New album thread

What about American Idol now that it’s back with Katy Perry? 

She premiered GMAYL video there isn’t?

The final 4 live shows are on:

4/28 5/5 5/12 5/19

She can definitely do the first two of May, since she will be in Israel since May 14 to rehearse, but the show is averaging 8M too.

BMA are ok plus Cardi, Ariana and Maluma are nominated she will be in good company. 

2 minutes ago, Samo said:

It's funny Madonna has performed on ALL these shows the last 4 years (Ellen a whole week, Fallon, Corden, BBMA), remember back in the mid to late 80s/early 90s when she did practically no TV performances?

None for the release of TB or LAP

Agree she didn't do much beside interviews but she did this. Not many but how Iconic this is 

She can do Fallon and Co. later on.

An awards show is more fitting for the debut of a lead single. Think Hung Up at EMA's.

It's gonna be BBMA, that's a no brainer..

14 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

unfortunately in the current music climate those are the big names

:lmao:

I wish they would stop trying to make Normani happen. She's never going to happen. We can also count on useless Jello Lopez being there peddling her current flop single. Probably will see Ariana too, but at least she's talented.

I feel like all these tv shows (fallon, awards, etc.) represent risks at this point. What is the likelihood that the viewer connects, and also, viewership is increasingly declining. Is it a worthy investment to perform? I feel like the answer is: not really. M might as well do a youtube live showcase anywhere and get similar impact imho. What about going back to the little live perormances at selected cities? She did that for awhile (Brixton for Music, several for AL, Coachella for COADF, and then one for HC at some radio show). She could get some healthy viewership if recorded or streamed live.

The Voice Season 16 will end mid-May as well. Finale viewers rating have gone down in the last two seasons from 12 mill to 9 mill, so they might be looking for a big act to bring a bigger audience.

1 hour ago, HolidayGuy said:

The 1996 Billboard award was for Artist Achievement, so it wasn't a "Lifetime" award, which Madonna supposedly isn't a big fan of. But, I'm sure she wouldn't mind the exposure. I had mentioned the BBMA a few weeks back as a possibility. We'll see.

Yeah I get what you're saying...but the way that it was all presented was clearly meant as an "hommage" thing for her then 13 year career and all that she achieved until that point.

5 hours ago, strictmachine said:

I’m concerned mike dean ended up being the main producer of the album and not the fabulous and talented mirwais

Mirwais's instragram posts regarding Madonna make it seem he had a significant hand in the project. That gives me hope.

7 minutes ago, Adriano said:

can someone suggest mike dean produced songs? i have no idea... 

He is a famous music producer, so I am all in!

why can't she do ALL of these shows. I hope she does them and more in america.

and i also hope that if true of 2 singles that BOTH drop within weeks if not same time of each other.

2 hours ago, YannBouch said:

She needs to host AND perform SNL

Would be amazing but no chance for that to happen this year. Line-up for the final three shows:

May 4 Adam Sandler / Shawn Mendes
May 11 Emma Thompson / Unknown Musical Guest
May 18 Unknown Host (rumored to be Amy, Tina and/or Maya) / DJ Khaled

She can be the musical guest for the May 11th show (Mother's Day episode) but it seems rather unlikely.

Just now, Beastialg said:

Would be amazing but no chance for that to hapen this year. Line-up for the final three shows:

May 4 Adam Sandler / Shawn Mendes
May 11 Emma Thompson / Unknown Musical Guest
May 18 Unknown Host (rumored to be Amy, Tina and/or Maya) / DJ Khaled

She can be the musical guest for the May 11th show (Mother's Day episode) but it seem rather unlikely.

Well she did show up to that special episode in 2012 I think? So a surprise appearence could happen but yeah no performance.

24 minutes ago, rocknrolla said:

The appearances might not help a song much, but might help sell tickets for the tour.

Remember Gaga performed million reasons many, many times so she got a top five hit.

SuperBowl effect

27 minutes ago, rocknrolla said:

The appearances might not help a song much, but might help sell tickets for the tour.

Remember Gaga performed million reasons many, many times so she got a top five hit.

She only got a top5 because of the Super Bowl + a discount on Itunes!

4 hours ago, Samo said:

Yeah they suck but EVERYONE I know watches  them and posts stuff in Facebook and other social media

I like Jimmy but Madonna performing BIM did zilch for RH, she needs a BIG US awards show and career retrospective/special award to remind the public...

I’m not arguing against an awards show performance, but ... what exactly were we going to notice from the Jimmy Fallon performance? BIM (song) had been available for download since the December iTunes early album download (first six tracks) as a knee-jerk reaction to the leak. I forget exactly when it happened, but I don’t think BIM was even a single then — she was performing a different album track for a different market (even though I think LFL was the current single/video). The BIM video was finished/released for consumption yet. 

And part of the value of Fallon and these kinds of shows now is the YouTube re-watch (or first-time views for people who don’t stay up and watch in the first place). If I recall correctly, there was NO official upload of the performance from Fallon or Madonna .... right? There was a YouTube clip of her doing her stand-up, though. And excerpts of the interview. And maybe the “Holiday” with classroom instruments (which was cute and did a little bit of social media work for her). 

My memory could be bad, but this is how I’m recalling it. I thought there was a small rise in BIM on iTunes after Fallon (as reported after) but I could totally be hallucinating. And then there was no way to build on it. No new content to download yet. Fallon was enthusiastic about it, though, and lauded her work ethic and dedication to rehearsal, so... I think it was positive from a PR standpoint. But if one is looking for a massive sales boost, it’s kind of understandable why it wasn’t there.

UPDATE TO ADD:

She performed BIM on Fallon on April 10, 2015. BIM had been available for download for more than three months at that point. And the single (remixes and video) weren’t released until June (two months later). 

Edited by peter
addendum

After the Fallon performance, the album bounced back into iTunes top 20, and stayed for some time, so it definitely helped.

I believe because it was a fun and unique performance, plus the fact that she had good chemistry with Fallon, she came across well.

The week with Ellen was too much and the performances weren't memorable.

10 minutes ago, rocknrolla said:

After the Fallon performance, the album bounced back into iTunes top 20, and stayed for some time, so it definitely helped.

I believe because it was a fun and unique performance, plus the fact that she had good chemistry with Fallon, she came across well.

The week with Ellen was too much and the performances weren't memorable.

Thanks — that must’ve been what I was remembering. And it kinda makes sense it would be the whole album, rather than just BIM. Fans already had it. GP who weren’t as tuned in “discovered” it then. 

I was mistaken — it was April 9 ... YouTube clips uploaded the following day. And “Ghosttown” was the current single by that time, not LFL.