Auction results: Madonna's clothes sell for $3.2 million

Apples388

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29975891

Madonna's clothes sell for millions at celebrity auction

_78865297_78864440.jpg

A collection of dresses and outfits worn by Madonna during her career in music and film helped a celebrity auction raise $3.2m (£2m).

The highest lot was a jacket from Desperately Seeking Susan, which fetched $252,000, while a gown from her Material Girl video reached $73,125.

The power of Madonna. I suspect in years to come, all things Madonna will be possibly the most collectible of all celebrities. She has the staying power, iconic changing looks and fascination factor that will ensure this.

Apparently the DSS jacket wasn't Madonna's, it was worn by Rosanna

MadonnaTribe longtime friend and Madonna collecting expert Ben did some research about the Desperately Seeking Susan jacket that is being part of the Icons and Idols 2014: Rock n’ Roll auction at Julien’s Live.

The iconic piece is cautiously described as “a custom made cropped tuxedo jacket worn by Madonna and Rosanna Arquette in Desperately Seeking Susan”, but in actual fact, the jacket Madonna wears in the movie is different. You can spot the difference by looking at the gold design on the front of the jacket.
The jacket being auctioned is actually the one worn by Rosanna Arquette in the movie and the publicity photos. There were obviously two jackets. One for Madonna (which Ben undertands it is still in her private collection) and one for Rosanna. And the gold design is very different on each shawl collar.

However, there is one time that Madonna wore that jacket. And that’s in the Polaroid photo. She was wearing the other jacket in the actual scene, but when we see the polaroid later she is wearing the jacket that is up for auction. So it’s only in that polaroid photo that we see Madonna in the jacket. In every scene and publicity photo – including the Herb Ritts ones – Madonna is wearing a different jacket to the one being auctioned.

Ben has attached these images that show the different jackets in use.

dss_jacket_01.jpg

dss_jacket_02.jpg

http://news.madonnatribe.com/en/2014/desperately-seeking-jackets/

Ughh god yeah. Or I go out and get drunk and leave it in a taxi.

I still want it even if its Rosannas.

Madonna did wear it at least once though for the polaroid so it will have her DNA in it :)

I make the mistake of acxidently reading the comments to this story on the ABC News website and it always surprises me how bitter and jealous people are over Madonna and her continued success

Not to mention the blatent SEXISM thats is a lot of the comments

One MAN went as far as to say that Madonna probably,bought the items herself to make her look like shes still big.

Shes fucking Madonna, always has been big and always will be!