Andy Cohen interviews Madonna for Entertainment Weekly (drama free edition)

Roland Barthes

image.jpg

Cohen, who has made no secret about wanting to interview Madonna on WWHL, sat down with the Queen of Pop as she gets set to launch her Rebel Heart tour in September. It’s the first time he has ever interviewed his favorite singer—and no question was off limits. The two discuss everything from her setlist to her thoughts on Taylor Swift and Beyonce to why she loves using Instagram. “It’s an important part of my work now,” she says of the social media platform. “I like to think of it as a kind of art gallery for my thoughts, my dreams, my wishes, my state of mind. Can’t ignore social media.”

What happened on the drama thread? Where is it?

Too late...go back to ur mama's womb.

spoiler: that was a joke ok? not a personal attack..I guess with all the sensitivity of late I need to make clear that I have nothing against you, your mama or her womb :voiceofreason:

Food Police: "Madonna, time to eat a donut!"

Madonna: "Bitch, get off my pole!"

Food Police: "Madonna, time to drink some water!"

Food Police: "Madonna, this guacamole is really good. Want some?"

Food Police: "I got some Red Hots and a Lemon Drop."

Madonna: "Gimme that, bitch!"

LOL

Andy Cohen served as guest editor of this week’s issue of EW—and, in it, he had a juicy heart to (rebel) heart with his favorite pop star, Madonna. After getting the scoop about the Queen of Pop’s upcoming tour, Cohen also got the singer to share her thoughts on another superstar: Taylor Swift.

The two pop icons performed Rebel Heart’s “Ghosttown” together at the iHeartRadio Music Awards back in March, but Madonna says that they didn’t intend for their collaborative relationship to end there. “We were actually gonna do something together on stage,” Madonna tells Cohen when discussing the Instagram shoutout she gave Swift ahead of her recent 1989 shows at New Jersey’s MetLife Stadium. “I didn’t go to the show because I was rehearsing and I had to shoot a video the next day. I was kinda bummed.”

Cohen tried to tease out more details from Madonna about the stadium-sized collab that never was. “I’m not gonna tell you, because we might still do it,” she says. “You’re very nosy. You just want to know everything.”

So, bad news first: We don’t know what Swift and Madonna may have been cooking up. But the good news? It could still happen.

Andy Cohen served as guest editor of this week’s issue of EW—and, in it, he had a juicy heart to (rebel) heart with his favorite pop star, Madonna. After getting the scoop about the Queen of Pop’s upcoming tour, Cohen also got the singer to share her thoughts on another superstar: Taylor Swift.

The two pop icons performed Rebel Heart’s “Ghosttown” together at the iHeartRadio Music Awards back in March, but Madonna says that they didn’t intend for their collaborative relationship to end there. “We were actually gonna do something together on stage,” Madonna tells Cohen when discussing the Instagram shoutout she gave Swift ahead of her recent 1989 shows at New Jersey’s MetLife Stadium. “I didn’t go to the show because I was rehearsing and I had to shoot a video the next day. I was kinda bummed.”

Cohen tried to tease out more details from Madonna about the stadium-sized collab that never was. “I’m not gonna tell you, because we might still do it,” she says. “You’re very nosy. You just want to know everything.”

So, bad news first: We don’t know what Swift and Madonna may have been cooking up. But the good news? It could still happen.

:| Madonna no.

Andy Cohen: So will I hear “Dress You up”?
Madonna: Yes.

Andy Cohen: “Who’s That Girl”?

Andy Cohen: “Vogue”?

Andy Cohen: “Holiday”?

812470.gif

Shes soo gonna do a duet with Taylor!! lol What's so damn sad is if GT was M feat Taylor or visa versa (even if Taylor just played the guitar like at the iHeart awards) and had some backing 'vocals' or whatever GT prob wouldve smashed :/.

LOVE IT!!!

The Greatest Star That Ever Lived!!!

imagine watching TOD with Madonna! how fabulous! :inlove:

tumblr_nspxa2afIj1qlycwjo1_1280.png

Oh M the "horrible brat" is what made you a legend!! 2 things- why wasn't SHE on the fucking cover (w/ Andy getting the 'side-note') and when is she gonna just go on his damn show so we can watch 30 minutes of the most ass kissing/eating and multiple orgasms anyone has ever shown toward her! lol. Whatever people think of him, his show is red hot, hilarious for the most part, very Euro-esque (perfect for Madonna). Andy has had Meryl, Oprah and endless other A+ list stars so M should def. do his show instead of Ellen or another damn Matt Lauer-esque interview.

Andy Cohen: So will I hear “Dress You up”?

Andy Cohen: “Who’s That Girl”?

Andy Cohen: “Vogue”?

Andy Cohen: “Holiday”?

812470.gif

i will die during Dress You Up!

I know i may sound unpopular, but if this woman did all those songs in a row with the 80s arrangements, i am very sure that the world would explode of joy and we would be dancing in heaven forever an ever.

Guest Pud Whacker

I know i may sound unpopular, but if this woman did all those songs in a row with the 80s arrangements, i am very sure that the world would explode of joy and we would be dancing in heaven forever an ever.

of course. im down for it. but as ive said, i love Like a Prayer Sticky, one of my all-time favorites but when she did it 'properly' on the superbowl, there was such a connection, the world ran out the next day to purchase tickets for MDNA. theres that love affair. when she took it on tour, the entire stadium knows that version and was singing it back to her. that becomes a religious experience - seriously no pun intended.

You're not unpopular that's exactly what I want to hear