Montreal 9/10 Bell Center: 2nd NIGHT - fan reviews

Guest ditaluver

This show is nothing less than divine perfection. Who's That Girl with guitar is so affecting.

The lack of dancing that some are mentioning doesn't bother me in the least. I treasure the quality of her vocals as they have been spot on this era.

She puts so much thought into her creative vision and the set list.

Another five star effort from the greatest artist of our times.

This!!!

It's just a different show...as all her shows are.

im letting it go. i'll enjoy the shows! i'm done but if anyone wants to share thoughts...i'll read through tomorrow and discuss! xoxo

not trying to be a downer..she could sing la vie for two hours and id be happy!

I've noticed her big fans and younger fans love holy water & vogue but i don't like it.. i mean, i don't hate it, but i think we have very different kinds of fans. those who like MDNA and those who like RIT, to put it in a simple way.

and there are a lot of performances that you can practice. bitch im madonna, LFL, deeper & deeper, ..

i think from watching the teasers a lot of fans expected mdna part 2. i just miss the drums. that would've been great. but im not actually into gimmicks like dancing nuns.. while other fans love that.

we just have to fall into this show and accept it for what it is and how she wanted it to be!

i think the CROSS stage has something to do with the walking...she wanted it to be more intimate....remember

and the banana fan is awesome.

Perhaps she's just making a conscious choice this time around to focus on other things, like vocals (which sound great!!) rather than full-on dancing.

Or perhaps she just feels like she did that full-on with the last tour and it just took it out of her, and she doesn't want to wear herself out in that way with this tour.

Or perhaps, dare I even say this, she feels she's past the intense numbers this time around. Maybe completely. Maybe not (and she'll gear up for all that on a future project).

Don't worry, I don't think anyone's being a downer.
I think we have to remember that most of us are judging all this based on youtube vids and shitty periscope streams.

I have a feeling once the tour is professionally filmed, the entire context and texture of the show will take on a whole new understanding for us, and we'll be raving about it.

And perhaps the incredible high of MDNA, and the grand intensity of that show, is just still so fresh on our palettes that the more relaxed, romantic, and celebratory vibe of this show is still taking a while to get used to...

...just thoughts.

Mench i think you may just need to relax a little bit and see the show when you see it. Maybe stop creating such crazy expectations for yourself. We already talked about Madonna's dancing in a different thread and we all agreed that it's just a different show. The woman is 57 after all and all that high intensity choreo and mammoth production you were talking about resulted in a very exhausted and scatterbrained Madonna by the end of MDNA (well, it contributed to that at least). 11:30 PM start times, bitching at fans, getting very sick, beginning the show with the second segment instead of GGW in Chile, getting booed, on and on. The woman was too tired and overextended herself that year. It wasn't easy towards the end of that tour. I mean do you really want her to piss off people like that again? She learned major lessons in 2012 and we are seeing the result of that in this show. It's a vastly different show but probably her most romantic and heartfelt ever. Give her a chance to impress you again IN PERSON. Enough with the chicken little stuff.

And this is coming from someone who considers MDNA their favorite tour, just an FYI.

Mench i think you may just need to relax a little bit and see the show when you see it. Maybe stop creating such crazy expectations for yourself. We already talked about Madonna's dancing in a different thread and we all agreed that it's just a different show. The woman is 57 after all and all that high intensity choreo and mammoth production you were talking about resulted in a very exhausted and scatterbrained Madonna by the end of MDNA (well, it contributed to that at least). 11:30 PM start times, bitching at fans, getting very sick, beginning the show with the second segment instead of GGW in Chile, getting booed, on and on. The woman was too tired and overextended herself that year. It wasn't easy towards the end of that tour. I mean do you really want her to piss off people like that again? She learned major lessons in 2012 and we are seeing the result of that in this show. It's a vastly different show but probably her most romantic and heartfelt ever. Give her a chance to impress you again IN PERSON. Enough with the chicken little stuff.

Preach!!!!

So how does the fan get to dance with her in Unapologetic Bitch? Is there a contest for that or does someone pick the fan just before the show?

Will be a really cool element of the show every night - something DIFFERENT every single night!!!

Was very funny tonight that part. And the rest of the show yes - it's pure brilliance.

She's just class.

Preach Papi! :headbang:

Well, as some are bringing up Australia, I can say that as an Australian fan, I don't think anyone will be disappointed with this concert or song list. I wanted to hear Like a Prayer, but watching the show yesterday, I loved all the older hits and new songs so much and did not even register that it was not played until later. Australians will love this concert.

I hate that people judge by low quality clip on youtube. This is so sad because you're basing your idea on bad clip and it gives you a wrong idea of what the show is in reality.

Of course it's not perfect. Of course she could do "this" and "that". Of course she could sing "that song" instead of "this one".

We all have our expectation and, because we love her so much, we want everything to be perfect.

But in the end, I can assure you you'll live two of the best hours of your life. And the reason is simple: that's because she is true to herself. She does what she wants, sing what she wants and perform how she wants. That makes her happy and this happiness is very contagious. With that smile, that voice, she could sit two hours, singing alone with a guitar and we all would be to her feet.

Just wait to see the show. You'll understand exactly what I mean.

The incredible audience reactions and sing alongs to songs like True Blue, WTG, etc., just on guitar... is mind blowing. And the clapping along during Rebel Heart. Says. it. all. this time around.

it's amazing to see the casual audience really connect to her this time. She knew what she had to do...and I think it's what she wants. She's in a romantic, inspiring mood this time around.

Well, as some are bringing up Australia, I can say that as an Australian fan, I don't think anyone will be disappointed with this concert or song list. I wanted to hear Like a Prayer, but watching the show yesterday, I loved all the older hits and new songs so much and did not even register that it was not played until later. Australians will love this concert.

I felt that people were happier with WTG or D&D than with LAP during MDNA...

I just came home from the second show, I enjoyed it even more than the first. Negativity in a Madonna forum? That's unheard of! All I can say is don't judge a show from what you see in periscope. I can't stress enough how good she sounds, even her speaking voice sounds just like in the 80's, she seems genuinely happy, chatty, and very down-to-earth. My favorite act right now is the entrance and the Frida-esque section..it just makes me smile. Who's that girl is life, Love don't live here anymore is fantastic, and even tho i didn't care for it yesterday, i finally got into Candyshop...but so far, my all time fav is deeper and deeper, the entire place was dancing with this one!

After who's that girl, somebody passed her a paper with a note asking her to take a selfie with her, and she responded that a selfie is a photo of youself only..she told this person to meet her 5 min after the show to take the selfie..and then something along the lines that we waste so much time taking selfies.

yes, its not just that she may think she can't dance non stop on a long tour, its just that she and probably her people know that even though the mdna tour was amazing, a visual fest, the casual fan didn't really relate to it because it was too dark & cold (except for a few parts) she usually does a 180 and change it up the next time. it may not have anything to do with her age or whatever. maybe she's just ... kind.. giving the public what it wants instead of being half naked and dancing non stop with not so good vocals. i mean, shes pole dancing FULLY clothed :p im surprised no one said anything about that yet. but its obvious she's flirting with the audience and wants to win them back, so she's being a little safe, aside from the intro etc

yes, its not just that she may think she can't dance non stop on a long tour, its just that she and probably her people know that even though the mdna tour was amazing, a visual fest, the casual fan didn't really relate to it because it was too dark & cold (except for a few parts) she usually does a 180 and change it up the next time. it may not have anything to do with her age or whatever. maybe she's just ... kind.. giving the public what it wants instead of being half naked and dancing non stop with not so good vocals. i mean, shes pole dancing FULLY clothed :p im surprised no one said anything about that yet. but its obvious she's flirting with the audience and wants to win them back, so she's being a little safe, aside from the intro etc

Pole dancing on a cross, I wouldn't call it safe

Pole dancing on a cross, I wouldn't call it safe

i mean not literally. the show is dangerous when you think about it. the stairs, that swing, the intro, the dancers in illuminati.

i meant that she's not being controversial. pole dancing nuns and the intro are a little controversial, but nothing like mdna