MDNA Tour - No Grammy Nominations

Nightshade

I think the MDNA Tour is fantastic. Stunning tour film. But whether one liked it or not... It deserved to be recognized.

oh well. On to the next tour.....

Yeah, I was thinking it would get at least a nomination since it was the biggest tour of 2012. So strange.

I realize people are like "Grammy Awards suck anyway, who cares?" but I think it's always nice when she gets some industry recognition. It's not the end all be all of her career, but it would've been nice to look forward to the ceremony thinking she might have a shot.

I hope we get some news on her next big project soon. I want 2014 to be an exciting year.

It doesn't deserve a nomination the whole editing and quality of the dvd is appalling and cheap

It's a shame considering the actual tour was one of her best work of arts,

It doesn't deserve a nomination the whole editing and quality of the dvd is appalling and cheap

It's a shame considering the actual tour was one of her best work of arts,

The BluRay/DVD issues are, again, NOT Madonna's fault. That's a fuck-up on the part of the production/manufacturing company. Even she's pissed about it.

That being said, I completely disagree. It absolutely deserved recognition.

I think it was a mistake for her to take that 360 deal with LiveNation. At the time, I thought it would be great since I felt Warner was holding her back and not treating her with respect. Now—and I can't believe I'm saying this—I would like her back with Warner.

If MDNA had been a Warner release we would have gotten the following:

Promotion (You laugh, but I'm sure Europe would have known about this album's existance.)

Physical CD singles (Oh how I miss them!)

A DVD release that wasn't fucked up

Submission to the Grammy's

I'm sure there's more, but that's what comes to mind. Even though Madonna herself didn't care to promote, there were things that could have been done for both the album and DVD to make the general public aware. It's a fail on both LiveNation and Interscope.

it's a very weak concert with too much politics and has a lack of classic hits for the fans.

Well, I guess everyone's entitled to their opinion, but what exactly makes this concert 'very weak' for you?

It can't be the choreography, since that one is one of the most complex M ever did. At the age of 54. And it certainly can't be the dancers that were 'very weak'.

Was it M herself that made this concert 'very weak'? Hard to reason such an opinion, when she was immensely energetic and powerful on stage than hardly ever before. The dance moves she did were more complex than the ones in her first tours, when she was 25 years younger. Her voice has improved a lot as well and while it might not reach the level of Adele, I don't see how her vocal performance on Masterpiece, Love Spent or LAP was 'very weak'.

Outfits? Well, that's a thing of personal taste, but if her Transgression looks are 'very weak', what are most of her other looks she spotted the years before?

Can it be the technological aspect that one can find 'very weak' ? Hardly. Stunning light shows, moving blocks on stage and video screens that never had such a huge size and crisp video resolution than before. Backdrops, props? Nope, she never made more use of backdrops than she did now, which one might count as a negative thing, but the backdrops themselves often were comparable to music videos in terms of quality. Props were perfectly used and enhanced the performances (Gang Bang) and not unnecessarily scattered throughout the show.

So, what is weak? You named the setlist, well ok, the show's called MDNA Tour and started 2 months after an album called MDNA was released, so I totally get you it's very upsetting for us fans she did not perform the LAV album, but besides that, what else? Her political speeches can hardly be a reason, since those made up 5 minutes of the 120 min concert. Or did you only go to the show to watch Open Your Heart and Masterpiece? Or do I not know of other parts of the show where there were too much politics? I can certainly see why performances like Girl Gone Wild, GMAYL, I'm A Sinner, Vogue and Like A Prayer can be considered very political.

So please tell me what exactly makes you post such a statement, because right now I believe it's rather your opinion that is very weak.

Well, I guess everyone's entitled to their opinion, but what exactly makes this concert 'very weak' for you?

It can't be the choreography, since that one is one of the most complex M ever did. At the age of 54. And it certainly can't be the dancers that were 'very weak'.

Was it M herself that made this concert 'very weak'? Hard to reason such an opinion, when she was immensely energetic and powerful on stage than hardly ever before. The dance moves she did were more complex than the ones in her first tours, when she was 25 years younger. Her voice has improved a lot as well and while it might not reach the level of Adele, I don't see how her vocal performance on Masterpiece, Love Spent or LAP was 'very weak'.

Outfits? Well, that's a thing of personal taste, but if her Transgression looks are 'very weak', what are most of her other looks she spotted the years before?

Can it be the technological aspect that one can find 'very weak' ? Hardly. Stunning light shows, moving blocks on stage and video screens that never had such a huge size and crisp video resolution than before. Backdrops, props? Nope, she never made more use of backdrops than she did now, which one might count as a negative thing, but the backdrops themselves often were comparable to music videos in terms of quality. Props were perfectly used and enhanced the performances (Gang Bang) and not unnecessarily scattered throughout the show.

So, what is weak? You named the setlist, well ok, the show's called MDNA Tour and started 2 months after an album called MDNA was released, so I totally get you it's very upsetting she did not perform the LAV album, but besides that, what else? Her political speech can hardly be a reason, since those made up 5 minutes of the 120 min concert. Or did you only go to the show to watch Open Your Heart and Masterpiece? Or do I not know of other parts of the show where there were too much politics? I can certainly see why performances like Girl Gone Wild, GMAYL, I'm A Sinner, Vogue and Like A Prayer can be considered very political.

So please tell me what exactly makes you post such a statement, because right now I believe it's rather your opinion that is very weak.

My hero :)

I think it was a mistake for her to take that 360 deal with LiveNation. At the time, I thought it would be great since I felt Warner was holding her back and not treating her with respect. Now—and I can't believe I'm saying this—I would like her back with Warner.

If MDNA had been a Warner release we would have gotten the following:

Promotion (You laugh, but I'm sure Europe would have known about this album's existance.)

Physical CD singles (Oh how I miss them!)

A DVD release that wasn't fucked up

Submission to the Grammy's

I'm sure there's more, but that's what comes to mind. Even though Madonna herself didn't care to promote, there were things that could have been done for both the album and DVD to make the general public aware. It's a fail on both LiveNation and Interscope.

:headbang::clap:

What is quite interesting is that I do think that she takes Film awards, specificially the OSCARS far more seriously. She definitely plays it cool regarding her dismissal as an actress or a director. I've always got the impression she's always aimed for an Oscar.

maybe thats why she purposely didnt submit "Masterpiece" for an Oscar? It did win Golden Globe you know..

Well since the award is for the DVD and not the tour itself, it doesn't deserve one. Shitty mess of a debacle.

Poor Madge spent editing the DVD for half a year and get this shit thrown at you by your own fans..

Poor Madge spent editing the DVD for half a year and get this shit thrown at you by your own fans..

Well, what should we say about a DVD with numerous severe production errors? There aren't many nice things to say about the release when it comes to picture and sound quality, and even less nice things to say when it comes to how the whole situation was handled. People in Europe are still waiting for a revised edition, 4 months after the original release.

The whole release IS a debacle, Xanthie just stated the truth. He did not criticize Madonna with that statement nor did he offend her. We know it's not Madonna's fault anyway.

Well, i guessed that she didnt submit the song - masterpiece was to make a higher chance for elton john to be nominated n win in the best song written for a visual media grammy.... else she dont really care much about the grammys.....

I think its criminal that both masterpiece n mdna tour missed out in their respective categories....

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, if the nomination was for the show itself, then yes it deserves to be nominated. If the nomination is for the recording of the show, then no. The film quality, editing, and audio mix was a mess.

i have to say... i do not like how the show was presented. it feels as if everything was put through an instagram filter. i suppose it was to hide wrinkles or something... but i do find it difficult to watch sometimes.

i have to say... i do not like how the show was presented. it feels as if everything was put through an instagram filter. i suppose it was to hide wrinkles or something... but i do find it difficult to watch sometimes.

i saw the show twice from the golden triangle and her face didn't look wrinkly at all. she had this white translucent foundation, which hid all her imperfections.

• 4 weeks later...

maybe thats why she purposely didnt submit "Masterpiece" for an Oscar? It did win Golden Globe you know..

"Masterpiece" was ineligible for an Oscar, shockingly and disappointingly. In order to be eligible, the song has to be originally written for the film and must be used during the film OR MUST be the first audio cue after the credits roll.

Due to a technicality, "Masterpiece" is invalidated because it is not used during the movie and the credits begin to roll over the last few frames of the film, where part of Abel Korzeniowski's score is still audible.

Sad, but true. (And kind of a silly rule, as credits used to run in front of motion pictures long ago, so ... that would have invalidated a lot of music in the past. Although I don't know how long this category has been in existence.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest RinoTheBouncer

F*ck the Grammys. The tour was No.1 of it’s year and Top 10 of all time. That’s bigger than any Grammy.