The Power of Goodbye

Plaything

1) Madonna is GORGEOUS in the video. One of her best looks EVER, period.

2) In this behind the scenes video, she says this is her hair color and it's for a movie (at 2:35). Which movie though?

3) Appreciate.

I remember being 15 and oh so in love w M....I became a fan after Evita and just prior to ROL so this was my first era and WHAT an era it was! I was SO excited when it was revealed that she had gone back to brunette for the video....I agree, GORGEOUS look, timeless video, and breathtaking song. One of her absolute best!

One of my favorite songs and video. I remember it was the track that I played the most when I first got ROL. Just beautiful!

And yes, her look in the video is one of her best! Drop dead gorgeous!

001-women-madonna-power-of-goodbye-frank

Wow thank you for this video. She's just STUNNING. How is it possible to have a face that perfect. She's the definition of beauty. And that's also very interesting that she says she dyed her hair brown for a movie... Anyone knows what movie she was supposed to act in ?

This was the movie Madonna was supposed to star in:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_the_Heart

Madonna was originally signed to play the role of Roberta Guaspari, but left the project before filming began, citing "creative differences" with Wes Craven. She had already studied for many months to play the violin.

Streep learned to play Bach's Concerto for 2 Violins for the film.

In any event, gorgeous song, and gorgeous video. The album version is prefect but the demo is SO worth checking out.

Edited by TriggerMGee

Great video and one of my favorite songs by her,but she was reportedly playing the ultimate diva bitch during the shooting of the video, to the extend that it brought the director down to tears.

Great video and one of my favorite songs by her,but she was reportedly playing the ultimate diva bitch during the shooting of the video, to the extend that it brought the director down to tears.

Receipt please! :rotfl:

I remember being 15 and oh so in love w M....I became a fan after Evita and just prior to ROL so this was my first era and WHAT an era it was! I was SO excited when it was revealed that she had gone back to brunette for the video....I agree, GORGEOUS look, timeless video, and breathtaking song. One of her absolute best!

Same for me!

PUD would refer to me as a Rayoflighter :lol:

Not by choice :(

I was born in 1983 and Madonna was not dicussed at my home so I wasn't that much exposed to her

To think I was born the year she released her debut album :dramatic:

Anyway the song is magnificent, another gem from ROL

She looks sensational in the video and the video itself is visual poetry

well , to be a bitch whike filming your own video for a song that your self have written and produced I can understand. she was not a hired actress.

the creative differences during "the music of the heart" might be something totally different.

2w6basx.jpg

Love the video and look! The LP version was strong enough that I didn't even mind the lackluster (read: notoriously downright awful) remixes

Love the video and look! The LP version was strong enough that I didn't even mind the lackluster (read: notoriously downright awful) remixes

I remember ordering the remixes for POG and they were indeed God awful. However there are some very good unoffical remixes around which are quite good.

I was also 14 or 15 when Ray of Light came out. Absolutely fell in love with Madonna because of Power of Goodbye. What an ambient, magical song it was. I let the radio play all day long. And the song was on air quiet often. Sweet memories :)

gorgeous song with the (most) beautiful madonna playing her her homage to joan crawford and faye dunaway

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18zzhk_joan-crawford-power-of-goodbye-madonna_people

humoresque.jpg

tcrown.jpg

oh....thank you for this image backup :) looks very nice all together like this

people forget how every detail is not by accident in all visuals that m serves.

anyhow...my nation was very proud on Goran Visnjic acting in same video. (he is very popular croatian actor)

i remeber that the milion dollar question was how was to kiss madonna

madonna-the-power-of-good-bye-video-cap-

tumblr_lz9bu35fTe1qinilbo1_250.gif

The "Ray of Light" era was such a great time to be a Madonna fan. I had always liked Madonna and her music, but I never considered myself a big fan. That all changed with this era. "The Power of Good-Bye" became a major obsession of mine after purchasing the album (I got it on its release date). It was the song that I kept on repeat, and then the video came out. I was so obsessed with the video and the song and every performance.