MADONNA at the BRITS 25 Feb: QUEEN to receive Lifetime Achievement Award?

"Madonna subverts everything for her own gain. I went to see her London show and it was all so dour and humourless. She surpasses even Joan Crawford in terms of megalomania. Which in itself makes her a kind of dark, gay icon ... I love Kylie, she's the anti-Madonna. Self-knowledge is a truly beautiful thing and Kylie knows herself inside out. She is what she is and there is no attempt to make quasi-intellectual statements to substantiate it. She is the gay shorthand for joy."

Rufus Wainwright,

Observer Music Monthly, 2006.

Poor Kylie. She doesn't need more hate from Madonna fans. Leave her alone, Rufus :(

Guest CzarnaWisnia

She should give BBC the finger at the end of her perfomance.

No, she should be more clever if she were to address the issue, it won't give her anything to shame them.

She should just wear "56" emblazoned across her outfit.

Yes!!!

I think she definitely should make her remark about this issue during her performance.

No, she should be more clever if she were to address the issue, it won't give her anything to shame them.

Just kidding. She should do nothing and talk about ageism on the Ross interview

She doesn't need BBC. Who listens to radio anyway?

Just kidding. She should do nothing and talk about ageism on the Ross interview

She doesn't need BBC. Who listens to radio anyway?

Agree. Leave the focus on the songs during the Brits and talk about BBC ageism during the Ross interview and also show the clip from her prior Ross interview where she talked about ageism.

Funny how she's now spanned the 3 main UK TV channels with Jonathan Ross over the years - cos he has kept jumping ship!

1992 - Channel 4

2003 - BBC

2015 - ITV

I have a feeling that rights issues will mean we won't see any 1992 clip used in her 2015 appearance.

Guest Pud Whacker

Funny how she's now spanned the 3 main UK TV channels with Jonathan Ross over the years - cos he has kept jumping ship!

1992 - Channel 4

2003 - BBC

2015 - ITV

I have a feeling that rights issues will mean we won't see any 1992 clip used in her 2015 appearance.

oh thats terrible!!! but he can quote it!!!

Guest Rachelle of London

So a member has said that Toby Anstis played LAP on Heart this morning and said Madonna would do a medley of hits at the BRITS :tigger:

I hope its true, remind the UK public why shes the most successful artist in UK charts history....so what are your predictions for the setlist. Mine are:

Into The Groove

Holiday

Hung Up

Living for Love

A montage of her videos will be played before the performance in the style of TUTR MDNA style. M will appear from nowhere, lights on her and then you hear her say "YOU CAN DANCE....FOR INSPIRATION" Dancers pop up from every corner of the stage, the audience faints, Twitter EXPLODES!!! ahhh I cant wait

Sorry I've had 4 coffees this morning but I'm sooooo bloody excited!

Guest Rachelle of London

It's 6 days away!!!!!!!!!! Any news of dancers/band rehearsals???

Yes some of the dancers posted on FB yesterday that they were in a full day of rehearsals since Tuesday.

Edited by Chellegasm

So a member has said that Toby Anstis played LAP on Heart this morning and said Madonna would do a medley of hits at the BRITS :tigger:

I hope its true, remind the UK public why shes the most successful artist in UK charts history....so what are your predictions for the setlist. Mine are:

Into The Groove

Holiday

Hung Up

Living for Love

A montage of her videos will be played before the performance in the style of TUTR MDNA style. M will appear from nowhere, lights on her and then you hear her say "YOU CAN DANCE....FOR INSPIRATION" Dancers pop up from every corner of the stage, the audience faints, Twitter EXPLODES!!! ahhh I cant wait

Sorry I've had 4 coffees this morning but I'm sooooo bloody excited!

for me it´s really difficult to imagine madonna singing a medley: I can imagine a 5 minutes section with viudeos , but a medley...it has to have a messsage! Human Nature!!! that song should be in the medley, ok, I don´t even like it (yes, I find it boring, the first two minutes ares enough for me), but the message is exactly the one that she needs to give now!

for me it´s really difficult to imagine madonna singing a medley: I can imagine a 5 minutes section with viudeos , but a medley...it has to have a messsage! Human Nature!!! that song should be in the medley, ok, I don´t even like it (yes, I find it boring, the first two minutes ares enough for me), but the message is exactly the one that she needs to give now!

+ Don´t tell me!

Guest bluejean

I think something like:

Holy Water/Vogue

Music

Into The Groove

Living For Love

Then for Jonathan Ross sing Living For Love and Joan of Arc or Rebel Heart