the gun but Tribers that come here often to seem to have an agenda of sorts. Welcome aboard. :)

Most of the times I don't even know how the fights start. I see a bunch of completely normal opinions, a few ironic comments and then suddenly a cruel and bloody war starts...

Back on topic. Don't forget that Orbit produced Gang Bang, Love Spent, and Falling Free the three most praised songs in the album...at least they are my favorite., It seems you're only focusing on Some Girls which is kind of lazy and Masterpiece that is too monotone.

My favorites are:

I Fucked Up

Beautiful Killer and..

I Don't Give a FUCK

I love GMAYL, TUTR and SS

Solveig is a GENIOUS!

Orbit is a bitter fart.

Ray Of Light is a brilliant album. William Orbit's bleeps and burbling noises were all over it. Those sounds contributed to the album's captivation. His sound is pretty unique. Obviously WO helped make that album both an amazing listen and commercial success. Let's not pretend otherwise.

Actually I think it was the power of the songs themselves on Ray Of Light that make the album what it is. I don't think anyone is pretending anything. Madonna's voice and where she was going on that album is the driving force. Why is this a William Orbit vs Madonna thread? Yes he produced the album but you have to have something to work with.

Actually I think it was the power of the songs themselves on Ray Of Light that make the album what it is. I don't think anyone is pretending anything. Madonna's voice and where she was going on that album is the driving force. Why is this a William Orbit vs Madonna thread? Yes he produced the album but you have to have something to work with.

I love William and Madonna together. They made magic tunes. I'm not pitching them against one another. What point are you trying to make?

I love William and Madonna together. They made magic tunes. I'm not pitching them against one another. What point are you trying to make?

My saying William Orbit vs Madonna is in reference to the general feeling of thread. My saying no one is pretending anything is in reference to what you posted. William Orbit has received praise for producing Ray Of Light. I don't think anyone was ever diminishing his contribution. Madonna had a vision for that album and her songs. To say "let's not pretend" suggests something else. What point are you trying to make? Do me a favour. Go read Rollingstone's review of Ray Of Light.

People in this thread have said William Orbit wasn't responsible for ROL's success. When he in part was. Don't want to do you any favours thanks. And what's RS's review got to do with things?

^ He's not equally as responsible for Ray of Light's success. He worked with an innovative, hard working, talented artist. Why do women have to apologise for being good? Or say well it really wasn't little ole me. Why does Madonna have to apologise for getting one ounce of praise? When people talk about Sgt Pepper do they go on and on about George Martin? Does any other man out there have to put the producers of their albums front and center???? Madonna talks pretty open about the people she works with. If someone named 10 iconic albums on here how many would know the names of the producers.

Then do yourself a favour and read it.

As I said before I love William and Madonna together. ROL was the success it was because it was the whole package. But I really think William's trademark production (unknown to most people at the time) made it sonically different to anything she'd done before and different to anything on radio at the time. He'd been using those sounds for years. Madonna would have known that and she knew it would resonate with listeners and that's why she worked with him. No one needs to tell me how hard Madonna works in the studio. But a major reason ROL was so big is because of Orbit's sound which gave the album its extra sparkle.

Not sure why you're bringing her gender into this.

:lol2: @ Pud's ignore list.

Newbies getting a rough time is just a quirk of this forum, tradition maybe a better word. Just suck it up and this too shall pass. I don't love everything about Madonna, and say so, but can honestly say I don't get attacked at all for it (anymore). Opinions are definitely welcome here, so long as ppl generally know you are a Madonna fan (let's face it, M has a lot of haters and ppl don't wanna hear that here all time, myself included; this should be a sanctuary to some degree). So, yeah, when "newbies" come here negative right off the bat or, apparently, if they're from neighboring forums that members here don't like, it doesn't go over well. As for me, to the newbies here I say :welcome: ........unless you're a gaga fan then gtfo cuz that's how I roll.

I don't understand why people are attacking Madonnatribe. It is the best Madonna forum that is the most respectable and it has intelligent Madonna fans posting there. Jealousy is not a good trait.

I have nothing against the people who run the forum and there are some intelligent people there, but there are also some people that just pick apart everything she does. I'm all for constructive criticism, but some people there take it way too far. They even criticized her tribute to David Collins saying it wasn't well written and too self centered. Also, there are some people there who wrote such lengthy posts on every topic. I think they just like to hear themselves talk rather than have an actual dialogue.

I used to browse MTribe a long time ago but around the Hard Candy era I stopped. The ego and belligerence of some of the members there really took the biscuit.

Rebel Heart

November 2014

Final tracklist [deluxe version]:

Holy Water

Living for Love

Veni Vidi Vici

Unapologetic Bitch

Rebel Heart

Iconic

Inside Out

I Can't Wait

Blood Moon

Art for Freedom

Revolution of Love

Rebel Heart [Disclosure Remix]*

Iconic [Avicii Remix]*

Special Dog*

Body Shop*

The Naaaaaaaaaa Song*

(* deluxe edition bonus tracks)

This forum IMO, seems more robust...more users and information. I was taken aback tho yesterday and worried I may be dealing with the same problem I had over at the tribe. I LOVE debate and sharing ideas but I forget sometimes that not everyone is in the mood for debate. the straw on the camels back for me was the moderator started editing people posts 'edited by moderator' it would say...I saw it throughout the various threads. respect is golden but censorship is no good.