Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

or another MDNA skin care campaign..

I highly doubt..  the team would not travel that far to just do the MDNA stuff ( which has always been shot in NYC studio)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, jusdoid said:

OK!! now we are talking...  Mert&Maucus just arrived to Lisbon along with Andy her hairstylist, The album cover art is in effect!!!  we are close you all

This is exciting !!

Surly the album artwork but doesn’t she always shoot it after the albums finished?

When did she shoot RH/MDNA cover ??

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Runaway Lover said:

MDNA - December 2011

Rebel Heart - November 2014

Wow so we could be in for a September release which means she really could drop the lead single for her birthday !!

IF her style team really are going to shoot the album artwork this week this is all the confirmation we need the music will be with us this summer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am really positive she will give us the first single in august.  What better promo do we need.    

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ironman said:

I am really positive she will give us the first single in august.  What better promo do we need.    

She would be mad to miss all the free publicity plus the VMAs is a week after her birthday perfect opportunity to open the ceremony with a killer performance and get everyone talking.

Promo heaven.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jusdoid said:

OK!! now we are talking...  Mert&Maucus just arrived to Lisbon along with Andy her hairstylist, The album cover art is in effect!!!  we are close you all

Yes!!! yes!! Where is Aaron?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Andra said:

Yes!!! yes!! Where is Aaron?

I'm sure he is there too, he never really post where he is till After Madonna does her thing.. he's such a nice guy

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jusdoid said:

OK!! now we are talking...  Mert&Maucus just arrived to Lisbon along with Andy her hairstylist, The album cover art is in effect!!!  we are close you all

 

:tigger:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

So potentially, a 3 month or so wait? When would we get to see a track list or album cover before an album is actually released? 

The Rebel Heart cover was released for the iTunes preview in December wasn’t it ?

 

I firmly believe she will open the VMAs in August now, she needs exposure and she’s always won hands down with VMAs.

They will give her what she wants and make sure she opens the show. 

I hope she is already negotiating with MTV for it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barbie said:

Hoping for another amazing album cover. I remember my jaw dropping when the Rebel Heart cover was revealed! :dramatic:

Incredible imagery.

If she is shooting the artwork the music video is only a short distance away!!

I wonder who will direct. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If RH album cover was in Nov 2014, the album must’ve been completed enough for it all to leak the following month....therefore I’d hope if this album is complete, and she is truly shooting cover this week, she doesn’t sit on to it too long and risk a leak

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aries said:

If RH album cover was in Nov 2014, the album must’ve been completed enough for it all to leak the following month....therefore I’d hope if this album is complete, and she is truly shooting cover this week, she doesn’t sit on to it too long and risk a leak

I think she will move fast.

I do think they’ll be a timetable behind the scenes that she is sticking too. 

We no next to nothing which is even more exciting !

I think she will drop the lead single on her birthday and open the VMAs that Sunday afterwards.

Then I expect the album to be released in October with a second single.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, karbatal said:

What do you mean about Erotica, Bedtimes Stories or Confessions???? THEY WERE GREAT. With Erotica they didn't give up but release a great bunch of songs and high quality videos till the very end. All beautifully marketed. 

With Bedtime STories they knew Madonna was wrong with her idea of having BS as first single and went for Secret insteaad, restablishing her as a SINGER.

With Confessions it was one of the most impecable campaigns EVER. 

Really, sometimes... 

Rebel Heart is a great album as well. Id say its as good as Bedtime Stories. Never said those were not good albums. I was basically stating that M wasnt always the biggest seller under Warners. I dont understand this acrymony towards Interscope. Surely they can do a lilttle bit more to promote her but the real issue is another one imho. The problem here is her age. The music industry wont support or promote artists over a certain age, certainly females. Thats not an Interscope priority.Thats how this world goes. We can all bitch about, blame, attack, hate on the record company, the managers, the producers, etc.. we are all barking at the wrong tree. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MeakMaker said:

Rebel Heart is a great album as well. Id say its as good as Bedtime Stories. Never said those were not good albums. I was basically stating that M wasnt always the biggest seller under Warners. I dont understand this acrymony towards Interscope. Surely they can do a lilttle bit more to promote her but the real issue is another one imho. The problem here is her age. The music industry wont support or promote artists over a certain age, certainly females. Thats not an Interscope priority.Thats how this world goes. We can all bitch about, blame, attack, hate on the record company, the managers, the producers, etc.. we are all barking at the wrong tree. 

But playing devils advocate when Madonna was 50 Warner’s manages to make sure she was still getting played globally and scoring top ten chart hits.

This was un heard of territory but they did it.

Now she’s had a decade off the charts she is well out of it but she wasn’t at 50.

The point is had she of remained there’s no reason why she couldn’t still enjoy a chart presence and success.

She went from top ten hits globally to zero in 3 years....

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Confessit said:

But playing devils advocate when Madonna was 50 Warner’s manages to make sure she was still getting played globally and scoring top ten chart hits.

This was un heard of territory but they did it.

Now she’s had a decade off the charts she is well out of it but she wasn’t at 50.

The point is had she of remained there’s no reason why she couldn’t still enjoy a chart presence and success.

She went from top ten hits globally to zero in 3 years....

Well, of course when you put it like that it makes sense but let me suggest you how Warner literally dropped Madonna after American Life in the US. I think the Warner team in Europe decidely did a better job but Europe has always been more accepting towards artists over a certain age. I personally think her popularity is not necessarily subjected to how her record company works with or for her. I think there's so much more than that to discuss the underselling of her last records or lack of hits.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Well, of course when you put it like that it makes sense but let me suggest you how Warner literally dropped Madonna after American Life in the US. I think the Warner team in Europe decidely did a better job but Europe has always been more accepting towards artists over a certain age. I personally think her popularity is not necessarily subjected to how her record company works with or for her. I think there's so much more than that to discuss the underselling of her last records or lack of hits.

enough

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MeakMaker said:

Well, of course when you put it like that it makes sense but let me suggest you how Warner literally dropped Madonna after American Life in the US. I think the Warner team in Europe decidely did a better job but Europe has also been less ageist towards artists over a certain age. I personally think her popularity is not necessarily subjected to how her record company works with or for her. I think there's so much more than that to discuss the underselling of her last records or lack of hits.

Warner’s in America didn’t drop her after American Life she recorded a European sounding album that was never going to be as big in the states as it was in Europe.

Confessions was a mega era and it was fully supported by Warner’s....it did exceptionally well considering the musical landscape at the time of release.

After America Life flopped hard Warner’s pulled out all the stops so in 2005 Madonna had what many consider a mini revival. Hung Up was her biggest single ever and she was everywhere again. A lot of that era is owed to Warner’s massively supporting her.

Link to post
Share on other sites

why you go revisit the past constantly and give negative vibrations ? I dont understand ....

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ironman said:

why you go revisit the past constantly and give negative vibrations ? I dont understand ....

I’m not being negative just showing Warner’s the  praise for helping Madonna craft some of her biggest and most iconic moments in history.

❤️

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Confessit said:

Warner’s in America didn’t drop her after American Life she recorded a European sounding album that was never going to be as big in the states as it was in Europe.

Confessions was a mega era and it was fully supported by Warner’s....it did exceptionally well considering the musical landscape at the time of release.

After America Life flopped hard Warner’s pulled out all the stops so in 2005 Madonna had what many consider a mini revival. Hung Up was her biggest single ever and she was everywhere again. A lot of that era is owed to Warner’s massively supporting her.

Never said Confessions wasn’t successful in the US. It wasnt Music though and yes it was huge in the rest of the world but Madonna came back really strong with a very sellable album and a brand new image who record company wouldn’t promote or support that?All im saying Madonna always delivered guys. You just trying to redicule me with things i never even said like Warner is shit or did nothing. My point is how could you the fuck not? You have signed fucking Madonna. Who records company wouldn’t promote the shit out of True Blue with this sexy blonde who already sold millions of records only months ago? Who wouldnt promote a song like Like A Prayer? This sexy chic going all darey and mystic? Vogue, guys? Come on. Now Madonna changed the game. Warner just went along. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MeakMaker said:

Never said Confessions wasn’t successful in the US. It wasnt Music though and yes it was huge in the rest of the world but Madonna came back really strong with a very sellable album and a brand new image who record company wouldn’t promote or support that?All im saying Madonna always delivered guys. You just trying to redicule me with things i never even said like Warner is shit or did nothing. My point is how could you the fuck not? You have signed fucking Madonna. Who records company wouldn’t promote the shit out of True Blue with this sexy blonde who already sold millions of records only months ago? Who wouldnt promote a song like Like A Prayer? This sexy chic going all darey and mystic? Vogue, guys? Come on. Now Madonna changed the game. Warner just went along. 

Of course Madonna made Madonna but you do need the weight of a mega record company to make and sustain the kind of career Madonna has enjoyed.

Its the same with Hollywood you need a mega studio to have faith no matter how good the material is.

We are not falling out just putting forward different points of view based on record company support.

One things for sure Madonna has her core fans and she has kept them throughout regardless of what label she is on. 

That’s something rare and makes her a true icon.

#Livingforlove

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I’m not being negative just showing Warner’s the  praise for helping Madonna craft some of her biggest and most iconic moments in history.

❤️

Yess , I agree completely with your vision.  She had the choice to stay with Warner's.  But maybe the money and the freedom won, I dont know.    I do agree that after Waner's things changed and not always for the better. I try to be a realist and allthough i liked a lot from the past era's under Interscope and the albums who came out of it, deep down the little boy inside me longs for the excitement that Confessions etc brought me.....But my guts tell me know it can happen again, because we know nothing at this point and the momentum is there , I can feel it....

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Of course Madonna made Madonna but you do need the weight of a mega record company to make and sustain the kind of career Madonna has enjoyed.

Its the same with Hollywood you need a mega studio to have faith no matter how good the material is.

We are not falling out just putting forward different points of view based on record company support.

One things for sure Madonna has her core fans and she has kept them throughout regardless of what label she is on. 

That’s something rare and makes her a true icon.

#Livingforlove

Exactly. The weight was there because there was a demand. People loved Madonna. The more they loved her the more they promoted her and supported her. Kids, adults, blacks, whites. It was all new back then. This huge female pop artist captivating the world. Warner did what they could. In my opinion they did great. Not saying EMI or another big record company could have done even better. Thats just suppositions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MeakMaker said:

Exactly. The weight was there because there was a demand. People loved Madonna. Kids, adults, blacks, whites. It was all new back then. This huge female artist captivating the world. Warner did what they could. In my opinion they did great. Not saying EMI or another big record company could have done even better. Thats just suppositions.

But the demand for Madonna music was still there when she signed on the dotted line with Interscope. 

They didn’t sign a failing artist they signed a massivly successful one who had just had a global number one multi-million selling album and a global number one single. 

That’s all I’m saying 😘😘

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...