The Queen

FreeMySoul

Its true that this DOES make me appreciate Madonna more and the fact that so long in the game shes still putting out top quality stuff. Michaels descent into depression and unhappiness and the horrible decline in his work until it stopped altogether just puts how strong and creative Madonna is in perspective (also the fact that shes a work out nut and strong as an ox). Please never stop Madonna.

Guest Pud Whacker
Its true that this DOES make me appreciate Madonna more and the fact that so long in the game shes still putting out top quality stuff. Michaels descent into depression and unhappiness and the horrible decline in his work until it stopped altogether just puts how strong and creative Madonna is in perspective (also the fact that shes a work out nut and strong as an ox). Please never stop Madonna.

glad death brought you around. :thumbsup:

25 years on and her music and videos still bring me so much happiness. There are so many memories when I flick through my collection.

For all her achievements, I think she is underrated and under appreciated as an artist.

Guest Pud Whacker

hes back.

dude, im not the one that has to appreciate because of a death. well see how long it lasts for you.

This MJ thing made me think of that we COULD HAVE lost Madonna in that horse accident a couple of years ago. If she had fallen down just a bit different she could have been dead. Those type of accidents are really dangerous and she was very lucky. Just the thought of it...

There's no one like Madonna really. She's an icon in so many ways. The best pop artist of all time and someone to have great respect for, for so many reasons. After all these years and all the fame, still being a relevant act, but more importantly that puts her in her own league, is the fact that she's still grounded and didn't loose her mind after all these years. So many famous people have lost their minds and MJ was one of them aswell. The fact that Madonna, probably being the most famous female alive, still having control over her life and still being "normal", is just an achievement. She never had a public breakdown, although she could have easily had many. She's just too strong and too clever I think.

Madonna - the Queen of MUSIC and a role model for all.

They had a MJfan on one of the breakfast shows this morning. What he said struck me. He said imagine waiting TWELVE years to see your favourite singer in concert, buying tickets and looking forward to it starting in two weeks and then finding out they had DIED.

Guest Pud Whacker
albumfront_first.jpg

THE QUEEN

oh, ive been waiting for your comment!!! and you couldnt have picked a better representation. :thumbsup:

Being a Madonna diehard for almost 20 years now and being aware of her before that even, like Michael she's just omnipresent and I just can't imagine her not being here. She's always been there and she's never truly faltered. We've had a CONSTANT stream of music from her since 1983, she gets on stage and moves like she did when she was 25....probably even better now than in those very early days truth be told. I guess sometimes I still think this is the 80's or 90's....Madonna's still doing SOMETHING massive every couple years not to mention filling the gossip columns and occasionally pissing people off......like times before,Michael hides away for years but he was about to start yet ANOTHER big "comeback", I assumed the statue would be floating down the Thames soon......Prince is still consistent with his albums, releasing his mix of genius and pretentious.....in some ways it's like things haven't REALLY changed from the 80's and 90's.

Well....yesterday was a major slap in the face. Things have changed forever. It will never be the 80's or 90's again. Michael (one of the LEGENDARY trifecta) is gone....MICHAEL JACKSON IS DEAD. I just can't believe I'm typing that. Madonna isn't 30....she's 50. And I'm sure Prince wouldn't dream of going on stage shirtless in speedos, stockings and heels these days with his Jehovah Witnessed self....lol. Anyways, it just reminds me how FAST time goes and as I'm knocking on the door of 30 myself, it's a reminder that I'm no kid anymore either.

All of the discussions about Madonna should work with this or that person to maintain a level of artistry or she should work with this person for sales...blah blah....seems so trivial. WE ARE BLESSED that Madonna is WORKING period. That she is on top of her game and after watching S&S there is no doubt she still has that burning passion inside her. She's STILL got things to say and something to prove. Madonna did say just 10 short years ago that she was just "at the tip of the iceberg" of the things she wants to accomplish. :)

I can't say it enough....THANK YOU MADONNA FOR EVERYTHING!! We love you!! I look forward to many more memories!!

Guest Pud Whacker
All of the discussions about Madonna should work with this or that person to maintain a level of artistry or she should work with this person for sales...blah blah....seems so trivial. WE ARE BLESSED that Madonna is WORKING period. That she is on top of her game and after watching S&S there is no doubt she still has that burning passion inside her. She's STILL got things to say and something to prove. Madonna did say just 10 short years ago that she was just "at the tip of the iceberg" of the things she wants to accomplish. :)

I can't say it enough....THANK YOU MADONNA FOR EVERYTHING!! We love you!! I look forward to many more memories!!

:bow:

AND SHE CAN DANCE

AND SHES AN INSPIRATION

25 years of my life this bitch has had, and she can have the rest too

FABULOUS

i share all of your feelings.

This is a wake up call to appreciate how lucky we are that M is still

relevant and producing and still on top. WOW.

We are sooo lucky to have her in our lives.

I couldnt help thinking all day yesterday, that when someone iconic dies,

it seals the vault. every photo and video and song is history and there will never

be anything added to their legacy. Their work has been chronicled and locked.

very sad feeling.

Sorry but thats creepy.

Just hypothesizing the most iconic end she could possibly have. Michael Jackson dying at exactly 50 is something people are going to remember, and "Madonna dies in her sleep at age 74, ten years after burning out" isn't how it should happen.

I can't BELIEVE she was set to perform with Michael. God that would have been fucking epic, I can't believe it.

I said a few times here in the MJ thread that people wanting a tour and an album and a comeback weren't being realistic. He has been a shell of his former self for years and looked like he got winded just out shopping. These people are human. If Madonna needs to take a couple of breaks during her shows from handstands and rope jumping at age 50 to play guitar LET HER HAVE IT. Appreciate the good accept that bad and be happy she is still so very with us.

:)

Guest Pud Whacker
I said a few times here in the MJ thread that people wanting a tour and an album and a comeback weren't being realistic. He has been a shell of his former self for years and looked like he got winded just out shopping. These people are human. If Madonna needs to take a couple of breaks during her shows from handstands and rope jumping at age 50 to play guitar LET HER HAVE IT. Appreciate the good accept that bad and be happy she is still so very with us.

fantastic.

I have a feeling Madonna will get a tremendous reception opening night of the tour - the events will be recent enough that the crowd will prob be hyper with anticipation to see one of MJ's contemporaries - man, I'd love to be there, you fucktards that are going better record it and give us the blow by blow (and I don't mean what you get in the bathroom stall!)...

Guest jamesshot

Yes, we could have easily lost her when she fell off the horse. She almost fell on her head. She broke her collarbone and hand to keep herself from falling on her head.

She also almost died giving birth to Rocco from all accounts I have read.

She easily could have been taken early. Cherish her while she is here.

Couldn't have been said better. God bless.