October 30, 2012 - Kansas City

I don't understand these reviewers saying the Superbowl performance was 'panned'. It's been mentioned in at least half a dozen reviews so far this tour.

I've not read a single bad review of her performance nor heard a single criticism from any average joe who watched it.

So where is this coming from? It was the pinnacle of her bloody career.

I love reading all these positive reviews from USA. Love the Halloween reference too !

I don't understand these reviewers saying the Superbowl performance was 'panned'. It's been mentioned in at least half a dozen reviews so far this tour.

I've not read a single bad review of her performance nor heard a single criticism from any average joe who watched it.

So where is this coming from? It was the pinnacle of her bloody career.

I thought the only person who panned it was that ghastly Piers Morgan. He hates everything about Madonna anyway so his opinion did not count. Seemed to receive rave reviews but we all know how the mainstream press like to try and tear Madonna down so they might try to say now that it was panned. She just keeps defying them though.

If im not mistaken it was because of piers's predictable nasty tweet the AP said "her halftime superbowl performance received mixed reviews" instead of "amazing" or just "good". just because of him. every review was raving her. at least that i know of in the states.

This sold out in 12 minutes, right? Why didn't they add a 2nd date? One of the Canadian dates sold out quickly too & they didn't add a 2nd date. :mellow:

I think it was just the way the schedule worked out. The Kansas City date (although planned from the beginning) wasn't one of the dates that went on sale until March (unlike the others which went on sale in early February). I think it was Live Nation's strategy this time to capitalize on the U.S. market by having M play smaller cities in between the big ones and some dates could only accommodate 1 night. St. Louis was always planned 2 nights after KC, so there would not have been room to add a night unless she wanted to do 3 shows consecutively - same situation for Montreal and Ottawa.

I imagine promoters in the smaller cities probably weren't sure about hosting 2 nights with the economy in the shitter and M's performance in those markets somewhat unproven since she hasn't been there in a while (or ever in some cases). I am sure if they could've Live Nation would love to do 2 shows in 1 city everywhere. It simply makes more money not having to move the rig for another show some place else.

They tend to remove vids of EY and Vogue. They don't touch anything else.....

They also have removed videos of LAP. It's my favorite from the show. I never get tired of seeing it, it moves me every time. Bummer they block that.

Sold out in 12 minutes? Yes, the little mount of tickets that initially were put up for sales may have. :) These companies love spinning that old "sellout" term. Why one must wait for final numbers- or the show itself- to determine if that's actually so (or close to it). People are always scrambling to get tickets in the few days leading up to a show, especially when it's an act like M.