Jump to content

STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

It's charted at 87 from Wednesday release and the video just two days ago. It's only just going in radio 2 A list from tomorrow. And we have the BBMA. It may rise. 

No that's a full week of sales. It didn't chart last week when It only had two days of sales

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

We have to be realistic here.......Madonna is never going to be able to compete with the "new" crop of stars in terms of streaming numbers. This really shouldn't be unexpected. To me, this is why the releasing on a Wed vs. Fri isn't that big of a deal when it comes to M. Yes, doing so probably would've guaranteed her an entry in the lower half of Hot 100.....which is a great thing but does it REALLY matter that much at the end of the day? BIM was the only RH single to make the chart and most people here shit on that song still. 

It sounds cheesy but for 10+ yrs some of Madonna's most diehard fans have been dismissing her yet many have come around to Medellin and the whole Madame X "reinvention". That in itself is a huge achievement. I have no doubt the album is going to be one of her best and I do think those that are fans of Experimentaldonna will absolutely love it. I do think though that we're about to gain some big perspective when it comes to her possibilities of commercial success going forward. The past few albums, it's always been blamed on bad single choices, lack of focus or passion with the music, bad "featurings", terrible promo, her "rushing" things etc. This time though (minus the releasing on a Wed thing) all boxes for success have been checked. Yes she's Madonna, the most successful female artist of all time, yes she's a legend, yes she's THE BEST......none of those things change the fact though that she's a 60 yr old woman playing a 20 yr old pop star game. In terms of commercial success, things just aren't going to come easy. It's not right but that's the nature of the beast at this point unfortunately.

Agreed 100% on all counts!! cheers!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

Taylor broke Youtube. People obviously like really really boring sex. 

I dont know her. Is it that basket ball player chick that played guitar backing on Ghosttown?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

I dont know her. Is it that basket ball player chick that played guitar backing on Ghosttown?

Back to trolling again. Why do you keep pretending to not know singers ? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Back to trolling again. Why do you keep pretending to not know singers ? 

 

jesus, that was a joke, dear.

and if you really need to know, i can only remember one song of hers and that Ghosttown performance, thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

I'm on holiday now so I have time :sneaky:

it's on loop with me the whole day already haha

well at least we can try

I hope is on loop as part of a short play list.:) You see,  If you only play it by its self, it will be seen as spam and the views will be ignored. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

YT has bee  stuck with 7.818 for ages. A glitch?

for more than an hour now, but I see the like dislike changing.  so, not sure what is going on...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

No. She's her cleaner.

Haha..I only know her from the Madonna connection. I see people talkin about her in these forums but have no interest whatsoever.

I assume shes just another dull fad of the times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, dollhouse said:

Haha..I only know her from the Madonna connection. I see people talkin about her in these forums but have no interest whatsoever.

I assume shes just another dull fad of the times.

She's a 'I would rather have a wank than have sex with you' kind of pop star. Dull as dishwasher, IMO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CalinB said:

for more than an hour now, but I see the like dislike changing.  so, not sure what is going on...

strange, now we cant follow, she could be close to 10m and we cant say..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dollhouse said:

Haha..I only know her from the Madonna connection. I see people talkin about her in these forums but have no interest whatsoever.

I assume shes just another dull fad of the times.

Shes been popular for 13 years so no not a "fad."   Dull, yes very.

i think the youtube views are frozen because of Taylors video. It will go up soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kim said:

Will you please stop spreading this FALSE information. 

And yes, I do have a youtube account (with over 6 mil views) and can see the hourly (even down to the minute in fact) metrics for every video including my own views being counted -  especially before I even make a video public, the only views reflected in the count are mine and It does NOT stick at 1.

As I said to you in another thread, youtube does NOT reveal what algorithm it uses, but for chart purposes, 10 views per day per user are counted in the UK and it's probably a similar number in other countries

How cute. If you don't believe me do your own research. Have a wonderful weekend..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

 Felicidades Madame X por llegar a 4,000,000 de vistas en menos de 2 día !!!  Estoy obsesionado con esta canción increíblemente adictiva !!! La VOZ de Maluma lo es todo y hace el contraste perfecto junto a la de Madonna... AM💘 el ... 1, 2 cha-cha-CHA!!! AYAYAY 💋

 

 

Typing Maluma's voice is everything is SO OUT OF CHARACTER for me LOL. The things you do for love.

Thank you!!! can you change it to two days... please! Also, can you translate the two below. Please!

Is anyone interested in posting these two?  I have way to many posts already... 🙂 But will do it if I don't hear back.

Two things i'm adding to my daily vocabulary:

1. One Two cha cha cha.

2. Slow down papi.

 

 

If u like Madonna
Raise your hands 
If u don't like Madonna
Raise your standards!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

people need to realize that the song was released with only two days left to chart

this will be a new full week for sales (which i wonder if it outsold those two days), streaming, video views (which is also for only 2 days - plus views coming from worldwide). and who knows about radio. lol.

i will be shocked if it does anything on monday chart wise.....once billbored hits she needs to keep performing the song on t.v. every damn night to get monument going but she never does this so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, CalinB said:

Thank you!!! can you change it to two days... please! Also, can you translate the two below. Please!

Is anyone interested in posting these two?  I have way to many posts already... 🙂 But will do it if I don't hear back.

Two things i'm adding to my daily vocabulary:

1. One Two cha cha cha.

2. Slow down papi.

 

 


If u like Madonna

Raise your hands 

If u don't like Madonna

Raise your standards!

- 2 días

- Dos cosas que voy a añadir a mi vocabulario:

1. One Two cha cha cha

2. Slow down papi

- the third doesn't make as much sense in Spanish as the verb you would use for raising your hand is not the same you'd use for raising standards and if you use the same anyway it sounds weird. The less weird one is probably:

- Si te gusta Madonna

Sube las manos

Si no te gusta Madonna

Sube tus estándares!

But sounds kinda weird.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, tuckeye said:

people need to realize that the song was released with only two days left to chart

this will be a new full week for sales (which i wonder if it outsold those two days), streaming, video views (which is also for only 2 days - plus views coming from worldwide). and who knows about radio. lol.

i will be shocked if it does anything on monday chart wise.....once billbored hits she needs to keep performing the song on t.v. every damn night to get monument going but she never does this so.

Well if she performed it every night then there would be no shows left to promote the album on. Haha    Hopefully they have an extensive album promo release week planned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, tuckeye said:

people need to realize that the song was released with only two days left to chart

this will be a new full week for sales (which i wonder if it outsold those two days), streaming, video views (which is also for only 2 days - plus views coming from worldwide). and who knows about radio. lol.

i will be shocked if it does anything on monday chart wise.....once billbored hits she needs to keep performing the song on t.v. every damn night to get monument going but she never does this so.

I agree I think people are getting concerned to early.

i think the week following BB whilst she is in the states with Maluma she will do promo on TV before she goes into Eurovision rehearsals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Dany Targaryen said:

How cute. If you don't believe me do your own research. Have a wonderful weekend..

You're wrong, it's as simple as that, and I did do my research.

Oh, and I just uploaded a small clip to youtube and viewed it a few times. 11 views, one IP.

2019-04-26.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Kim said:

You're wrong, it's as simple as that, and I did do my research.

Oh, and I just uploaded a small clip to youtube and viewed it a few times. 11 views, one IP.

2019-04-26.jpg

 

giphy (8).gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I should say that youtube allows you to view your own video a max of 300 or so times (from your own account) before it stops counting. To further test it, I signed out my account, used a VPN and viewed it a few more times. All were counted as views!

As far as charts go, 10 of those views (per IP) would count per day in the UK (I did my research) As for the US, it's probably similar but I can't find an actual figure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Kim said:

I should say that youtube allows you to view your own video a max of 300 or so times (from your own account) before it stops counting. To further test it, I signed out my account, used a VPN and viewed it a few more times. All were counted as views!

As far as charts go, 10 of those views (per IP) would count per day in the UK (I did my research) As for the US, it's probably similar but I can't find an actual figure.

I thought a VPN was used to view the dark web so there's no trace.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I thought a VPN was used to view the dark web so there's no trace.

Well it just changes your IP address/location, what you choose to do with it is up to you! I have a free version that I use to download some TV shows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...