REBEL HEART TOUR IN ATL

beachprance

So, I was wondering who was going to the Atlanta show?? I live in Augusta, and go to Atlanta pretty often to see musicians. I love the Philips Arena and can't wait to see these new songs come to life.

Admittedly, this is my first Madonna show. I didn't start becoming a fan until around when MDNA was released and the MDNA Tour was kinda out of my reach when I found out it was coming here.

As a newbie, what should I expect from a Madonna concert? (e.g. The type of people who will be there, how long Madonna takes to come out on stage, how long they run)

I honestly could not be more excited, I'm chewing my nails just thinking about it. :laugh:

Im going to the Atlanta show. :)

In terms of what to expect, be prepared to be shocked when you realize you're in the same building as her, especially when she first comes out.

The MDNA Tour was my first to see of hers and I had missed or not had the money since Drowned World. So, when she first came out with Girl Gone Wild it was surreal for awhile.

I was at the Miami show and we waited hours for her to come out. She has been known to be a bit late but that was about three hours or so that night I think.

It's exciting to see the various Madonna looks people are sporting.

I'll be there bitch!!

I went to MDNA and it was fantastic. Expect a very diverse crowd! Old people, children, teens, gays, straight couples, basically any kind of background. Plenty of drag queens impersonating Madonna ofc lol. It's all quite magical and unifying.

Wow! That sounds very exciting! I was expecting the drag impersonators. They are basically at every show. Is it a good idea to get merchandise pre or post? Sometimes Philips is picky about letting people stay once the show is over.

Guest whatatramp

Wow! That sounds very exciting! I was expecting the drag impersonators. They are basically at every show. Is it a good idea to get merchandise pre or post? Sometimes Philips is picky about letting people stay once the show is over.

dunno about ATL, but I'd get your merch + programme from madonna.com else you have to look after it during the show, unless they have a 'Madonna Rebel Heart Tour ATL....' t-shirt or something then you're best to get it there

• 2 weeks later...

So excited, got my tickets and I'm ready to see Madonna in the ATL for the first time since Re- Invention. Saw that and DW in Atlanta, S&S in Houston, MDNA in Dallas and now it's back "home" for Rebel Heart! See you guys in September. :)

I'm over the MOON it's the second stop of the entire tour because this will be the only chance in my life to see a Madonna show in person and not cheat with YouTube vids, etc first! Lol. I can totally control myself in between the Miami and Atlanta shows. This is gonna make it that much more incredible. Let's see if I can not spoil the set list tho. Lol

I don't think it will be hard to not spoil the entire show because it is only the second stop.

If it was later in the tour (like when I saw her for MDNA Miami) then it would probably be virtually impossible not to have seen performance pics and the know the set list.

Might try to avoid social networking Madonna areas until after the show. It wouldn't be that long of a wait

• 2 months later...

What up ATLANTA!!! Sooooo with our date rescheduled to January, are you guys all still able to attend? I've got my work schedule corrected and I'm still on. Sucks to not be the second stop but we WILL be the first stop of the second leg (as of now) so that's cool. Hope everyone has their plans adjusted. Here's to January !

At the risk of sounding selfish, I'm kind of glad the date got switched. I'm going to the DC show on 9/12 and so far there is only one night scheduled. Atlanta is the most reasonable option for me to be able to see the show again. It was going to be tough to do the 9/2 show with it being so close to the DC show. Now I have plenty of time to plan it all out.

At the risk of sounding selfish, I'm kind of glad the date got switched. I'm going to the DC show on 9/12 and so far there is only one night scheduled. Atlanta is the most reasonable option for me to be able to see the show again. It was going to be tough to do the 9/2 show with it being so close to the DC show. Now I have plenty of time to plan it all out.

Interesting. I'm going to the DC show. I'm a little surprised there's no NC on this tour. People see that state as conservative, but it's become increasing liberal and cosmopolitan in recent years. She needs to add a Charlotte show. A lot of major artists are doing NC now. I would like to see another show too. NC would work great for me as my dad lives there.

Interesting. I'm going to the DC show. I'm a little surprised there's no NC on this tour. People see that state as conservative, but it's become increasing liberal and cosmopolitan in recent years. She needs to add a Charlotte show. A lot of major artists are doing NC now. I would like to see another show too. NC would work great for me as my dad lives there.

I was shocked when Charlotte was on the MDNA itenerary but you are right, they have gotten very "blue" over the past decade or so. I wonder how the MDNA show was received there? I'm in Va so Charlotte would be closer than the 8 hours it takes to ATL. Really, traveling north to Philly, Atlantic City or even NYC is probably closer, but it's SUCH a pain to drive north. Once you hit NOVA/DC its all down hill. I'm still hoping for a second DC show to be added.

dunno about ATL, but I'd get your merch + programme from madonna.com else you have to look after it during the show, unless they have a 'Madonna Rebel Heart Tour ATL....' t-shirt or something then you're best to get it there

I agree get it online or after the show. But it's still worth it to check the booth, even if u don't get anything it's like a candy shop with all the merch.

I remember S&S had a limited edition poster per city, if there was something like that your only choice is to get it from booth.