"Miles Away" Worldwide Chart Thread

Ugly Hecty

The TV soap opera drama "Change" premiered in Japan today and this is the massive effect!

Miles Away is now at #2 on i-Tunes Japan behind Utada Hikaru's Prisoner Of Love which has already sold 1.5 million downloads alone there. Stupidly enough ORICON still doesn't count downloads in their official chart so Miles Away's massive success will never be reflected on there. :tongue:

English songs NEVER usually make the top 3 on Japanese i-Tunes. The last I heard of this happening was with Janet's Feedback and Backstreet Boys Inconsable making top 3 on i-Tunes there.

Other huge effect Change has done on i-Tunes:

#2 Miles Away

#11 4 Minutes

#57 Hung Up

http://ax.phobos.apple.com.edgesuite.net/W...mit=120/rss.xml

Miles Away will probably sell over 2 million downloads in Japan when all is said & done with the album selling over a million there alone. The TV tie-in was the best decision Warners ever made with Hard Candy!

Guest Hafo

Miles Away is also charting in the Tokyo Hot 100! At #47 this week.

Can't wait to read about HC's second week sales in Japan!

Utada's Prisoner Of Love is also used as the theme song for the TV Drama "Last Friends" with the quiet version used as the insert song. :horn: So if that song has sold 1.5 million already, imagine the sales that Miles Away will have. It'll blatantly become her biggest hit there ever. :D

The Queen of Pop Vs. The Queen Of J-Pop battle! :thumbsup:

I wonder what the ratings were for Change this week. :wow:

Go Utada. But I think that those Utada sales include ringtone downloads, let's remember that iTunes is not the biggest digi store in Japan. They'd rather downloads songs to their telephones, just saying.

And hello Hector :horn:

But the Japanese ringtones are included in their downloads chart and pretty much represent the majority of the digital market. Flavor Of Life has sold over 8 million digital sales alone with it's multiple versions mainly from ringtones while it's done 700,000+ on physical sales.

Hung Up was certified Double Platinum in December 2006 for selling over 500,000 ringtones - and the song was mega huge over there, I hear it reached #1 on the airplay chart for 11 weeks. :D

Japanese Hot 100 includes downloads from iTunes? If they do, then Miles Away could debut this week.

Japanese Hot 100 includes downloads from iTunes? If they do, then Miles Away could debut this week.

Sadly no, they only include physical sales & airplay as well.

Billboard Japan Hot 100 - http://www.tsutaya.co.jp/ranking/billboard..._100/j_100.html (Does not include downloads)

Billboard Japan Hot 100 Airplay - http://www.tsutaya.co.jp/ranking/billboard..._air/j_air.html (Japan's official airplay chart.)

Billboard Japan Hot Single Sales - http://www.tsutaya.co.jp/ranking/billboard.../j_singles.html (Only includes physical singles, and it looks almost exactly like ORICON's chart, so it's a bit useless).

Miles Away will only chart on the Hot 100 on airplay alone, which is looking strong so far over there. :D

In few years, Japan will be the only country to sell physical singles. Mark my words.

Guest marsha

amazing. too bad digital sales are not included. it's so 2003! would like this kind of deal on US TV

Give it to me for Ugly Betty, whatever

In few years, Japan will be the only country to sell physical singles. Mark my words.

what makes you predict that? how many physical singles does a #1 song sell there?

it'd be weird if JAPAN, which pretty much prefers high tech devices, would be the last to stay with the physical format...

Those sales will count for the single's international sales? Or not, due to the rule on the Oricon charts??

If yes, Miles Away will be in the United World chart next week!

Miles Away is now at #2 on i-Tunes Japan behind Utada Hikaru's Prisoner Of Love which has already sold 1.5 million downloads alone there. Stupidly enough ORICON still doesn't count downloads in their official chart so Miles Away's massive success will never be reflected on there. :tongue:

Wait a minute!

Was HC available on Japan iTunes? If yes, it means the total sales for HC in Japan would be even higher!

Funny thing is this is the first time Madonna's lead single wasn't released in physical format in Japan.

Yep, Miles Away is #1 on i-Tunes as of now! :D :D :D

We're sure to get many articles on it's download success very soon! And as you know, the album is #1 in Japan for the second week selling 33k!

Hm, taking into account that HC is doing relatively much better in Japan than in the rest of the world, could this mean that Miles Away is the single to sell the album? I think in Europe it has the potential to be a huge hit.

It's now #2 on the Japanese Itunes Charts :(

Darn.

It's still #1 on my live feed!

More chart information from Japan:

Miles Away is now #4 on the Japanese Daily Airplay chart with 4 Minutes down to #15.

And a new article from Hotexpress about Hard Candy:

◆ Madonna first time in 18 years two weeks in a row Oricon first place!

先日、17年ぶりの快挙としてアルバム『ハード・キャンディー』のオリコン1位獲得を報じたばかりのマドンナですが、何と2週連続でオリコン・アルバム総合ランキング1位を獲得していたことが分かりました! Recently, 17-year record of achievement as hard candy, Oricon to win first place recently reported that Madonna, Oricon album in only two weeks in a row to win first place in the overall ranking, it was OK!

これは彼女にとって1990年の『アイム・ブレスレス』以来、実に18年ぶりとなり、洋楽全体で見ても昨年11月のバックストリート・ボーイズ以来。 This is her, I'm Breathless in 1990, since the very first time in 18 years and look at the entire Western Music last November since the Backstreet Boys. 女性アーティストとしては約4年ぶりの記録になります。 Women are about four years as an artist record. また、前作『コンフェッションズ・オン・ア・ダンスフロア』は40ヶ国で1位を獲得し、ポップ・ミュージック史上No.1最多獲得国数の新記録を樹立しましたが、今作も既に36ヶ国にて1位を記録。 Also, the previous album Confessions on a Dance Floor, 40 countries are in a position to win the No.1 pop music history, winning the most number of countries set a new record, but this album is already 36 countries Recorded the first place. 自身の記録を上回る勢いを見せています。 Own records showed more than momentum.

さらにここ日本では、先日遂に放送が開始されたドラマ「CHANGE」主題歌としても話題の『マイルズ・アウェイ』をはじめ、着うた(R)等のダウンロード数も急上昇! Even here in Japan, will begin broadcasting the other day finally drama "CHANGE" as the theme song of the subjects, including Miles Away, song ringtone ® and the number of downloads has soared! 総合デイリートータルランキングでは、GReeeeNや宇多田ヒカルなどの並み居る強豪を抑え、大幅ランクアップを見せています。 DEIRITOTARURANKINGU is comprehensive, GReeeeN並み居るpowerhouses such as Hikaru Utada and less significant rank showed up.

8月23日からはワールド・ツアー【STICKY&SWEET TOUR】(スティッキー&スウィート・ツアー)を開催し、年内はヨーロッパから北米、メキシコや南アメリカなど世界中を駆け巡るマドンナ。 August 23, 2006 from the World Tour] [sTICKY & SWEET TOUR (Sweet & Sticky tour) at the end of the year in Europe and North America, Mexico and South America and the world-trotting Madonna. この勢いはどこまで続くのか、注目です! Where to continue this momentum, attention!

Wait a minute!

Was HC available on Japan iTunes? If yes, it means the total sales for HC in Japan would be even higher!

Hard Candy (Deluxe Edition) is #2 on Japanese i-Tunes with the original version at #11! :thumbsup:

To give an indication as to how huge digital sales are in Japan:

And according to an article from Hotexpress, Utada's Heart Station has shipped a million copies with total digital sales of the songs reaching 15 million in sales!

Digital Sales in Japan:

Flavor Of Life 8.2 million

Beautiful World/Kiss & Cry 4 million

Heart Station/Stay Gold 300,000+

Prisoner Of Love 1.5 million+

Rest of the album tracks from Heart Station: 1 million copies digitally.

Total Digital Sales: 15 million copies! :D

That's why I think Miles Away could easily do atleast as much as 2 million as Prisoner Of Love will most likely end up doing 4-5 million due to Utada's massive selling power. :thumbsup:

This sounds so much Janet & Mimi. Success in Japan to cheer, when it not doing so great in US and UK.

NOT DOING SO GREAT in US and UK?!? She went #1 in both, like in all the rest of the world!!! What charts do you check? The one of the spider porks attacking the earth? :lmao: