THE Madonna/Lady GaGa Thread

akurren

I donno if I've ever seen a post from you without pointing out how threatened a Madonna fan is about something... how does it differ from your devotion to Britney Spears and hatred for Christina Agularia exactly?

Look closer. Can you please stop trolling me around the forum? If you cant be civil can you just stop being petty at least? I seem to have replaced Britney as your obsession du jour.

I'm honestly asking a question here. People just say OMG SHES BEING MADONNA but never actually bring any examples othen that pics of her with blond hair and red lips? If the resemblance is so skin deep then why is everyone so upset? I honestly DONT SEE IT, enlighten me.

madLady%20gaga.jpg

and there was pic of her wearing a similar outfit to this but I can't be bothered to search for it

madonna_narrowweb__300x447,0.jpg

and I'm not upset by it. I just don't care enough to be. I'm simply pointing out what I'm seeing , but maybe I shouldn't be doing that anymore :demonic:

If Lady GaGa openly admits to ripping off Madge, the loons will be furious.

If Lady GaGa says absolutely nothing about Madonna, the loons will be furious.

If Lady GaGa pays homage to Madonna, the loons will be furious and call her a theif.

No matter what she does, she'll still be viewed as that 'Theiving Fugly Joanne' by some, so why bother? :lol:

If Lady GaGa pays homage to Madonna, the loons will be furious and call her a theif.

No matter what she does, she'll still be viewed as that 'Theiving Fugly Joanne' by some, so why bother? :lol:

Yeah pretty much perfectly said.

I have grown in my admiration of Lady Gaga as of late. I think her finding inspiration in Madonna only enhances Madonna's legend because Gaga has made some really good music in a short period of time. And she is talented.

I have to make this observation. I watched "Party Monster" the other night and Lady Gaga is 100% what they were. LOL. Maybe she has made a reference to it that I am not aware but if not she totally ripped them off.

No. But funnily enough...guess who is the QUEEN according to THAT NYC club scene? Yup...Madonna. Gaga is living out a fantasy. She is playing out dress up of the rock stars and images she admired growing up. Just like teenagers who had big hair in the eighties spawned hair metal. It was a hangover from the 70s. Gaga is the hangover from THAT NY scene in the 80s and 90s. If you look at MANY of her costumes, they are inspired by them. She HAS done research though. My problem is not that she rips, but that she does it all so meaninglessly. Where, can anyway tell me, is there some kind of timeless meaning in her work? It's all just...pictures...of...nothingness. Perfect for the Goldfish mentality of today.

What is a Goldfish mentality?

it basically means that peoples memories last for about 2 seconds, the same as a goldfish

youre wrong. i'd applaude her for finally admitting what the world already knows.

Look closer. Can you please stop trolling me around the forum? If you cant be civil can you just stop being petty at least? I seem to have replaced Britney as your obsession du jour.

yeah I figured you'd have no answer yet couldn't help but respond. Sadly I don't think you're gonna find many posters willing to do as you say not as you do.

But those are just wearing the same costumes as her. Shes not BEING her. Anyway whatever this will never end one way or another and I dont want to make Supernatural even MORE upset.

If the tables were turned though and Madonna threw on something that one would consider "kooky" or "weird" we would have a 10 page thread on how Madnona has "lost it" and is copying Gaga. I distincly remember last year when Madonna wore those bunny ear things to some event and although it was a quiet roar, there WERE folks in here saying Madonna was trying to copy Gaga by doing that. I also remember there being a few comparisons to Gaga with Madonna's dress in the Celebration video....I guess cuz it's sparkly and has big shoulders....cuz Gaga invented that.

youre wrong. i'd applaude her for finally admitting what the world already knows.

Me too.

if she'd just admit it and stop pretending she's so brilliant and a living artwork i'd appreciate her a lot more.

yeah I figured you'd have no answer yet couldn't help but respond. Sadly I don't think you're gonna find many posters willing to do as you say not as you do.

THATS what you get from what I said? No answer to what? That I'm threatened by Christina Aguilera of all people? The one that Britney has eclipsed in success and popularity every step of the way? Why would ANYONE be threatened by her? Or the one about each and every one of my 16000 posts the number of which you have often used as a way to attack me talk about threatened Madonna fans? Um, no they dont. OBVIOUSLY. God, there's your answer. Why cant you help being petty and miserable ALL THE TIME

THATS what you get from what I said? No answer to what? That I'm threatened by Christina Aguilera of all people? The one that Britney has eclipsed in success and popularity every step of the way? Why would ANYONE be threatened by her? Or the one about each and every one of my 16000 posts the number of which you have often used as a way to attack me talk about threatened Madonna fans? Um, no they dont. OBVIOUSLY. God, there's your answer. Why cant you help being petty and miserable ALL THE TIME

No you still don't get it, I asked why it's different for you to have pop stars you like and dislike while a Madonna fan is always "threatened" God forbid they dislike anyone. If you could explain this I don't think you'd view it as an attack.

For a Madonna board where you think her fans are threatened, people were quick to throw Madonna under a bus when Lady Gaga was new and had promise.... now that her act is getting tired, and it's coming down to a whole bunch of rehash, the opinion is shifting to negative. I hear and see that everywhere not just here. :thumbsup:

I asked why it's different for you to have pop stars you like and dislike while a Madonna fan is always "threatened" God forbid they dislike anyone.

Don't hold your breath waiting for an answer. I've been asking the same question for 5 years and I've yet to get one.

No you still don't get it, I asked why it's different for you to have pop stars you like and dislike while a Madonna fan is always "threatened" God forbid they dislike anyone. If you could explain this I don't think you'd view it as an attack.

For a Madonna board where you think her fans are threatened, people were quick to throw Madonna under a bus when Lady Gaga was new and had promise.... now that her act is getting tired, and it's coming down to a whole bunch of rehash, the opinion is shifting to negative. I hear and see that everywhere not just here. :thumbsup:

Ding ding ding!....we have a winner. :thumbsup:

Oh, all this ass kissing is making me sick. Thread closed. I hereby declare that if Lady Gaga is gonna be mentioned in Madonna Discussion ever again, it better be for an important reason.

And Scrapple, Supernatural, etc, that goes for you guys too.