Her LEAST exciting tour

I feel asleep watching Drowned World.

Now THAT was a crap tour.

I didnt like it at first but over the years i've grown to love it. The theme can really turn some people off but the theme of this tour is stronger then any of her other tours. This tour by far is put together better then any other of her tours regardless if you liked the show or not. You can tell they just took more time to put it together. Everything flowed and worked well together. I love how she showcases her voice when playing the guitar in this tour. She really shows beautiful emotion with her voice. She really went for it with the dark theme and I find it very artistic. I mean i prefer madonna being sexy and having attitude like in the girle show but I can't deny that drowned world tour was very well done!

Where did she recycle stuff?

Drowned World, not that it's not enjoyable, but it's not as fun as attending an up tempo show like Confessions or S&S.

Probably the same huge backdrop screens and staging is what seems recycled. Middle runway. Seems like all of these pop stars are using Jamie King for their shows.

Guest Not4Pussies

drowned world is my favorite, so dark, the setlist was a big fuck u i aint doing the hits,

she was so punk rock!!

reinvention... although i do love the beast within and vogue and the pits on the stage

it was just very blah and bare...it was her kabbalah tour

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

DWT was cool.

Girlie Show is my least fav. Boring as hell, and she looked like a fug dyke.

The rest i've enjoyed [some tours in pieces, Re-Invention/Blond Ambition ect]. Confessions is my favourite.

Shitty & Stale without a doubt and I don't buy this crap about the 2009 leg being better. I hope she starts her next tour outside of the UK because I won't be rushing to buy tickets until I've seen some evidence of its brilliance.

As for DWT - the ABYSMAL DVD has ruined its legacy. The show itself was an ENTHRALLING live experience, mainly because I hadn't seen her for eight years and she was doing all the new songs from the interim period. That said, I wouldn't rate it that highly alongside some of the others but the DVD should not be used as the method of judging it.

Guest bluejean

1. Blond Ambition

2. The Girlie Show

3. Sticky & Sweet

4. Drowned World

5. Reinvention

6. Who's That Girl

7. Confessions

8. The Virgin Tour

I love them all though.

Guest gloriesbarcelona

All of her tours are exiting. You can like one more than the others I suppose, but they are all amazing shows IMO.

And WTF?? with the Drowned World Tour bashing???? :confused: Joking right? :confused:

:wow:

Guest bluejean

You can understand why people don't like DWT. Imagine how much that setlist would have sucked for casual fans.

When I saw it (only on TV then DVD) it had been sooo long since Madonna toured and I was so excited about the whole thing. I guess at the time I was dissapointed by the setlist, but then again I knew and loved all the songs. It was following what I consider to be her artistic peak music wise (Ray Of Light/Music) so I just loved the whole thing. I wouldn't say it's her best by any means, but fuck it was cool at the time. Very cool. Even now I can sit through most of it without hitting the skip button. It was just very creative and very true to herself.

If I was going to see her live in recent times (I'm in Australia so we don't get her tours here), I would choose Sticky & Sweet or Reinvention. When you've never seen her you want to see the HITS.

Guest AntiVirgin

As for DWT - the ABYSMAL DVD has ruined its legacy. The show itself was an ENTHRALLING live experience, mainly because I hadn't seen her for eight years and she was doing all the new songs from the interim period. That said, I wouldn't rate it that highly alongside some of the others but the DVD should not be used as the method of judging it.

spot on !

The only tour of hers I saw live was DW, so it was a rather special moment for me. The production was just top notch and staging jaw dropping. I saw this at Atlanta..where the crowd energy was oddly wavering. They came alive only during the more familiar oldies section *which I think was a constant criticism leveled at DWT*

It's not like re-Invention lacked material of the most recent studio album like Cher's Living Proof Tour- that had just two songs at first, and then just one! Re-Invention incorporated "American Life," "Hollywood," "Nobody Knows Me," "Nothing Fails," Mother and Father" (with a bit from "Intervention") and "Die Another Day." That's a little more than half the album (and she's performed "Hollywood" live several times, and did "Xstatic Process" for that MTV special).

DWT was a grand experience. That was her f-you period, and I'm glad she did what she wanted. Plus, she had a few albums to cover, as she had not toured in more than seven years. Plus, it's not like the material wasn't strong enough. If you're not a casual fan then why give a rat's arse about how the casual fans felt? :demonic: I went with my sister-in-law, who's as casual a fan as they come, and she didn't know any of the ROL or Music songs, but she really enjoyed it (I gave her a preview of the lesser-known songs on the way there). I'm not as anti-DVD as some others- I like the look of it. Some are too "hung up" on the hair at the start of the show. :D

As for the segments- M's been dividing her shows into segments for eons. The only things she's really "repeated" were the sit-down-and-strum-the-guitar ("I Deserve It" on DWT and then "Nothing Fails" on RIT), the staging of "Don't Tell Me" on DWT and RIT (though the latter having some new bits thanks to the different music in spots), "Ray of Light" on guitar and oldies-but-goodies on guitar ("Burning Up" and "Material Girl" on RIT and "Borderline"/"Dress You Up" on S&S). I put quotes around "repeated" because, M is so known for changing things up that we take it for granted if she does a few guitar performances. Look at the guitar-oritned acts who don't do any staging, and just crank out the songs. And people love that, too.

This is a tough one because I only went to the Reinvention and Sticky Sweet tours, and they both were super exciting. And my top two are The Girlie Show and The Confessions Tours. Blond Ambition had great moments, so did Who's That Girl. So, perhaps the Virgin tour is the least exciting to me; I think it's fair to choose this one since it was her first, and her tours just kept getting bigger from then.

Guest Not4Pussies

i wasnt bothered by the DWT setlist

i knew every song and i became a fan when Ray Of Light came out

so i wanted that ROL tour we never got

and yes FUCK RIT!!

RIT..though enjoyable it is, compared 2 the others it was 'flat'.

Those who dont buy the brilliance of S&S round 2 r those who didn't attend round 2 are those who shouldn't speak. :fag: