Cher's ageist! Her oppinion on the Grillz

elijah

Still cant post anything, so:

She replied to a poster in twitter:

Don't Care for the Grill that much! I think Grills after 55 is a bit HHHHMMMMM...

Well...to be honest she does have a point. This is regardless of who it is wether is Madonna or your 55 y.o uncle or aunt. There are something's that no matter how much we want to do we shouldn't really do. Just look at all those fat people (men or women) who go to the beach or swimming pool and they're wearing those skimpy bikinis or speedos.

Well...to be honest she does have a point. This is regardless of who it is wether is Madonna or your 55 y.o uncle or aunt. There are something's that no matter how much we want to do we shouldn't really do. Just look at all those fat people (men or women) who go to the beach or swimming pool and they're wearing those skimpy bikinis or speedos.

No it fucking isn't. Weather u or I think something looks good is completely irrelevant. People need 2 get a fucking life & stop

thinking they're in a position 2 decide what goes & what doesn't.

????

You're very judgemental. So if somebody is fat they should wear a tent or stay home ? I think the grillz are ugly but if she likes them no one should tell her to not wear them, same with fat people at the pool or beach, in fact they empower me because i always think i have one or two pounds to lose and when i see these people enjoying themself and daring to show their bodies like this i feel empowered and silly. We should never limit ANYONe based on age, body size, colour, gender, sexuality because they are pushing the boundaries that may one day entrap us if we keep on giving them power. Be fat, be whatever you are, want to be or wear as long as it makes you feel good and happy because you are not just doing it for yourself but you are also freeing everybody who are too afraid to dare go against what we are supposed to be or do.

<3 Cher. She always tells it like it is and doesn't give a fuck. She's not being nasty here, she has expressed her love and respect for M many times now...but come on, she isn't the minority here, the grillz are gross, AT ANY AGE.

Ugh Cher... You think she'll be the one advocating against ageism in the business but no, it's too much to ask of course. Also she's not in the best position to judge Madonna on anything.

Society REALLY need to stop this whole ageism crap, it's as bad as racism and homophobia, people just don't seem to realise it. I'm not a fan of the grillz either, i find them ugly but if Madonna want to wear them, it's her right.

And yes, AGEISM equals sometimes to racism, sexism and homophobia. It's a way to imprison people, to make them stop because some other feels threatened or insecure about them.

It's a very difficult issue, because with fillings, surgery, photoshop and all that, those same artists are throwing stones against themselves.

I am fascinated by the problem people have with Madonna wearing grillz. Why does it bother people? Who cares what someone wears? If it doesn't affect your life why would care? It's not like someone us forcing you to wear anything.

I giggle at some of the outfits Madonna wears but thats the way she wants to dress.

Most who have a problem with Madonna wearing grillz probaly just don't like them. They won't criticise someone younger for wearing them and will keep their opinion to themselves.

I have no opinion on them so Madonna, you, your friends, and everyone can wear them as long as they want. Has nothing to do with age. If I have a problem with something Madonna is wearing it will be about that something itself.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

I am fascinated by the problem people have with Madonna wearing grillz. Why does it bother people? Who cares what someone wears? If it doesn't affect your life why would care? It's not like someone us forcing you to wear anything.

It doesn't bother most people who find it ugly, they just find it ugly.

Who cares? A lot of people, whether it's justified or not. And Madonna fans care a lot about what people wear, as many comments about hair, make up, dress, etc. make clear. They really care or just superficially, but enough to comment on it, as on many other topics.

You can find someone's outfit pretty, stylish, gross, unappealing, whatever, whether you're forced to wear it or not.

<3 Cher. She always tells it like it is and doesn't give a fuck. She's not being nasty here, she has expressed her love and respect for M many times now...but come on, she isn't the minority here, the grillz are gross, AT ANY AGE.

I am not a Cher fan at all. But she's right and i completely agree with you CMoody.

it's not that the grillz are offensive b/c of M's age. they make her r anypne look like they ahve maassive tooh decay and plague.

they are ugly. I'm sorry but they just are. Madonna can wear 'em all she wants but she has to realise people are gonna have an opinion of them. Yeah i know she doesnt care but it isnt a good look on her. Has NOTHING to do with her age. actually for 56 or any age, she looks amazing.

Edited by TriggerMGee

Can't get mad at Cherilyn for this- I mean, M can do what she wants- obviously- but I do not like the grillz. And it wouldn't matter if she were 26 or 56.

Also it is kind of ot really inaccurate to call Cher an ageist b/c she doesn't like the grillz. She merely has an opinion and is expressing it. isnt that what Madonna has taught us?

Someone asked Cher a question & she replied honestly. I'm sorry, but I think we have to try not to become overly sensitive with language.(I know I have before).

Yes it sucks M is regularly bashed for being highly inappropriate for her age & Cher should talk, but M NEVER engages with the haters & she moves on quickly.

Part of M character is she says what she means & keeps it real

She could've just said she didn't like the grillz. But she had to mention the age. So there you go.

Exactly. The fact that she mentionned Madonna's age as the main reason why it's hmmmmm to wear those grillz is clearly ageist.