MDNA Tour - No Grammy Nominations

Nightshade

http://www.grammy.com/nominees

Read 'um and weep. No Grammy noms for Madonna's tour DVD. A category she usually is at least nominated in.

I wonder if the DVD debacle had any industry opinion effect? Maybe people feel like she's gotten enough love for her tours? Did Universal or Live Nation bother to submit it for voting?

I thought it wasn't submitted?

Oh? Did someone post something I missed? It would certainly explain a lot.

If that's true, I am kind of disappointed in M's team. It's the one category she usually has a good shot in.

A silly award doesn't replace the hours of pleasure in watching and enjoying this show. I'm sure Madonna doesn't care either. I've always got the impression, it wasn't about winning awards with her. And I find that those who have great commercial success rarely get nominated or win for their work. In many cases, a lot of the acts/artists nominated are never heard of until the nomination or win.

Sticky & Sweet Tour wasn't nominated, either, was it? (and let's not say, "Well, it wasn't as good as MDNA Tour," because we know the Grammys, overall, has never been about honoring the best).

Nope. Confessions Tour was and rightly won, but no S&S.

maybe she didn't submit it..

and anyway, the grammys are horrible. the worst of the worst. a pretentious mess to make the already pretentious jerks feel even more pretentious about themselves.

putting both brave and roar in the same category proved just what a popularity contest it became. i just hate them.. always have.

A silly award doesn't replace the hours of pleasure in watching and enjoying this show. I'm sure Madonna doesn't care either. I've always got the impression, it wasn't about winning awards with her. And I find that those who have great commercial success rarely get nominated or win for their work. In many cases, a lot of the acts/artists nominated are never heard of until the nomination or win.

yep! let's be honest she isn't as award driven as some of the other young starlets who think it's very important for their "status". she just wants to do her thing. but I do think she loves those guinness record mentions & biggest tours though ;) other than that I don't think she cares really. she isn't the one who demands tv or radio shows to name her "best selling female artist" or "queen of pop" for an interview either ;) even though she is ;)

What is quite interesting is that I do think that she takes Film awards, specificially the OSCARS far more seriously. She definitely plays it cool regarding her dismissal as an actress or a director. I've always got the impression she's always aimed for an Oscar.

The Grammy awards are simply not what they used to be (if even at that). Somewhere in the last decade or so, it became a popularity contest, to gain more ratings.

The VMAs are a joke. The AMAs have always been a light-weight award. Billboard awards have always been on the fun/lightweight side too.

I don't think there really are any music awards programs that are regarded with the respect/reverence in the way the Oscars are. The Grammys used to have that... and the young artists still seem to think that...but over the last decade and a half or so, it's a joke.

Even a number of professionals who have slaved away in the industry, and won, have said how Grammys, and award shows in general, kind of mean nothing.

Kind of shows just how far the music industry has really fallen.

What category are we looking at? I can't find it through key words, "Live" "Tour" "DVD"

Best Music Film

I think the category was renamed as it used to be Best Music Video, Long Form.

I totally forgot that S&S wasn't nominated either. I guess maybe we can just expect that she won't be up for any Grammy awards going forward. It seems like it is hard enough for her to get nominations for her music alone.

And the award for: best grain special effects and DVD noncompatability goes to....................... drum roll please............................ MDNA!

Cheering from the crowd, and one sad lady gaga, who wishes she had now added grain to the monster ball tour!

VogueMusic- the Grammys has never been about awarding/nominating the best in music. Have you perused the archive? :) Sure, over the years, some great works have won, but, overall, it's been non-threatening, commercial acts/music- why else wouldn't Madonna have received nods in major categories until 1998? Whether several instances of Record of the Year, and LAP for Album (and even in a lesser category- Pop Vocal- Paula Abdul/"Straight Up," while enjoyable, was nominated the year that "Like a Prayer" wasn't- uh huh). Shameful, that NARAS is.

VogueMusic- the Grammys has never been about awarding/nominating the best in music. Have you perused the archive? :) Sure, over the years, some great works have won, but, overall, it's been non-threatening, commercial acts/music- why else wouldn't Madonna have received nods in major categories until 1998? Whether several instances of Record of the Year, and LAP for Album (and even in a lesser category- Pop Vocal- Paula Abdul/"Straight Up," while enjoyable, was nominated the year that "Like a Prayer" wasn't- uh huh). Shameful, that NARAS is.

You're totally right. Grammys have always been a joke anyway

I suppose that is true. All these shows are a popularity contest at the end of the day.

But I do remember a time when the Grammys (and other shows) did seem to have a little more, I don't know, something to them. Maybe that's because the overall talent in the industry was actually pretty amazing at that time, and they were regularly seen on these shows. In the last couple decades, or so, the overall talent pool, and the work itself, just seems a far cry from all the great acts of the past.

I don't understand why the grammy's dont have categories for actual concerts (without regards to a concert video). She would win every award.

The video for MDNA was not that great...i've watched all her tours millions of times, but this one is almost unwatchable with the editing.