'WHY MADONNA'S 'MADAME X' DESERVES TO RANK AMONG HER GREAT RECORDS'

As many people said this album has to be listened to as a whole to be understood. If someone looks for "hits" and stand out songs they will be disappointed, then this is not the real approach to understand this album. As time goes by I realize more and more why this is one of her greatest records and it remains in my personal top 5. 

On 9/22/2019 at 10:31 AM, PDC717 said:

The sentence in bold is completely true and the ultimate bottom line, but I can't help but think that a few hundred 55-65 year old gay Cher stans are furiously sending hate emails and social media replies to Attitude lol. (Even though all she has released in her 60s and 70s is a stunningly generic dance pop album and a beyond-pandering ABBA covers album.)

Very true but Cher really isn’t a songwriter, nor a dancer. She is a chameleon however and a great entertainer & actress. 

On 9/21/2019 at 4:20 AM, Voguerock said:

But why? What makes you think it's not Grammy material? 

It is but she doesn’t really have a team and dedicated record company giving a hard campaign push all year long to Shammy voters to consider the album the way they do with Beyonce and Taylor.

18 hours ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

It is but she doesn’t really have a team and dedicated record company giving a hard campaign push all year long to Shammy voters to consider the album the way they do with Beyonce and Taylor.

Exactly. That's how it works, these days.
All these awards are bought, one way or the other.