REBEL HEART TOUR: Opening Night in FOUR DAYS

ashtangi74

It looks like it's from a celebration of the Day of the Dead or Dia de Muertos, which is a big holiday in Mexico where people gather to remember their loved ones who have died and help support their spiritual journey into the afterlife. It coincides with Halloween and All Souls' Day. October 31/November 1

It looks like it's from a celebration of the Day of the Dead or Dia de Muertos, which is a big holiday in Mexico where people gather to remember their loved ones who have died and help support their spiritual journey into the afterlife. It coincides with Halloween and All Souls' Day. October 31/November 1

I was thinking the same!!!!!

Guest groovyguy

What does he says?

https://instagram.com/p/69kRVByxtI/?taken-by=super_hero_tony3h

super_hero_tony We are coming to the end of the rehearsal period. Soon it will be time to take off the training wheels and turn the reins over to you the audience. Everyday a new element of the show is locked in. Rehearsal costumes are replaced with the real thing,video content is added, the dancers and choreographers are "cleaning" for hours. I have been in rehearsal since May - 3 months. To put it into perspective the average rehearsal period is 1 month max. Does that say how much she cares? We have laughed,worked insane hours, fought, made up and repeated the cycle. Artistic people are very passionate. We are at the point now where some of our co workers and contributors have done all they can and it is time for them to move on to the next project. It's part of the process. I will miss the rehearsal period but I am so grateful we have the tour to look forward to. I can't wait to see the expressions and reactions from the audience. As I look over the photographs from the last few months I can only remember the good things. And it reminds me that even on the roughest of days there will come a time that I will wish I could do it all over again! I am so proud of this show. Sept 9th - Montreal we are coming for you Rebel ♥️ Hearts.

Guest groovyguy

https://instagram.com/p/68uhAFPhGY/

msaagency We are excited for the launch of @madonna's#RebelHeartTour! Congrats to our clients including Director #JamieKing w/ Associate Director #TiffanyOlson, Supervising Choreographer Megan Lawson @meganguwre, Choreographers Kevin Maher @kmaher56, Matt Cady@caddyisbright, and Mary Cebrian@marycebrian. MSA dancers are Kupono Aweau @alohakupono, Sohey Sugihara@soheyheyhey, Malik Le Nost @malikee, and Ahlamalik @officialskitzo! So much#MSAFAM with the Queen of Pop...you won't want to miss it!! #proudagents#rebelheart #teamjamieking #jamieking#madonna

11910492_610354252401331_1232146139_n.jp

is the bus medieval?

I know right? How was the I'm Addicted/I'm A Sinner medieval? It was obviously inspired by oriental martial arts/mantra? Even the Sinner performance has a very south Eastern Asia aesthetics. Its supposed to contrast with Like A Prayer (western religion) to imply that the world is one.

It's actually traditional Japanese ...

I think this pretty much confirmed the Japanese/Samurai section. And the Spanish/Latin act is very possible too. What if each section is gonna be about each different culture?

Imagine something like:

Traditional Japanese

Classical European

Spanish Latin

Tribal African

Encore

:rotfl:

Are you trying to say that picture is traditional Japanese? It is clearly inspired by Dia de Muertos

What? it's obviously a traditional Chinese/Japanese parade, probably one of their ghost festivals. Why are you guys seeing Dia de Muertos? :rotfl:

Beating+Ghost+festival.jpg

edit: it's Tibetan

Yes you're right. When you see the bigger picture you can see it's Asian. I was just thinking Dia de Muertos from the smaller picture with the skeleton heads and the fact death was mentioned.

It does have a similiar concept to Dia de Muertos. The deceased ancestors come back to earth and they do rituals to absolve the sufferings of the dead.

I believe there were pictures of Arienne Phillips visiting China awhile back. I guess maybe she was doing research!

It does have a similiar concept to Dia de Muertos. The deceased ancestors come back to earth and they do rituals to absolve the sufferings of the dead.

I believe there were pictures of Arienne Phillips visiting China awhile back. I guess maybe she was doing research!

Yes, and the Tibetan Book of the Dead is a very interesting religious text

Maybe she (lauramorgan999) was just suggesting she was tired because of the rehearsal..