New album thread

TXIII

29 minutes ago, TXIII said:

Did we ever see the white board during the RH sessions? 

I don’t think so because when the leaks started to happen in November, they went overdrive and rushed things so she stopped posting studio stuff.

Im happy for the team, this must be exhausting for M, Lauren and Mike, but job is job. I like to see them committed with the album.

Also what if the African choir was scrapped for the children choir? I doubt that we are going to get two choirs, maybe they only changed that.

2 hours ago, robster said:

"I Don't Search, I Find" is a famous quote by Picasso. It was a form of critique regarding the 'searching' artists. Picasso only knows how to work, can’t do anything else. He thought the great risk is producing for its own sake. That you must never force things. You just have to wait.

Interesting to learn about this Picasso connection.

Remember that nasty German artist who was contacted by Guy Oseary via Instagram? His pictures reminded me of Picasso, too, so maybe it’s going to be part of the theme. But I don’t know how this will all work out on the same album: Picasso, Portuguese music, African beats, African choir, children’s choir, Mirwais‘ Disco song...

5 hours ago, robster said:

A little comparison. Since the last list was posted she has now approved all songs except the last blank one and Mirwais has finished two mixes of songs!

Madonna - Magic.jpg

A few thoughts. I think the song is called “dark bullet” not ballet. I also think the album will be called ‘Magic’ as it makes sense as their first album was called ‘Music’ and she keeps hash tagging #music #magic

9 minutes ago, mrsmith said:

A few thoughts. I think the song is called “dark bullet” not ballet. I also think the album will be called ‘Magic’ as it makes sense as their first album was called ‘Music’ and she keeps hash tagging #music #magic

Dark bullet makes little sense though. 

Guest eroticerotic

I like killers as lp title. Like as in killer (Hot) tracks, also has multiple meanings; each track has a problem to “kill” (resolve) title sounds s provocative , unexpected 

Madonna’s new album is now almost ready for mastering, which is the final stage of a recording process.

As we can see from one of Madonna‘s latest Instagram stories, almost every track has now been mixed and is ready for final processing.

We can decipher that Madonna has approved all the 15 tracks listed on the working board. Mostly, mastering is important to make an album sound cohesive. It is also imperative to be sure that the album sounds good across systems: from hi-fi speakers to low budget speakers and headphones.

When the mastering is done – which takes not longer than a couple of days – the album is ready.

https://www.drownedmadonna.com/2018/11/15/madonnas-new-album-almost-ready-for-mastering/

3 minutes ago, BrendanT1993 said:

Madonna’s new album is now almost ready for mastering, which is the final stage of a recording process.

As we can see from one of Madonna‘s latest Instagram stories, almost every track has now been mixed and is ready for final processing.

We can decipher that Madonna has approved all the 15 tracks listed on the working board. Mostly, mastering is important to make an album sound cohesive. It is also imperative to be sure that the album sounds good across systems: from hi-fi speakers to low budget speakers and headphones.

When the mastering is done – which takes not longer than a couple of days – the album is ready.

https://www.drownedmadonna.com/2018/11/15/madonnas-new-album-almost-ready-for-mastering/

Yeah that’s pretty much all the information on this forum, summed up for dm! 😂😂😂 mastering doesn’t take a few days. It can be weeks but as we’ve all known all along, she’s close to finished and will have her Xmas vacation while they master and get it ready for early 2019

does anybody else think that maybe she is filming in the studio possibly for some netflix  behind the scenes special or something ?  I’ve never seen her in tracksuit / sweatpants / looking so... casual... in the studio.

6 hours ago, robster said:

"I Don't Search, I Find" is a famous quote by Picasso. It was a form of critique regarding the 'searching' artists. Picasso only knows how to work, can’t do anything else. He thought the great risk is producing for its own sake. That you must never force things. You just have to wait.

She really admires Picasso, she mentions him very often in her interviews 

4 hours ago, dollhouse said:

this NASTY song blocked Express Yourself from USBillboard NO.1.

BURN IT WITH FIRE.

Do you remember "we chose love"? 😄

11 hours ago, karbatal said:

What I recall is that she was labelled the new Madonna when she released More Than You Know. There was a bit of drama when she got the number one spot with this song, blocking Express Yourself. Then Martika disappeared as all wannabes have done since (unless supported by the mob).

We could also add that Martika was more stilish  lol

1 minute ago, systemvalues said:

She really admires Picasso, she mentions him very often in her interviews 

Do you remember "we chose love"? 😄

We could also add that Martika was more stilish  lol

And one of the most talented. I love her a lot!!! 

And I agree with Picasso. He's one of her favourites! 

3 minutes ago, karbatal said:

And one of the most talented. I love her a lot!!! 

And I agree with Picasso. He's one of her favourites! 

I love that she loves art. She has had an extraordinary life and art is a constant. I imagine her dreaming about Picasso, Lempicka and Frida Kahlo during her art lessons and in few years hanging out with  Warhol and Basquiat.. she is so lucky but  I think she acknoledges that every second of her life 🙂

4 hours ago, Plaything said:

It must be Batuku btw, not Batuka.

This is what Batuku and Funana sounds like.

hmmmm I don’t know :lol:

Seeing that those words stand for a certain music style I don’t think she just tags the names onto her songs. Maybe they’re unnamed yet and ‘Batuku’ and ‘Funana’ are only stand ins... or maybe not. It just seems so bland to me. 

1 hour ago, BrendanT1993 said:

does anybody else think that maybe she is filming in the studio possibly for some netflix  behind the scenes special or something ?  I’ve never seen her in tracksuit / sweatpants / looking so... casual... in the studio.

I think she got it after that event pictured with Beth ditto. I mean I hope you’re right but I think she’s just wearing it cause it’s comfort-chic 

4 hours ago, mrsmith said:

Maybe Magic is only going to be on the deluxe version ala Rebel Heart.

5 hours ago, Marcelox said:

She already mentioned "Dark Ballet " on Mirwais IG ..

IMG_20181115_133644.jpg

Well, that is an image from 'A Clockwork Orange' (Stanley Kubrick's film). Correct me if I am wrong, I'm sure there was an all-male ballet version (of sorts) in 2017, exploring themes of ultra violence.  Dark (violent) ballet, perhaps?!

2 hours ago, BrendanT1993 said:

Huh? Madonna is synonymous with track suits? 

Back That Up was a RH pharell/demo...which I like-maybe re-worked ? As much as I'd love 16 new tracks I kind of think that will make the album bloated. Maybe they'll have a market research session and narrow down the final mixed songs?