What's your least favorite Madonna tour?

madgemusic85

Guest bluejean

I'd say Sticky & Sweet. And no, I don't hate it. I LOVE listening to the live versions of all the songs on it. But in terms of staging and concept i'd say it's her least creative or interesting. It's more of a regular concert than a "theatrical presentation" of her music.

2nd "worst" I'd say Re-invention. The opening is great but it sort of fizzles out in the second half. It's one of those shows that I think was probably more enjoyable in person. A real crowd pleaser but not really as creatively brilliant as Drowned World, Blond Ambition, The Girlie Show or MDNA.

As for the 80's tours I feel like those are too iconic to really rate. They are simpler staging wise but they are pre all the theatrics and technology so I feel as more conventional rock concerts they were really great for their time.

Confessions Tour - it just didn't click with me. It had that reminiscent RIT stage with the long catwalk added. I was expecting something totally different in terms of staging, but that's me and my subjective taste.

Yes I have to go with Who's That Girl as well. I don't hate it and I have very fond memories of it (it poured almost the whole show at Giants stadium but we didn't care!) When I watch all the tours again, it doesn't quite jump out as much as the other ones for me.

Definitely WTG. It's quite boring/cheesy. And I'm not a fan of her voice in it.

S&S is a close second for the reasons bluejean said. It's actually the only tour since she started touring again that I didn't attend. Maybe that's part of it, but I just found the sets, costumes, and performances rather uninteresting. That's why I was so surprised when Iggy Azalea said she watched the DVD and was blown away. Imagine what she'd think of DWT, CT, or MDNA!

oh great, i thought i would be one of the very few to say who's that girl tour. turns out many ppl think the same. it's criminal of me but it's the only madonna tour i have yet to watch in entirety.

MDNA tour... still liked parts of it though....

In terms of seeing it live on the floor level, it was all so dark (lighting wise) I just couldn't get a good look at anything I felt. I thought the screens were going to blow me away in person from what I saw of footage before my show, but they didn't look much better than any other screen I've ever seen (and I am tired of the reliance on screens now by many artists).

The moving blocks were a really cool idea though and looked great. I like physical objects on stage to make things interesting. The mirrors too.

I liked the second half better than the first, it clicked more for me.

Madonna looked amazing but to be honest, the number one problem I had with the show was the sound... I don't know if it was just my night or what, but the sound was awful at times, especially in the first half. Her vocals, the music itself, I don't know what was going on. The DVD was also a mess, but it wasn't just for the 5.1 sound being messed up, her voice sounds really weird in that show.

I also saw her live in Reinvention (first level of the arena) and S&S (floor) and I had a blast at both, but Reinvention in her vocals she sounded amazing, S&S pretty good, but both shows were really, really fun.

I don't mind darker concepts, but MDNA was just a bad vibe and nobody in my area was enjoying it. It was a very odd night. I know she kept asking audiences on the tour why people weren't having fun or moving or dancing, I don't know what she expected, lol.

Anyway, it still had some amazing parts, especially "Love Spent" but that wasn't even performed on my night, lol.

I think the show was trying to be too much when all was said and done. I'll still throw on the DVD to select parts I love.

Edited by madmark

I admit that I really can't choose! I use to say for the longest it was WTG, but I really enjoy watching most of the the DVD now.

S & S was somewhat of a disappointment after my all time favorite Confessions, but I love the S & S DVD.

Why does madonnanation hate Who's that girl tour so much?

Good question. I don't know.

This tour is amazing imo. Perfect. That's where you can see she's a real live performer, a real beast on stage. So raw and so much energy ! And so full of emotion during Live to Tell and The Look of Love...

I love her! :inlove:

This tour is amazing imo. Perfect. That's where you can see she's a real live performer, a real beast on stage. So raw and so much energy ! And so full of emotion during Live to Tell and The Look of Love...

yes, it was basically a one-(wo)man-show, it was all Madonna, her voice was the best on this tour, the hair was not grannylicious all the way through, she looked incredibly beautiful, the dancing is super iconic.

Sometimes I put on the dVD and reenact all the dance moves and the singing pretending to be her hihihi

God, I love 1986-87 Madonna soooooooooooo much

yes, it was basically a one-(wo)man-show, it was all Madonna, her voice was the best on this tour, the hair was not grannylicious all the way through, she looked incredibly beautiful, the dancing is super iconic.

Sometimes I put on the dVD and reenact all the dance moves and the singing pretending to be her hihihi

God, I love 1986-87 Madonna soooooooooooo much

exactly!

Nothing else but her !! Pure talent.

For me it's the Who's That Girl Tour of 1987. I tried to get into it as a whole, but I can't. I love three performances from the tour but that's it.

+1 I almost never see it, actually I don't own the DVD.

I kind of enjoyed Sticky & Sweet live, but I really hate the recording and taping.

I love, love, love MDNA but I don't watch the DVD neither because of it's bad production, recording, etc.

Guest Rocco Papa

Drowned World. I know a lot of fans love it, as they love the ROL and Music albums, but I was never crazy about it. I remember watching it live on HBO when it first aired and I was really disappointed that Holiday & La Isla Bonita were the only early tracks she did. I was also never crazy about the ROL or Music albums. I don't hate them. I think they're good albums, but they don't excite me very much. I've actually never understood the fascination people have with the ROL album.

Although, I must say, I enjoyed all the sexy men during the Human Nature performance! Particularly the guy at 1:32:

And the video screen during Music was awesome, too!

+1 I almost never see it, actually I don't own the DVD.

I kind of enjoyed Sticky & Sweet live, but I really hate the recording and taping.

I love, love, love MDNA but I don't watch the DVD neither because of it's bad production, recording, etc.

:popcorn2:

Drowned World. I know a lot of fans love it, as they love the ROL and Music albums, but I was never crazy about it. I remember watching it live on HBO when it first aired and I was really disappointed that Holiday & La Isla Bonita were the only early tracks she did. I was also never crazy about the ROL or Music albums. I don't hate them. I think they're good albums, but they don't excite me very much. I've actually never understood the fascination people have with the ROL album.

Although, I must say, I enjoyed all the sexy men during the Human Nature performance! Particularly the guy at 1:32:

And the video screen during Music was awesome, too!

I have a biased love for DWT because it was the first Madonna tour I ever saw.

This all the way!