New album thread: "official" information. UPDATE: Diplo tweets about "hot" songs

Guest Rachelle of London

I always heard of Daft Punk. Here in the UK they've been famous for years. I don't think they owe Madonna or Mirwais anything. They're stars in their own rifhts

Daft Punk got really famous with "Da Funk" in 1995, it became a huge hit that year, and they also had a huge hit with their single "Around The World" from the same album. Long before Madonna worked with Mirwais. Either way, Daft Punk and Mirwais' music doesn't really sound the same. Mirwais has been active since the early 80's, but he wasn't exactly a household name.

Have any of us mentioned or considered she might pull a JT and release a double album? Contract fulfilled, and then your and release her music independently thereafter? I only say this because there could be a lot of leftover tracks from the previous sessions earlier this year, or so it was stated by that producer/songwriter.

Just a thought. Album 1 in fall, album 2 in spring.

The double album idea has crossed my mind. She is collaborating with so many different people this time, and admits there are "so many good songs." I don't know if she'd release them separately, but it would be a new strategy for her and not a bad one. One album to take advantage of Q4 sales and another to hype the tour launch in the spring (assuming she starts it then).

However, releasing them together would probably be a good bet for a platinum record in the U.S. (since they are counted as 2 sales for 1 if the total time meets RIAA requirements). I don't think Madonna cares that much about her certifications anymore though (and maybe never did).

I've always wanted M to release an epic 2-disc set. Like the Smashing Pumpkins or NIN did in the 90's. I know we got Evita and Celebration, but one is a soundtrack and the other is her hits anthology.

I like the idea of a 2-album set! That would be totally unexpected.It would be a really diverse album.Remember those early rumors about her wanting to make a ballads album? On a 2-album set,she would have plenty of room to include alot of ballads throughout.

One of the albums could be the 'commercial' one while the other album could feature darker,edgier sounds.The possibilities are endless.

Double albums are always a bit tricky really, who sits down and listens to one that often?

I would prefer 2 separate albums (if she has enough good songs!) released a few months apart.

There was talk of an orchestral album a while ago, I'd love something like that.

13 song with 13 producers (Avicii, Diplo, Pharrell W.?, S1?, Toby Gad?, Martin Kierszenbaum, Ariel Rechtshaid?, Nick Rowe?, G.Moroder?, Disclosure?, MoZella?, + ? + ? + ?

13 song with 13 producers (Avicii, Diplo, Pharrell W.?, S1?, Toby Gad?, Martin Kierszenbaum, Ariel Rechtshaid?, Nick Rowe?, G.Moroder?, Disclosure?, MoZella?, + ? + ? + ?

Some of the producers and writers were together in the studio at the same time so they were working on the same songs together. Mozella, S1, Tony Gad, Martin and Ariel were there at the same time.

Yeah, way too many collaborators for my taste. I don't understand what she has against sitting down with ONE or maybe two producer/songwriters and making a cohesive, intimate album (and I consider Erotica and COADF intimate, so I don't mean M and a guitar). I would also love a 10 or 11-track album with maybe one bonus track for iTunes and international. No 15-track deluxe with filler.

Double albums are always a bit tricky really, who sits down and listens to one that often?

Plenty of people who love music, love albums that are a 'listening experience', have patience, and don't need to be immediately gratified in a couple minutes like these kids today.

I would also love a 10 or 11-track album with maybe one bonus track for iTunes and international. No 15-track deluxe with filler.

Definitely. I only want the very best songs, in a cohesive running order.

Yeah, way too many collaborators for my taste. I don't understand what she has against sitting down with ONE or maybe two producer/songwriters and making a cohesive, intimate album (and I consider Erotica and COADF intimate, so I don't mean M and a guitar). I would also love a 10 or 11-track album with maybe one bonus track for iTunes and international. No 15-track deluxe with filler.

This.

She might be out of ideas. Hence working with several collaborators to see what sticks.

Guest whatatramp

:rotfl: I found this from The Guardian -

"I wanted her to do these animal impressions," he says. "I had a whole list of them." But he changed his mind about working with her: "I'm not interested in doing it just to make millions, like a lot of other people. If I did it, that's all interviewers would have talked about for the rest of my career." He found Madonna's interest in him almost vampiric. "Her whole career's been like, 'Oh, they're the trendy person of the moment, I'll work with them to make me younger.'

Same old vampire shite. FUCK YOU APHEX TWIN!

please.gif

That would be great in theory but a lot of these dj/EDM people like Avicii and Diplo don't have the time to sit down for extended periods of time and write songs with one artist. They have a heavy schedule previously booked of dj gigs all around the world that they are committed to. That's how they make money through their dj gigs not through writing tracks for artists.

She wrote many songs with different writers/producers for Ray of Light ( Susannah Melvoin, Rick Knowles, Babyface, Orbit, Patrick Leonard, Marius de Vries) until she had the vision of what she wanted her album to sound like. Natacha Kills, Mozella and even Avicii may only get a writing credit in the end or co-producing credit. She did that before. Check out Music credits too...Mirwais, Orbit, Sigsworth, Talvin Sigh, Mark Spike Stent, Damian le Gassick...Even on Confessions : Mirwais, Price, Joe Henry, Bloodshy & Avant, Bagge & Astrom... The only recent album she did with one writer-producer is American Life and even on this one there's a Stuart Price track , one with Monte Pittman and one with Guy Sigsworth. So relax, that's her usual method of working right here. She exchanges ideas lyrically and then look for the sound she wants the record to sound like. There's a good chance Disclosure will end with the final co-producing job since they come last and she seems completly head over heels with them. Pharrell may only be giving her some advices on the tracks and direction just like Rick Rubin did on Ray of Light.

She wrote many songs with different writers/producers for Ray of Light ( Susannah Melvoin, Rick Knowles, Babyface, Orbit, Patrick Leonard, Marius de Vries) until she had the vision of what she wanted her album to sound like. Natacha Kills, Mozella and even Avicii may only get a writing credit in the end or co-producing credit. She did that before. Check out Music credits too...Mirwais, Orbit, Sigsworth, Talvin Sigh, Mark Spike Stent, Damian le Gassick...Even on Confessions : Mirwais, Price, Joe Henry, Bloodshy & Avant, Bagge & Astrom... The only recent album she did with one writer-producer is American Life and even on this one there's a Stuart Price track , one with Monte Pittman and one with Guy Sigsworth. So relax, that's her usual method of working right here. She exchanges ideas lyrically and then look for the sound she wants the record to sound like. There's a good chance Disclosure will end with the final co-producing job since they come last and she seems completly head over heels with them. Pharrell may only be giving her some advices on the tracks and direction just like Rick Rubin did on Ray of Light.

Preach. I was about to give the ROL example.

He did?!