Madonna: Queen of the GRAMMYS (Thread 4)

I just noticed that she said "Come On Pharrell ! " towards the end when she told everybody to get on their feet !

Yeah, I heard that after my 30th time watching it. I guess I was mesmerized by Demonna!

1926913_665706010205933_7462599877960861

is this real or edited? surprised this only come up now... Madonna is not taller than Gaga, right?

You don't even wanna be near that THING. WHY WOULD M????

Yeah, I heard that after my 30th time watching it. I guess I was mesmerized by Demonna!

Same here . HAHA

Andy Cohen takes Madonna’s haters to taskMadonna’s butt-baring Givenchy matador number on the Grammys red carpet may have landed her on many a worst-dressed list — but count Andy Cohen as a fan.

“I loved it,” he said Tuesday night at the Woman’s Day Red Dress Awards at Jazz at Lincoln Center. “Here’s the thing, the red carpets today are so boring because everyone has a stylist, and they just listen to their stylist and they do whatever they say. I like that Madonna puts on a show every time she comes out . . . when I’m 56, if my ass looks like that, I’ll wear fishnets and a matador outfit and show my ass.”

Cohen found the Madge Twitter backlash particularly obnoxious.“I thought the response to her was really ageist,” he said. “Why should you deny Madonna the right to be Madonna? This is who she is. This is what she does.

“I was tweeting about her, and I got a lot of tweets from women who were saying, ‘She’s too old, she can’t do this, she looks ridiculous,’ ” added Cohen. “I tweeted a couple back and I said, ‘Look, I’m looking at your avatar, and with all due respect, honey, you have a situation happening yourself.’ I don’t know why I’m on such a soap box about it, but I think it’s interesting. She’s Madonna. Let her keep being Madonna. Don’t take that away.”A longtime Madonna fan, Cohen has made no secret of the fact that the Queen of Pop is his dream guest to have on his nightly Bravo talk show, “Watch What Happens Live.” He’s hoping to leverage the release of her new album coming in March, “Rebel Heart,” into a booking.

“I’m working on it!,” he said. “Over Christmas, I was sitting there, zoning out in the sun, listening to Madonna, thinking seriously, ‘What would you ask her?’ And I started writing questions. Because that’s one show that I don’t want to blow . . . I don’t want to f – – k it up.”

Andy Cohen takes Madonna’s haters to taskMadonna’s butt-baring Givenchy matador number on the Grammys red carpet may have landed her on many a worst-dressed list — but count Andy Cohen as a fan.

“I loved it,” he said Tuesday night at the Woman’s Day Red Dress Awards at Jazz at Lincoln Center. “Here’s the thing, the red carpets today are so boring because everyone has a stylist, and they just listen to their stylist and they do whatever they say. I like that Madonna puts on a show every time she comes out . . . when I’m 56, if my ass looks like that, I’ll wear fishnets and a matador outfit and show my ass.”

Cohen found the Madge Twitter backlash particularly obnoxious.“I thought the response to her was really ageist,” he said. “Why should you deny Madonna the right to be Madonna? This is who she is. This is what she does.

“I was tweeting about her, and I got a lot of tweets from women who were saying, ‘She’s too old, she can’t do this, she looks ridiculous,’ ” added Cohen. “I tweeted a couple back and I said, ‘Look, I’m looking at your avatar, and with all due respect, honey, you have a situation happening yourself.’ I don’t know why I’m on such a soap box about it, but I think it’s interesting. She’s Madonna. Let her keep being Madonna. Don’t take that away.”A longtime Madonna fan, Cohen has made no secret of the fact that the Queen of Pop is his dream guest to have on his nightly Bravo talk show, “Watch What Happens Live.” He’s hoping to leverage the release of her new album coming in March, “Rebel Heart,” into a booking.

“I’m working on it!,” he said. “Over Christmas, I was sitting there, zoning out in the sun, listening to Madonna, thinking seriously, ‘What would you ask her?’ And I started writing questions. Because that’s one show that I don’t want to blow . . . I don’t want to f – – k it up.”

Awww he's so sweet, get her on his show!

and women, wonder why? :flirt:

Just give them time. The general public are slow and Madonna is yet again ahead of time, people just don't realize it

She got so much flack for fighting different prejudices and agendas in the 80s and 90s - just think back. Most of those issues have become accepted by the mainstream since then and surely wouldn't cause that big a controversy nowadays.

She's once again a trailblazer in fighting ageism as, in my opinion, it's not about being provocative and wanting desperately to appeal to younger audiences. It's about the principle. She shouldn't be allowed to express herself freely just because she's 56? Fuck that

*rant over*

I meant polished lol!

I know, I just thought it was funny. :laugh:

I don't get it... There are five full, glorious minutes of Madonna to enjoy and people are getting worked up over not seeing the audience for five seconds at the end?

It's not that it was just edited out (which on its own wouldn't even really be an issue)...it's that someone over at the Grammys or Vevo edited her audience reaction out, and pasted it onto the end of Gaga's shit performance. It just reeks of typical shady bullshit...

Glad Andy said something about over the top M "outrage" which was mostly based on the general public's personal biases and prejudices.

It's true most of the "artists" there were puppets for their designers. I thought the music industry was suppose to be progressive and breaking boundaries on gender, age, sexuality, etc.

I guess not in the age of Bey, taylor, and gags. :ugh:

Soemthing very very bad happened to me. I just wanted to search for grammy performance recorded by fans, just like last years recording. And what did I type ?

Madonna - living proof grammys :ohmy::scared::noway::abuse:

Just give them time. The general public are slow and Madonna is yet again ahead of time, people just don't realize it

She got so much flack for fighting different prejudices and agendas in the 80s and 90s - just think back. Most of those issues have become accepted by the mainstream since then and surely wouldn't cause that big a controversy nowadays.

She's once again a trailblazer in fighting ageism as, in my opinion, it's not about being provocative and wanting desperately to appeal to younger audiences. It's about the principle. She shouldn't be allowed to express herself freely just because she's 56? Fuck that

*rant over*

Mark my words. The same idiots saying that she is 'old' are going to be the same people who will try to appeal to the younger crowd with their awful choices in fashion and taste in 'music' THEY will be embracing what Madonna is doing right now twenty years from now. Being in your 50s today is not the same as being in your 50s in the 1980s. Pisses me off how people can be fickle and talk such BS.

Glad Andy said something about over the top M "outrage" which was mostly based on the general public's personal biases and prejudices.

It's true most of the "artists" there were puppets for their designers. I thought the music industry was suppose to be progressive and breaking boundaries on gender, age, sexuality, etc.

I guess not in the age of Bey, taylor, and gags. :ugh:

That is because those 'artists' are safe. In this PC obsesed world where everyone is looking to be offended, people want to worship someone who is 'empowerd' but ultimately 'safe'. I think acts (I refuse to call them musicians and artists) like Bey, Tay and Gaga are glorified is because they represent the fantasies of a consumer culture that want to be famous for doing nothing They all got their gigs because of their connections and not because of any inate talent. They are worshipped but they are not really transgressive. I really think that a state of a civilization or culture is reflected on what they find entertaining.

ive noticed on facebook and other social media sites that the majority of hate towards what madge wore and her performance seems to come from women. Are they so pressed because Madge has raised the bar pretty high for them? Guys are noticing women of madonnas age can look hot and be fit and the majority of these women are overweight and look a mess. Guess they just dont want to put the work and effort into looking good and when someone like Madonna shows that it can be done its like a punch in the gut.

Does anyone else get choked up at the beginning, when Madonna gives the speech about being unique and fearless, and then the "love's gonna lift me up" intro is sung by the choir (or maybe just by that one woman)? It gets me every time ...

Does anyone else get choked up at the beginning, when Madonna gives the speech about being unique and fearless, and then the "love's gonna lift me up" intro is sung by the choir (or maybe just by that one woman)? It gets me every time ...

Absolutely. It gave me chills when I saw it on sunday. She's the best at. Love the footage of the video where she do that runway walk with the video outfit :wow:

Andy Cohen takes Madonnas haters to taskMadonnas butt-baring Givenchy matador number on the Grammys red carpet may have landed her on many a worst-dressed list but count Andy Cohen as a fan.

I loved it, he said Tuesday night at the Womans Day Red Dress Awards at Jazz at Lincoln Center. Heres the thing, the red carpets today are so boring because everyone has a stylist, and they just listen to their stylist and they do whatever they say. I like that Madonna puts on a show every time she comes out . . . when Im 56, if my ass looks like that, Ill wear fishnets and a matador outfit and show my ass.

Cohen found the Madge Twitter backlash particularly obnoxious.I thought the response to her was really ageist, he said. Why should you deny Madonna the right to be Madonna? This is who she is. This is what she does.

I was tweeting about her, and I got a lot of tweets from women who were saying, Shes too old, she cant do this, she looks ridiculous, added Cohen. I tweeted a couple back and I said, Look, Im looking at your avatar, and with all due respect, honey, you have a situation happening yourself. I dont know why Im on such a soap box about it, but I think its interesting. Shes Madonna. Let her keep being Madonna. Dont take that away.A longtime Madonna fan, Cohen has made no secret of the fact that the Queen of Pop is his dream guest to have on his nightly Bravo talk show, Watch What Happens Live. Hes hoping to leverage the release of her new album coming in March, Rebel Heart, into a booking.

Im working on it!, he said. Over Christmas, I was sitting there, zoning out in the sun, listening to Madonna, thinking seriously, What would you ask her? And I started writing questions. Because thats one show that I dont want to blow . . . I dont want to f k it up.

He regretted featuring in G.U.Y. Video, but he shoulda known better.