New Article: "Madonna Could Actually Teach Mariah Carey How to Sing"

I agree that Madonna does not show enough confidence in her vocals or music. I have always thought that. I have always thought she put too much confidence In acting when In that setting I feel she struggles In letting go.

All of her confidence Is In the message and I believe Madonna loves music and it's a perfect outlet for her to let go. No one can sing her songs or any song she puts emotion to like she can. She also has a unique sounding voice which is everything.

I think that is due the fact that she never considered herself as just a "singer", since early 80s she refers to herself as a "performer". We have to remind that she wanted to be a dancer... she eventually became a great singer but it was never her original goal...

This is an excellent article. I just posted this in the Grammy thread before I saw it had its own. So happy that she is being called out for her vocal talent when it is often downplayed in favor of her dancing and performance talents. It's about time!!

Loving that her vocals have been positively received, but I which this whole vocal isolation thing would stop.

Madonna is not famous for her voice, that's only part of the combo, she's also a great performer, she's a great but overlooked songwriter, her melodies are cacthy, she's most of the time setting new trends in music, society, fashion and performance. She may not be the most gifted singer but I agree with all of you, she can communicate emotions with her voice, besides she has a very versatile voice for differente genres and tempos. Can you imagine Adele trying to sing un upbeat song? hell no! Can you imagine Madonna singing a ballad? Of course, she sings a lot of ballads and sings them in a beautiful way and honestly I prefer a million times Madonna's special voice than that generic overused soul singer voice like Mariah, Christina Aguilera and Adele have.

I agree, Madonna is just able to emote through her voice like no one else. This is why the majority of her songs are untouchable (i.e. no one, no matter how great their vocal range, can do justice to songs like Frozen or Like A Prayer).

Also, whenever someone says Madonna can't sing, I invite them to try to sing Ray Of Light without sounding like a dying cow (especially the bits at the end).

Ray Of Light maybe Madonna's hardest song, I agree. Vogue, Like A Prayer, Open Your Heart and Love Spent come to my mind too.

I tried singing Borderline, Open Your Heart, and Power of Goodbye in karaoke before. Good lord :lmao: they're hard.

The comments are hilarious. Lambs are upset :rotfl:

Keenan Quianzon · Parts Administrator at TDCI

Are you kidding me? That song is way easier to sing compared to all i want for christmas. lets try this, why dont we switch mariah singing that madonna song and madonna singing all i want for christmas. and find out whos better.
Gábor Gaboo Aporfi · Top Commenter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osruwUoNnY4

I'm laughing my ass off.....this is funny.
I just have one question : could ever Madonna do this ?

Mariah's been AMAZING at Beacon days after the Rockefeller where it wasn't freezing cold.

Mariah is a singer.
Madonna is an entertainer.
Gábor Gaboo Aporfi · Top Commenter
Joas Lima Mariah Carey has 18 Number One songs.She's the biggest selling female artist of all time. Most of them she wrote it because she's a songwriter. Only Elvis Presley has 19 number one.Her vocal ability has no doubt.
Madonna wouldn't be able to sing any of Mariah's songs.
Mariah writes songs and SING.
Madonna does the SHOW.
Lol Madonna can sing? Get your ears cleaned sir, that sounds horrible. She was a joke.
This article is stupid lol even on her worst day, Mariah sounds better than any pop stars out there right now.

If all those supporters went out to buy her last record instead of spending their time defending her in the comments section of those articles, it might not have flopped so hard.

Limited range aside, Madonna has taken REMARKABLE care of what she has.

Yes yes YES. She has an unique, instantly recognizable voice. When she sings, there is always so much warmth, passion and emotions. It's funny that people still won't believe she can't sing (or make music herself) when EVERY producer she has ever worked with have said she is a great singer AND amazing producer.

She also sometimes fails (badly) but that happens to everybody. Plus I rather take "bad" singing than bad lip-syncing any day.

I agree, Madonna is just able to emote through her voice like no one else. This is why the majority of her songs are untouchable (i.e. no one, no matter how great their vocal range, can do justice to songs like Frozen or Like A Prayer).

Also, whenever someone says Madonna can't sing, I invite them to try to sing Ray Of Light without sounding like a dying cow (especially the bits at the end).

:rotfl: Even she sounded like a dying mule on the MTV Awards in 1998. She's made up for it since.

The difference between Madonna and other singers is that Madonna is not just a vocalist, she's more of a singing actress. In each song she tells a story, she interprets each word and melody. That's why I can't listen to other people singing her songs. There is something missing, they sound flat and uninspired.

Edited by pieciolot

What i find funny in all this is that the vocal isolation thing was probably made with the intention to expose and mock bad vocals or lipsynching like they did for all the other singers like Taylor Shit and they fell flat on their face.

Madonna sings while dancing. Mariah lipsynchs while standing there. The two lambs that are left should send this to her instead of defending her every bad moves because she needs a wake up call. They are not doing her any favour by trying to keep the lies and illusion alive.

Surprised Even TMZ had a positive article overall

(Except for last line)

NEWS

MADONNA

ISOLATED GRAMMY VOCALS LEAK

I'm Still the Boss Bitches

8 Hours Ago

Madonna -- Isolated Grammy Vocals Leak ... I'm Still the Boss Bitches (VIDEO)

If you think Madonna is past her singing prime, think again ... and watch this leaked video of her isolated vocals from her Grammy Awards performance.

Mariah Carey, Taylor Swift and Britney Spears and others have been put on blast for their less than stellar voices once audio/video leaked of their isolated vocals.

But watch Madge sing "Living for Love" ... she's awesome.

Now if only she'd put her ass away.

Enjoy reading all the positive articles, however, they prove once again all the "hip' journalists just copy what each other are writing. If another negative scandal about M makes headlines tomorrow, they will all thrash her by writing the same article. :bad::bad:

I didnt need this article or any big name celeb,singer etc...to say that Madonna absolutely has a fab. SOULFUL voice! I adore it. I loathe all the sell out big diva voices like the Celines, Mimiphants, X-Tina who are contrived and over use their voices (which are 'technically' good) but so are thousands of other non famous people! lol. For me it's all about the song, lyrics, production and the sincerity IN the voice. Mariah has a soulless, hollow, insincere tone. I find her, her voice and music repelling lol. While I didn't care for a lot of Whitneys music, she, along w/ Barbra, Chaka, and even Diana Ross are more similar to Madonna far as authentic passion and soul/pain in most or all their songs. M also isn't a one trick pony vocally. She can belt out a stunning, tear inducing ballad like LTT and OF, yet easily switch gears and sound bad ass and sexy as fuck in songs like JML, Erotica, Music, Gambler etc etc..

I didnt need this article or any big name celeb,singer etc...to say that Madonna absolutely has a fab. SOULFUL voice! I adore it. I loathe all the sell out big diva voices like the Celines, Mimiphants, X-Tina who are contrived and over use their voices (which are 'technically' good) but so are thousands of other non famous people! lol. For me it's all about the song, music, production and the sincerity IN the voice. Mariah has a soulless, hollow, insincere tone. I find her, her voice and music repelling lol. While I didn't care for a lot of Whitneys music, she, along w/ Barbra, Chaka, and even Diana Ross are more similar to Madonna far as sincere passion and soul/pain in most or all their songs.

This! Whitney performances were well above Mariah's, even though all the oversinging and melisma in some of this so called big diva voices annoys me.

^ haha Thanks but u beat me to my edit/addition of how versatile Ms voice is :*) . I loved Whitneys voice. Yes, she ushered in the manufactured, corporate big voice divas but she def. shit all over Mariah vocally and quality of the songs. One Moment In Time is stunning, picture perfect song along w/ many others. While she may not be my cuppa tea far as 'connecting' to a lot of her catalog, Whitney was a rock star and every bit as unique, tormented and soulful as Janis and Amy Winehouse.

I loathe all the sell out big diva voices like the Celines, Mimiphants, X-Tina who are contrived and over use their voices (which are 'technically' good) but so are thousands of other non famous people! lol. For me it's all about the song, lyrics, production and the sincerity IN the voice. Mariah has a soulless, hollow, insincere tone. I find her, her voice and music repelling lol. While I didn't care for a lot of Whitneys music, she, along w/ Barbra, Chaka, and even Diana Ross are more similar to Madonna far as authentic passion and soul/pain in most or all their songs. M also isn't a one trick pony vocally.

THANK YOU!

About 99% of my family are more into the Whitney,Celine,Mariah scene (and growing up,their music was constantly in my face) and this is what I constantly try to tell them when the subject of Madonna as a "singer" comes up