Are you freaking out right now?

Apples388

There has been so much hype about this album in the media and in the fan community. In this post-Gaga pop landscape, many believe it's 'make or break' time for Madonna, especially as she's been considered to have gone off the boil in the past few years or so.

It was all looking great with the list of collaborators and the suggestion of a more 'substantial' piece of work but then, slowly, the excitement turned into a guarded anxiety as the suggestions of a cheerleader-esque Superbowl performance with the likes of Minaj and MIA started to rear their head and then before you could say "Hold up wait a minute me put a groove in it"...

230px-Nagasakibomb.jpg

The leak.

Pandemonium in the fan community, mixed receptions in the press.. of course it is all a somewhat reassuring measure that she is still relevant in that a mere demo can cause this hysteria but...

are you keeping the faith as a fan or are you starting to think that this.. may.. be.. it?

I never freak out. The great thing about being a Madonna fan is that if she gets her assed kicked, she'll be back with stronger ammunition the next time. And let's face it - even if this next era is a disappointment there will be plenty to enjoy from it: a new ballad, a tour, and a first time performance of her biggest hits at the friggin' Super Bowl. All is not lost. :)

Guest Not4Pussies

i just wasn't expecting that type of song as the first single. the pop princesses are doing far better and more innovative things

i am hoping the final version of GMAYL is ten times better than the demo.

i fear a 4 minutes fiasco

I think she needs a very big hit this time. As big as Hung Up was. We like it or not, she's in direct competition with Lady Gaga now, at least under the public eye. If she embarrases herself that's her big end, at least for a while.

I don't think anyone has any reason to be "freaking out." Whether you think the DEMO is great or shit, there's still an album's worth of material to count on. If the LAP video, SEX book, American Life song/video/album, CT crucifixion, adoptions, etc. could not finish her, then I doubt one light, poppy, tailor-made-for-radio song will end it all. For all the bad that this song's received, there's just as much good.

I'm inclined to believe this is a joke thread, but some people are really treating 'Give Me All Your Love' as if it marks the end of something. Talk about dramatic.

@Abraham, both Guy O. and Martin Solveig have said it's the demo version.

one track doesn't make a whole album for sure...and we look at it from our "fan" point of view with our "Oh i want another Like a Prayer or Express yourself" perspectives and although we can say people +30's can be called her fanbase, younger people think different to us...do i really think California gurls, Tik Tak, Poker Face, We found love are great songs?..NOPE!..but they were huge hits regardless...and i can see Madonna still having hits in her 50's, whether there'll be US hits or not depends on so many things we cannot even predict... I hardly doubt this will be it, for IT to be IT would mean that she retires from Music or dies eaten by vicious pop princessess...for Godsake, even Tonny Bennet managed to score a Billboard 200 number 1 in his mammoth age so why would it be the IT for Madonna?

drama_queen.jpg

As far as her biggest commercial success, she's obviously way past that. So, there should be no worries that this is "it." I do hope she experiences some creative sparks, which is more important- but, then again, shes had so much of that as it is, so no matter what she does, her legacy is in tact.

As far as her biggest commercial success, she's obviously way past that. So, there should be no worries that this is "it." I do hope she experiences some creative sparks, which is more important- but, then again, shes had so much of that as it is, so no matter what she does, her legacy is in tact.

:thumbsup:

I think she needs a very big hit this time. As big as Hung Up was. We like it or not, she's in direct competition with Lady Gaga now, at least under the public eye. If she embarrases herself that's her big end, at least for a while.

well...we could argue some of what's being played and performed out there is quite embarrassing as well...and she did have VERY EMBARRASSING moments in her career as well, or do you think the next album is gonna have all embarrassing tracks? I truly doubt it

GMAYL is her Gimme More :lol: It wont end anything. But in this current form it will probably underperform in the world. :think:

It can still be a medium-sized hit in the US. Im still positive.

There has been so much hype about this album in the media and in the fan community. In this post-Gaga pop landscape, many believe it's 'make or break' time for Madonna, especially as she's been considered to have gone off the boil in the past few years or so.

It was all looking great with the list of collaborators and the suggestion of a more 'substantial' piece of work but then, slowly, the excitement turned into a guarded anxiety as the suggestions of a cheerleader-esque Superbowl performance with the likes of Minaj and MIA started to rear their head and then before you could say "Hold up wait a minute me put a groove in it"...

230px-Nagasakibomb.jpg

The leak.

Pandemonium in the fan community, mixed receptions in the press.. of course it is all a somewhat reassuring measure that she is still relevant in that a mere demo can cause this hysteria but...

are you keeping the faith as a fan or are you starting to think that this.. may.. be.. it?

What slightly worries me is that I see a pattern from HC to the Celebration tracks to this of very lightweight tracks with no substance but also not substantial groove. They're all so airy fairy and fluffy, they're almost... KYLIE level. If you want to give dancefloor songs, at least give me BANGERS. This handsclaps and surf guitar shit doesn't cut it. If you want to be SEKSUAL, take a page out of Rihanna's book and go OH I CANT WAIT FOR YOU TO FUCK ME. Stop pussyfooting around. Take a chance. Enough with the forgettable, inconsequential tracks. Make a STATEMENT. And if it bombs, oh well. At least you went out swinging and not with a whimper.

I enjoy your loyalty and optimism but what do you consider as THIS IS IT time? You abandoning her? The public abandoning her? The media?

i think there is no this is it time, like for any iconic music figure. she'll keep making albums and touring til she retires from music and there will always be an interest in her back catalogue and performances.

I just know she's going to deliver with the album, I just know it.

I got good feelings all around with this new project.

Yeah, the new single may not be her strongest. But it's got potential. People will be jumping on the Madonna bandwagon again.

i think there is no this is it time, like for any iconic music figure. she'll keep making albums and touring til she retires from music and there will always be an interest in her back catalogue and performances.

There is interest in Michael from BEYOND THE GRAVE and after 20 years of child molestation scandals. Of course Madonna is and will be immortal. But if this album is more of the same, I'm afraid her time as a viable, exciting and relevant recording artist may be done. Not because of Lady G but by her own apparent indifference.

But if this album is more of the same, I'm afraid her time as a viable, exciting and relevant recording artist may be done.

lol have you heard whats on the radio? the worse it is the more chance it has. Madonna's fans on the other hand have been patient and hopefully the album itself will be good :thumbsup:

Madonna's has been etched too far into POP CULTURE and the Entertainment world for her to be dismissed. She's still ambitious and eager to prove to the world that she can do things that isn't expected of her and women. Not only that, I'm sure she's annoyed that people want to put a cap on her because of her age. She's still very well looked up to and has a huge fan base. She's determined to have her say and stay prominent in the entertainment industry.

This latest DEMO leak isn't as bad as her fan base and some of her detractors are making of it. In fact, unless someone is glued to entertainment sources or part of her fan base or among other DIVA fan bases, the rest of the world really isn't paying much attention. I am sure if I asked anyone I know who is familiar with Madonna of late, would have no idea a DEMO leaked of hers. Nor do I think if they heard it, they would make a big deal that the song or this next album is going to "make her or break her".

I've simply enjoyed her since the mid 80's without all these "expectations". While she IS my favorite entertainer, I don't "expect" she's always going to produce a massive hit or something magnificent album every time. Though, she is one of very few artists which I do enjoy as a whole... an entertainer. That will never stop for me.

This woman isn't going to be over until she's damn ready to be.

Hell damn no. She's had a pattern of coming back with a harder-than-ever bang whenever she gets to a low point. It's her specialty.

If you want to be SEKSUAL, take a page out of Rihanna's book and go OH I CANT WAIT FOR YOU TO FUCK ME. Stop pussyfooting around. Take a chance.

That's Madonna's handbook, it's the other way around. She hit her sexual peak in her 30s (as women do), at 53 the libido is dryn'up -- it'd seem ingenuine.

Guest groovyguy

I just know she's going to deliver with the album, I just know it.

I got good feelings all around with this new project.

Yeah, the new single may not be her strongest. But it's got potential. People will be jumping on the Madonna bandwagon again.

:thumbsup:

My biggest issue is that she's spreading herself too thin to create anything with substance. Between W.E., the gyms, the MG clothing line, the other clothing line coming down the line and the fragrances it all feels like she's grasping at straws to remain in the public eye when in reality she's Madonna. She doesn't need any of this. She's already an icon and in my opinion all of these endeavors (bar films/directing as she's always had interest there) are making her look desperate for relevancy.

Couple that with a song, that while fun in theory, sounds like a Katy Perry leftover. I thought that the "let me appeal to the kids" schtick was over, but it seems like it's still in full swing. "L-U-V MADONNA!" coming from a woman who has penned some of the greatest pop songs EVER just doesn't sit right with me. Here's to hoping that William Orbit brings some maturity to the table.

I'm not quite ready to write her off any time soon, but she's not making it easy.

I think that age plays a very negative role in Madonna's career right now. Let's face it, she's been capable of LOADS of things and she may change the "traditional" path of the female pop/ rock star: gone after she is in ther forties. She's been struggling since American Life. Confessions was very BIG, but not in USA. Hard Candy sold very well, but something was a bit wrong there.... That's why she needs a BIG MADONNA SONG right now. She's been capable of releasing very good songs and it seems logical that she tries to give her best with this new album. That's why GMAYL isn't good enough, at least in the demo version.

Another thing is how fun i find the song, haha.