WHY was Love Spent originally a BONUS track?

loowee

It's the best song on the album. Just the fact that it was about to end up in the bonus cd shows that they were a bit lost before the release!

Or maybe the album had certain spirit at first and in the end they came up with different songs and changed them? I recall Orbit(ter) said that everything had been rushed just when things started to roll. And that Gang Bang version was recorded at the very end.

This is the same person who was originally recording 'Vogue' to be a B-Side and wanted Candy Shop to be the lead single off Hard Candy. Madonna herself has mentioned that she can never tell what will be a hit with people so i'm guessing she was convinced to put Love Spent on the standard issue after people's reactions to it.

Well, i hope she has a good team now, because nowadays she doesnt' have a record company to tell her "nooooo, that should be a single"

The answer is as follows:

Over the last few years, record companies have been purposely putting good songs onto the bonus albums and even releasing singles off the bonus albums in the hopes that it will entice people to fork over a few more bucks. Many artists have been doing this, not just Madonna.

I have definitely noticed this, not just with Madonna, but all of the artists I follow. Some of the best tracks were relegated to the bonus disc.

This is the same person who was originally recording 'Vogue' to be a B-Side and wanted Candy Shop to be the lead single off Hard Candy. Madonna herself has mentioned that she can never tell what will be a hit with people so i'm guessing she was convinced to put Love Spent on the standard issue after people's reactions to it.

:lol: So true. And on that same token, I do think LFL as the first single from RH is entirely her choice.

I am a HUGE fan of MDNA. That having been said, a large part of its strength lies in the section from I'm A Sinner through Beautiful Killer on the deluxe. If they had gone with the original track list, and someone had bought the standard edition of THAT, the whole listening experience would be VASTLY different with no LS or BK.

I think it really shows that there was never a vision for MDNA as an album.

As a collection of songs there is a lot of good stuff on it, including some of my very favourite songs, but as an album it is completely incoherent. No amount of track list shuffling can hide that.

Yeah. MDNA is a collection of good songs that don't work together at all, no matter the track sequencing. I'm scared about Rebel Heart. This is why I'd prefer a 2CD set.

I don't think there's a reason to be scared because Madonna has been just as responsible for the albums with good track sequencing as she has with the incoherent ones.

why was beautiful killer a bonus track when its one of the strongest songs on the album??

I've always assumed that it was because there isn't really a space on the album (besides replacing I'm a Sinner with it imo) where it would make sense, both sonically and thematically. And she prob didn't want a second gun violence song on the album

I guess Madonna is having a internal battle since that album and she writes rebelious songs one day, happy fluffy songs the next, and insightful the other day.

With Rebel Heart she seems to have found the confidence to balance both. Because, to be fair, if the first single had been Bitch I'm Madonna and the second single Unapologetic Bitch and the third one some other dance song, it doesn't matter if other great songs like Devil or Ghosttown are there. Isn't it?

Releasing Living For Love and focusing on Ghosttown and Illuminati on her Instagram shows that she's going a more coherent way. But frankly, I still see some incoherence having Ghosttown and BIM on the same album. Maybe when it's released i can see it works perfectly, just like Like It Or Not works perfectly on COADF.

Yeah. MDNA is a collection of good songs that don't work together at all, no matter the track sequencing. I'm scared about Rebel Heart. This is why I'd prefer a 2CD set.

Of all issues or crises faced by humanity worldwide -- GLOBAL WARMING being one prime example -- the track sequencing of Madonna's latest album happens to be something that scares you?

:manson:

Love Spent is definitely one of the best songs from MDNA and I love it a lot but it's really overproduced imo.

Her vocals are so thin and extremely auto-tuned while being completely drowned in that noisy production. The acoustic version is SO beautiful though! I think a mediation between the two versions would have been perfect.

So glad LS made it onto the album, it wouldn't be the same without it!! That's one of the tracks I really look forward to coming on.