10 Awful Album Covers

Guest Hot Revolver

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

They got lost in the concept on the HC album cover. Nice idea, so-so execution.

It's not the worst on that list though.

What's with that girl shitting in the urinal for the Foriegner cover? :lmao:

The cover would have been much better without that tacky candy background.

And BTW I think that Brooks cover is much much worst.

Guest patrickovy

HC is awful when you compare it to Madonna other studio albums covers.

Edited by patrickovy

The cover would have been much better without that tacky candy background.

And BTW I think that Brooks cover is much much worst.

It should have been the boxing ring as it was in the original picture... that one was way better and most in her atleast agreed on that.. I don't get why they listen to the fans in the wrong moments (releasing Miles Away as a single) and not when they should have (not use this background version of the cover).. so dumb

that Brooks cover is disgusting fugly and it's an insult to Madonna that it's ranked as less bad than the HC cover which it obviously isn't... and I bet even the writer of this knows this... but they just had to diss Madonna

I love the HARD CANDY cover... it's more original than AMERICAN LIFE cover...

But the American Life cover was awful

that Che Guevara shit was just misleading and didn't fit the album at all..

I don't know if HC was more original though... but better than the AL cover that probably is her worst album cover to date...

Guest ursaminorjim

that Brooks cover is disgusting fugly and it's an insult to Madonna that it's ranked as less bad than the HC cover which it obviously isn't... and I bet even the writer of this knows this... but they just had to diss Madonna

But they aren't ranked - Madonna's not the number one worst cover. They're just ten awful album covers, there's no order to them.

I agree, there are worst albums covers, but as a Madonna fan, I just didn't like HC since the very first time, I still hide it so I can't see it.

Actually the one CD I have in my car, I just turn the page to one of the black images with the "my sugar is raw" lyrics as a cover :lol:

The Hard Candy album cover is very granny-fied and tacky. AL cover was great! Brooke Hogan's is definitely the worst of the bunch though.

Guest ursaminorjim

I'd say my biggest problem with the Hard Candy cover is that she's trying to look sexy.

Madonna should never have to try to look sexy.

Add that to the intentional air of tackiness (the gaudy colors, the kiddie font, the supergloss card stock, the preposterous outfit), and the whole thing collapses. She should've gone whole hog with it, made herself into a character, tarted herself up to match the aesthetic. Instead, she wanted to look "beautiful" as well as desirable and tough. And it just doesn't work. :confused:

I'd say my biggest problem with the Hard Candy cover is that she's trying to look sexy.

Add that to the intentional air of tackiness (the gaudy colors, the kiddie font, the supergloss card stock, the preposterous outfit), and the whole thing collapses. She should've gone whole hog with it, made herself into a character, tarted herself up to match the aesthetic. Instead, she wanted to look "beautiful" as well as desirable and tough. And it just doesn't work. :confused:

Have to agree with you. As someone posted on another forum recently - In recent years Madonna has become a kind of drag queen version of herself when she doesn't need to be.

i don't hate the cover but it IS very embarrassing :shy:

True.

Some years ago she said she was embarrasing for her 80's hair look style. I can't imagine how bad she'll feel 10 years from now and look at this atrocious image of her.

I love her so much, that hurts me when she does things like this.

Honestly. HC does not belong on that list. They just had to put it coz it's Madonna. There are way worse covers that didnt even make the list.

Bingo.