UK CHART - THE SHOW IS OVER SAY GOODBYE!

horn

Guest Xanthium

So how do my beloved Brits think GGW will do on the UK charts? I smell a BOMB. I just can't get into GGW at all. It just makes me cringe. Instead of being drawn to it, I recoil. Thank God Benny's influence on the album is minimal. I still like GMAYL as a song (not a single) and TUTR sounds really promising. I hope Orbit saves the day. Masterpiece is very pretty.

I still like GMAYL as a song (not a single) and TUTR sounds really promising. I hope Orbit saves the day. Masterpiece is very pretty.

This. I like GMAYL but i don't think it is a strong lead single even with that amazing video. I'm too more interested in TUTR and thank god Orbit is on board. Masterpiece is not anywhere near his best work with Madonna but i have faith in him.

Guest Xanthium

This. I like GMAYL but i don't think it is a strong lead single even with that amazing video. I'm too more interested in TUTR and thank god Orbit is on board. Masterpiece is not anywhere near his best work with Madonna but i have faith in him.

I definitely have faith in him too. He seems like a person who wouldn't attach his name to garbage. I'm sure he stands up to Madonna unlike Solveig or Benassi who probably were Yes Men in the studio. Weren't there reports that Madonna was sweet with Orbit but a taskmaster with Solveig and Benassi? This shows she sees Orbit as an equal or at least she knows he's got the goods and she wants to be on her best behavior with him. I'm crossing my fingers for Orbit to bring this MDNA plane in for a safe landing.

I'm not expecting much chartwise unless she does promotion. If the thread about her recording a video in March in London is true, it wouldn't surprise me if she does some tv and possibly radio promo in which case it could do ok.

However, if she doesn't do any tv, I doubt it will get any major airplay. Also, we've all downloaded the original version so where's the incentive to pay for a download in four weeks when we're getting the album!?!? It's like GMAYL, I want to buy something but there is nothing!

As for Orbit, I can't get excited about those tunes if they still think GGW is the best choice for a single and TUTR is the supposed third single.

but wasn't the argument "if the song is bad it doesn't chart"?

The song has really polarised people again so some say it's great and some say it's bad so who's right? Only time will tell and we find out the general response and see its chart performance.

So how do my beloved Brits think GGW will do on the UK charts? I smell a BOMB. I just can't get into GGW at all. It just makes me cringe. Instead of being drawn to it, I recoil. Thank God Benny's influence on the album is minimal.

I don't think it will do well at all.

She'll be lucky to scrape the top 20. I can't see the general public warming to the song at all.

I still don't understand how she thinks GGW is that different to what is on the radio.

This is exactly the type of music that is played in the radio and music channels expect its by younger

acts.

That's the problem yeah - it's a real tough one for her.

I really like GMAYL and now also GGW - but they're not earth-shatteringly good - they're just good catchy pop songs.

I DJ in nightclubs and people aren't asking for Madonna and if I play a GMAYL remix the reaction is just OK. When I play "Titanium" or "We Found Love" or "Domino" the place goes nuts.

I felt Madonna needed to come back with some totally mindblowing stuff in order to matter. Fact is her new songs are just almost as good as stuff by Rihanna, Jessie J, Pixie Lott, etc. etc.

When I first heard GMAYL I remember I thought "if that were Pixie Lott's new single I'd say it's not as good as her last one". That is NOT a compliment - but GMAYL and GGW are in the same vein as pop songs from all those younger hit-single girls, yet not any better! "We Found Love" totally wipes the floor with GMAYL and GGW for instance.

Madonna putting out decent dance-pop songs just isn't good enough any more - and the way things are going for her here, it's gonna dawn on her pretty soon.

:bad::chuckle:

I was thinking Madonna should come back with something like this

:sassy::wow::demonic:

Isn't it EYE-RAW-NIK that this thread, started as a joke, now has a really ominous RING OF TRUTH to it :(

Have to laugh at some of the detractors saying it's like Guetta etc. I'd be creaming my pants if she'd written/released TITANIUM.

Really?

It's a billion times catchier/better written/sung/constructed/produced than Madge's latest opus to dancin'/Mr. DJ/havin fun. But that's a different thread.

Yeah, it'll probably scrape the UK top 20 then die a death so let's hope for an Orbit 3rd single - if it's not too late by then.

The song is amazing and my headphones are on fire. Whether it's number 85747876534689875433446778 or number 1 I still love it. Whether it's Adele level success or worse than marry the flop, I really don't care. It doesn't matter to me.

Guest Xanthium

Isn't it EYE-RAW-NIK that this thread, started as a joke, now has a really ominous RING OF TRUTH to it :(

Have to laugh at some of the detractors saying it's like Guetta etc. I'd be creaming my pants if she'd written/released TITANIUM.

Oh my yes! That is an awesome song!

I'm not expecting much chartwise unless she does promotion. If the thread about her recording a video in March in London is true, it wouldn't surprise me if she does some tv and possibly radio promo in which case it could do ok.

However, if she doesn't do any tv, I doubt it will get any major airplay. Also, we've all downloaded the original version so where's the incentive to pay for a download in four weeks when we're getting the album!?!? It's like GMAYL, I want to buy something but there is nothing!

As for Orbit, I can't get excited about those tunes if they still think GGW is the best choice for a single and TUTR is the supposed third single.

Where did u read that? hope its true!!

but Celebration hit no.3 in UK. This isn't too different..or is it?

I have been signing them interchangeably they're so similar. But I actually think Celebration is better overall...it has that harder sound to it (that I like). I like the lyrics/concept of GGW better though and simply think that what I don't like about it as a whole song is the intro music which comes to the fore again in the chorus, and her screechy 'hey-ey-ya' and emphasis on 'WILD!' It's so cheesy.

Where did u read that? hope its true!!

It came from the Kazaky dance group(?) tweet. They were saying they are recording a video in March with Madonna in London. People are assuming it's GGW but she's recorded that unless this is extra bits. Some others think it's for a tour video.

I agree.I don't want a depressing album in which she sings about her divorce,broken promises and broken hearts.Let Adele do that kind of music!

I disagree, I loved AL and want a depressing album from her. But, I know she can't do that at this point in her career.

Maybe Madonna will be in the UK more like an album artist, just as has happened to Take That? Because maybe Madonna fans are not into downloading... Just a tought. Take That are selling loads of albums (MDNA was heavily preordered in UK, i guess?) but they are not topping the charts in terms of singles.

About Celebration: everything is a question of taste, i don't find Celebration up there in Madonna's standards, but it had a madonnesque sound, that "an invitation to the dance of life" that has been present throughout her career.

Acko: you are right about the piano.

Guest Xanthium

I'm afraid that MDNA is becoming Madonna's Discipline. :scared:

Which is funny because while I definitely think the singles for the MDNA era so far are very lackluster (I'm being civil here), I think the two first singles from Discipline are really good (Feedback, Rock With U). And I haven't liked a Janet album since 1997. I really hope Madonna isn't turning into Janet musically. One thing that I love about Madonna is that she learns from her mistakes. I hope that if GGW bombs (and I have a feeling it will) that she learns from it and comes back next time swinging. Janet seemed to be getting her footing again with the beginning singles from Discipline but unfortunately the album itself was boring and a non-event.